Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Drugs are needed for our society to continue...
    #1655134 - 06/23/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Like tons of people I am unsure of the impact of legalized drugs on our society. So think it would be hell on earth, others believe it would be enlightenment for the masses. I think its abit more in the gray area, but I do believe it would be a possitive thing. At the begining it would be hard as change always is but we're building on something bad right now. But thats part of the way the world works, everytime something improves its pretisesor suffers, just like oil will suffer w/ electric cars.

At the begining it would do damage. Taking away jobs from DEA, prision builders/workers, law enforcement, and others. But these are all based on an injust industry. For a while I believe that they were needed, as well as the black market, for things to 'work.' But after some thought I looked at the way society is changing and what our future holds.

Experts have been worrying about all the changes going on. More and more jobs are being taken by machines and as our society gets more sucessful we keep caring more about recreation. Americans spend more money on entertainment than anything else. This is a random satistic I pulled out of my ass but I'm pretty sure its true. We can afford tons of extra things that just make life more enjoyable throughout our daily lives.

A huge area of recreation is recreational drugs. Look at how much we spend on alcohol alone a year, imagine if other drugs were legal how much more money would be spent. More money being spent means more jobs, which means more money being made. This creates more money cerculating which equals better economy.

But the way I had it pictured before this week was it would open one new market per drug. You would buy a bag of weed, or coke, or heroin, or w/e and thats in. One company would produce it all but then I thought of alcohol. Theres budwiser, millerlight, smirinoff, and many many other companies. Same w/ cigs and coffee. And in places where pot is legal different shops sell different strains and people buy what they like, why would other drugs be any different?

Here is just afew different ideas of companies that could open up per drug:

Cannabis. Tons of companies would open up, each growing there own strains. There would be a market for food baked with pot, also huge. Many other ideas that exist also, but from the 1st two alot would open up. This in my opinion would open the most just from the differences in plant to plant, just how there are tons of cigs. There will also be uses for hemp such as paper, fuel, food, clothes, soy, and others.

Mushrooms. These guys have a wonderful effect but a not so wonderful taste. This is where I think the buisness would come in for it. We like everything done as easy and pleasureable as possible, so different ways to do this with shrooms would have to happen. Different foods would be made such as chocolate shrooms, and other candy shrooms like strawberry and vanilla. Pizza, pasta, and other shrooms filled foods like them. Others like shrooms omlet, shrooms soup, etc.

LSD. I dont believe this will have as large an industry as others besides common psycedelic buisnesses involving art, nature, spiritual use, etc.

Cocaine. There is its pure powder form for snorting, and smoking form crack. But I believe alot of people would prefer alternatives. Other parts of the world where coca is legal have coca tea, this is a big thing, being about as equal to the tea or coffee market (both of which are big markets). Drinks besides tea would start popping up, such as the drink already famous for usin coke, Coke. Due to addiction new items would apper on the market to help people get off it just like tabacco has. There is already a gum that has small amounts of cocaine and works like nicotine gum that would be marketed. Others sure to come.

Heroin. Methodone would probably be sold to help out addicts, other than that  I dont really know too much about this drug period to know what they would come up with. If nothing else they would probably market cool looking syringes :tongue:

MDMA. This along with MDE and MDA I can imagine becoming popular. They would have different pills with mixes of these and other chemicals to give the exact effect you want. They would probably have time release ones that even have SSRI. They would use this for theopy.

2C - B. And all the other weird C pills would start getting used. Probably same situation as Ecstacy.

Mescaline. This would be kinda like shrooms. Most people dont like the taste. They would make fruit juices and other foods/drinks so people would have a choice of how to get it down. I also believe there would be seperate markets, or atleast customers, for peyote and mescaline since alot of people say the trips are different.

Opium. This has many uses in history. Many wines and foods has opium in them. I'm sure bringing them back and with how much the world has changed there are a whole lot of new drinks and foods that will go well with it and tons of comanies waiting for it.

There are alot of other things people can create with these drugs that I'm not creative enough to and there alot of other drugs but since there are *too* many I wont go thru and name how each one can change the world :wink:

This is not counting combinations or side effects of legalization. Combination of cannabis and tabacco cigs or nicotine-cannabis cigs. LSD and ecstacy pills; and other drug combos with each other. Also the food industry booming from cannabis. Spiritual, nature, and artistic practices opening involving psycedelics. Places opening up for drugs use and maximum injoyment, theres already coffee shops for pot and coffee, bars for alcohol, and clubs/raves for ecstacy. Rehab just like they have for alcohol and cigs. The job market for farmers growing this stuff. And countless others.

Along side of all these new busniesses there would be changes. With any new change there comes new rules and new problems. Drug abuse is a problem that exists right now but is not taken care of, the numbers will go up if legalize, atleast for a short while. Drug abuser need to be helped just like any substance abuser. Right now few get help since society cant draw a line on what is or isn't acceptable use, since any use is considered a problem. With a clear view on use then those with a problem can get help from family, friends or rehab is needed. Just how things work with alcohol and cigs. Instead of making problems worse by hiding them or getting sent to jail.

Drug use for minors will be controlled by parents. Sale to minors will be prohibited, punishable by a large fine. Use, possession, or being under the influence, by a minor is a warning the 1st time and parents being alerted and after that punishable by a fine. What goes on inside the house is under the parents control, you control that aspect of there life like any other part, this is the way it should be. Substance abuse is a moral and family issue and should never have became a legal on. If another adult is letting kids use drugs in there house and their parents dont allow it, you get a...you guessed it, fine :tongue:

The government should provide free national rehab for minors, maybe adults also, with the extra money they save off the war on drugs. This way when parents really do have a child they cant control they dont get stuck just paying fine, but the kid can get help w/o fucking up his life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: DailyPot]
    #1655135 - 06/23/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to have to stop here. Its way too late and I'm way too fucking tired. I keep making tons of typos and am forgeting lots of important points. Besides it wasn't suppost to be a book when I started :tongue2: This is enough for now. I'll finish it tomorrow.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1655290 - 06/23/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Oh yeah, and the US wants to help Columbia and some other poorer nations that are supposted by drugs only, this cant happen enless they're forces to change, and the only way to do that is it make drugs lose there value there. I'm pretty sure once legal they would lose alteast half there value, most likely more, and the US wont be buying their coke anymore so thats where we can help them get a fresh start.

Offlinesmoke6969
stoned

Loc: USA
    #1655753 - 06/23/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

These are interestign ideas but could never happn , like do you really want little kids getting as hold of shrooms and heroin? :syringe: 

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: smoke6969]
    #1655828 - 06/23/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

it's easier for kids to get weed than alcohol.

nobody deals beer outside a grade school.

if everyone who's selling pot sells
it out of a liquer store (or equivalent)
it'll be much harder to get.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: smoke6969]
    #1656368 - 06/23/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

smoke6969 said:
These are interestign ideas but could never happn , like do you really want little kids getting as hold of shrooms and heroin? :syringe:   

They already can :frown:

Drugs, if anything, would be harder for kids to get if they were government regulated. Atleast pot would, I doubt anything else would get much easier. Plus I think even if it is slightly easier to get the fact that they would be getting clean stuff and live in a society that could get them off it easier out weights its avalibility.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #1657516 - 06/24/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I think it would be a great idea to legalise pot! As for the other drugs (Coke, Opium etc.), I really don't think it would be a good idea to legalise...they're just too addictive and dangerous...much like alcohol (IMHO), strangely enough.... :grin:

Edit: Mushrooms should be legalised too!  :tongue:

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #1657788 - 06/24/03 03:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

why are they addictive and dangerous?

hmmm, probably because there are no idustry regulations, so cocaine can ve as powerful and as addictive as drug capitalists want the drug to be. like alcohol was during prohibition. if the quality of cocaine (and form) of cocaine was controlled by the gov't it could be less powerful, more diluted (like alcohol) and consequently, less addictive.

example: in cocaine producing countries, many workers eat the raw coco plant, and it is a much less powerful stimulant, a bit more powerful than coffee

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (06/24/03 03:02 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1657792 - 06/24/03 03:06 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>More money being spent means more jobs, which means more money being made.

You can?t spend more money than you have.
What you spend for drugs, you don?t spend for something else.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #1659507 - 06/24/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Well, I think it would be a great idea to legalise pot! As for the other drugs (Coke, Opium etc.), I really don't think it would be a good idea to legalise...they're just too addictive and dangerous...much like alcohol (IMHO), strangely enough.... :grin:

Edit: Mushrooms should be legalised too!  :tongue:

I agree that they're are addictive and dangerious but I dont think that a person shouldn't have the choice to use it based on that. Plus I think as addictive and dangerious as they are now it wouldn't be nearly as bad if legalized, much like alcohol.

Quote:

Anno said:
>More money being spent means more jobs, which means more money being made.

You can?t spend more money than you have.
What you spend for drugs, you don?t spend for something else. 

Huh? I dont get your point. The way our economy works is the more money people are working the better off our economy is doing. If these new companies open up and people buy there products then the company can hire more people, so more people will have jobs. The more people the jobs the more money they'll spend, so the better our economy is.

If you're saying people wont spend money in other areas you might be partially correct, but it doesn't matter. For some time now society as a whole as been doing pretty well as far as money goes. We no longer work just to pay the rent, put food on the table and afford a car. We have tons of extra money now which we used to improve those things, well after getting fat, getting nice houses, and fast cars we still have extra money. That we've spent on things to make our life easier. After that we still keep making more money so we spend it on things we enjoy, anything that we thing is fun. We spend tons of money on drugs which take away from spending it on other things but those buying drugs should already have the important things taken care of, so it doesn't matter that we spend it, it does nothing except hurt the economy. Not only that but I think we're losing more money by having it illegal. If it were legal it would be alot cheaper but more people would probably buy stuff, I think over all it would end up less money would be spent, but I could be wrong. But the money spent would stay in the system, and it would be taxed, so it wouldn't be lost money...

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: DailyPot] * 1
    #1659726 - 06/24/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think legalizing drugs is the American thing to do, after all, we always brag about how free we are when in many ways we are anything but. But on the other hand, I also believe alcohol to be one of the biggest problems in our society, but it also cannot be removed. I think this is how other drugs will be, they are gonna be used anyways, so why not regulate them?

I also disagree with the idea that drugs are easier to get than alcohol, at least where I live, drugs often run out, while getting alcohol (I'm 18) is always easy. Just ask a 21+ friend, or someone you know who has a 21+ friend. Statistically, in colleges and high schools, alcohol is used far, far more than any other drug.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1662418 - 06/25/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think our society will have to legalize them sooner or later, the sooner the better. The longer you're used to something the harder it will be to change. Thats what my post is about.

Alcohol is used more but thats cuz its not considered a drug. Plus thats what makes a party. I dont think it has anything to do with how easy it is to get. I think more people prefer alcohol.

Statisticly more kids say they can get pot easier than alcohol. You're 18 so its different, but most kids aren't friends w/ 21+ people. With alcohol you have to get an adult willing to go and get it for you and usually get nothing in return. With pot there are tons of people that deticate themselves to giving you and whoever else wants pot. Its there job to ask people if they want it and go out of there way to give it to you. Thats the difference between the two.

Alcohol has a story that you go to and only if the government says you can get alcohol can you. Pot is uncontrolled, so people regulate it, and most of these people are kids.

I'm not explaining shit well lol but I think my point is still getting thru.

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

#1664382 - 06/26/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow that first post is some good stuff.. Why waste it in just an internet forum ?

If you really want change:

Pamphlets, TV shows, Lectures!

Edited by Crass (06/26/03 12:07 PM)

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: Crass]
    #1665261 - 06/26/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It was cheaper to post it here :crazy:

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1677434 - 07/01/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just realized something...I know the US is king of mass production but if peyote is legal in Canada couldn't they legally make the peyote drink now?

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

#1678314 - 07/01/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, and how could I forget. LSD candy. Gum, and lollypops w/ acid :grin:

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
    #1680192 - 07/02/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>> Drugs, if anything, would be harder for kids to get if they were government regulated. Atleast pot would, I doubt anything else would get much easier. Plus I think even if it is slightly easier to get the fact that they would be getting clean stuff and live in a society that could get them off it easier out weights its avalibility.

I totally agree with that. It is way easier for kids to get drugs than alcohol. The reason: because only older people can buy alcohol and kids do not hang out with 21 year olds. As soon as you start hanging around 21 year olds you are not really a kid anymore. And if you are really young and hanging out with 21 year olds there is something wrong there. I remember when it was easier to get weed than cigs. 12 year olds can get weed as easy as shit. I think they should make weed legal and sell it is stores and regulate it like tobacco. I know Canada is moving more towrd that direction with the decriminalization of marijuana.

Drugs are never going to go away. the harder they push to get rid of them the harder the drugs will push back. if shit were legal then there would be hardly any problems at all

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: crazycanadian]
    #1681986 - 07/02/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

DAILYPOT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:grin:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1682334 - 07/03/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know about you guys, but I dont want some greedy capatalist pig touching my mushrooms. If drugs are legal I'll be growing my own stash.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Drugs are needed for our society to continue... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1682422 - 07/03/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
DAILYPOT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:grin: 

Heh, I dont really wanna run a country. I'm just pointing out something that I believe...I think as society changes it will get to a point where it wont work enless the drug line is moved, and eventually destroyed. I'm sure if I were Pres I would do this one thing right but fuck up everything else lol

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:
I don't know about you guys, but I dont want some greedy capatalist pig touching my mushrooms.  If drugs are legal I'll be growing my own stash.   

It wouldn't be 'greedy capatalist pigs' growing your shrooms, they would just have a say in how its regulated, much how alcohol is. The gov doesn't touch your beer, they just say you have to be 21+ to buy it. But hey, if you wanna grow your own more power to ya, I'll probably be doing the same :wink: 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale