Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]
Invisibleteknix
π“‚€βŸπ“…’π“π“…ƒπ“Š°π“‰‘ 𓁼𓆗⨻
 User Gallery

Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: teknix]
    #16554211 - 07/19/12 11:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sec. 102.  Policy.  The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency.

AND

Quote:

(b)  The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions.

Yeah the clarification expands this power beyond "defensive" measures or in an emergency situation.

Edited by teknix (07/19/12 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: amilibertine]
    #16554237 - 07/19/12 12:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:
This thread gives me a headache. 

You're both right and wrong. 

Presidents exercise all kinds of power through executive order.  Surely you don't remember Congress passing a declaration of war anytime in the last 60 years do you?  The presidents chose to send us to war which is a power that is strictly forbidden by the constitution.  Trying to make the case the the government isn't corrupt beyond belief and only acts within the law is pretty naive. 

Whether the president has the power to exercise his authority as commander-in-chief outside of the context of war is a not in dispute.  The extent to which that power can be exercised is a question that has been going back and forth since the end of WWII...if you have a particular opinion on it, that's fine...but don't pretend like there aren't arguable positions on both sides of the dispute.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: teknix]
    #16554460 - 07/19/12 01:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

teknix said:
OK the title says "Seizes CONTROL" it doesn't say SEIZES alone.

so he takes control of all the food production and farms in the US, how will
he run them all, he's just one man, he cant be everywhere at once

again it appears you're wrong, so wrong in fact that it's cute

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: Enlil]
    #16554465 - 07/19/12 01:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
He could write an order saying that everyone in the country has to suck his dick...

I want compensation

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#16554476 - 07/19/12 01:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

teknix said:
Quote:

Sec. 102.  Policy.  The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency.

AND

Quote:

(b)  The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions.

Yeah the clarification expands this power beyond "defensive" measures or in an emergency situation.

neither of these say anything as you claim they do, they dont say that
obama can seize control of anything and it certainly doesnt give him
any power

Invisibleteknix
 User Gallery

Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16554478 - 07/19/12 01:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

teknix said:
OK the title says "Seizes CONTROL" it doesn't say SEIZES alone.

so he takes control of all the food production and farms in the US, how will
he run them all, he's just one man, he cant be everywhere at once

again it appears you're wrong, so wrong in fact that it's cute

Nah, I already explained that he seized control and gave it to his peoples to manage for him.

Offlinetreesniper119
No one of Consequence
Male User Gallery

Loc: rainbow land
    #16554879 - 07/19/12 02:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:
This thread gives me a headache. 

You're both right and wrong. 

Presidents exercise all kinds of power through executive order.  Surely you don't remember Congress passing a declaration of war anytime in the last 60 years do you?  The presidents chose to send us to war which is a power that is strictly forbidden by the constitution.  Trying to make the case the the government isn't corrupt beyond belief and only acts within the law is pretty naive. 

Having said that, this EO doesn't at all say what the OP wants it to.  The government can do whatever it wants whenever it wants and it doesn't need to sign EO's or pass laws in Congress to do it.  This order reads to me as just a clarification of existing law and a plan of action for a possible future crisis.

:whathesaid:

It sure seems like things are escalating, but like wallflower said, if that is what you (teknix) truly feel will happen, then prepare for it, no point in stressing yourself out by repeating the same argument over and over to the others who do not wish to share in your views, it is pointless. :heart:

--------------------
Icelander said: I'd like to fund unlimited abortions. Finally some good coming from my tax dollars.

Repetoire89 said: I love abortion and fully condone it - some should make it into a sport.

Treesniper119 said: Any one who is willing to start life & also willing to deny life to their form/seed/child/offspring is cursed.
For you have severed your own cord to lifes worth.
Anyone who condones these actions is cursed as well...

Invisibleteknix
 User Gallery

Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: treesniper119]
    #16554955 - 07/19/12 03:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not stressed, just trying to get to the bottom of things, as I have always done.

Offlinetreesniper119
No one of Consequence
Male User Gallery

#16554994 - 07/19/12 03:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

No getting to the bottom of this one...not until it happens:shrug: & by then, all the "i told you so's" in the world will not matter. In time, everyone will see it for what it was & realize we're on the same sinking ship :sad:

--------------------
Icelander said: I'd like to fund unlimited abortions. Finally some good coming from my tax dollars.

Repetoire89 said: I love abortion and fully condone it - some should make it into a sport.

Treesniper119 said: Any one who is willing to start life & also willing to deny life to their form/seed/child/offspring is cursed.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: treesniper119]
    #16555014 - 07/19/12 03:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

treesniper119 said:
No getting to the bottom of this one...not until it happens:shrug: & by then, all the "i told you so's" in the world will not matter. In time, everyone will see it for what it was & realize we're on the same sinking ship :sad:

but when it doesnt happen, what's next, suicide because you blew everything
on zombie repellent and stocked up on food that went south

Invisibleteknix
 User Gallery

Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16555033 - 07/19/12 03:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly if they start drafting, I'm prepared to dodge, unless it is actually defending our boarders from invaders.

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere North of Normal
Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: amilibertine]
    #16555071 - 07/19/12 03:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:
[...]Surely you don't remember Congress passing a declaration of war anytime in the last 60 years do you?  The presidents chose to send us to war which is a power that is strictly forbidden by the constitution.[...]

See the War Powers Resolution* - congress has delegated some of the war powers to the discretion of the President based on the long-standing idea that foreign policy is primarily his responsibility. It remains an unresolved argument weather or not Congress is constitutionally enabled to delegate that power but since no one has actually challenged it it's still on the books.

*Also the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) Against Terrorists and the AUMF against Iraq in 2002. Just because they didn't call it a declaration of war doesn't mean they didn't provide 'statutory authorization'.

--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

Edited by NizzyJones (07/19/12 03:36 PM)

Offlinetreesniper119
No one of Consequence
Male User Gallery

#16568805 - 07/22/12 03:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

treesniper119 said:

but when it doesnt happen, what's next, suicide because you blew everything
on zombie repellent and stocked up on food that went south

:laugh2: that or your own suicide because you couldn't handle the truth when zombies ate your family and loved ones :shrug: jk. Or when the military police burst onto the scene (your property) and confiscate it, no worries, you'll be compensated at a later time. Jk
But seriously, storing up food that went south? Even storing up a few years worth of non perishable rations is smart to have on stand-by. luck favors the prepared prissy... & not so much the condescending short sighted arrogant folks... no, no, they eat their words & then they die. JK

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#16568843 - 07/22/12 03:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not going to live in a fantasy world where the military would come to
seize my home at the orders of the president just because I'm a farmer,
if on the off chance that alien zombies invade or obama gets a wile hair
up his ass, I'll just take your food

Offlinetreesniper119
No one of Consequence
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama seizes control over all food, farms, livestock, farm equipment, fertilizer and food production [Re: Prisoner#1] * 2
    #16570315 - 07/22/12 07:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

you must be living in a fantasy world to think you'd ever get close enough to anything that's mine prissy :sniper: you can be farmer #1 or douchebag #1 in real life, but you step on my grounds, in this scenario, & you'll end up prisoner#1....or shot in the face from a good distance.... #1.:lol: :heart:

--------------------

Edited by treesniper119 (07/22/12 07:15 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies