Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNotnecstoned
jazz messenger
Loc: NY
anxiety during trip
    #1648763 - 06/20/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

During my last couple of trips I've gotten extreme anxiety and don't know what to do with myself. I get restless and try to do shit to get my mind of off the anxiety but nothing works. No matter what I do I don't feel comfortable. Any suggestions?

--------------------
"It is not wise to shine like jade and resound like stone chimes"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anxiety during trip [Re: Notnecstoned]
    #1648859 - 06/20/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Look up my thread "EVERYBODY READ THIS: Psychedelics and Benzo's" It can prove invaluable to you especially the special vitamin B3 variant. And while you're there, go give it a bump!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: anxiety during trip [Re: Asante]
    #1648981 - 06/20/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"I get restless and try to do shit to get my mind of off the anxiety but nothing works. No matter what I do I don't feel comfortable. Any suggestions?"

Maybe try running around a bit? Do handstands? Cartwheels?

Going for a walk would probably help, too.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: anxiety during trip [Re: micro]
    #1651404 - 06/21/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Psychedelics can turn on you. Take a break from tripping and see if that elliviates the anxiety issue. If not, don't trip. I know someone who was a chronic weed smoker; no problems with it for over 9 years, and suddenly no matter what type of weed he smoked or ingested...it always ended up in anxiety/paranoia attacks.

Could be your body telling you it's had enough.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineNotnecstoned
jazz messenger
Loc: NY
Re: anxiety during trip [Re: Boppity604]
    #1651602 - 06/21/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the suggestions

--------------------
"It is not wise to shine like jade and resound like stone chimes"

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: anxiety during trip *DELETED* [Re: Notnecstoned]
    #1653313 - 06/22/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineRed_Ducati
ItalianPerformance

Loc: United States
Just go with the flow. [Re: poke smot!]
    #1653327 - 06/22/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:Try to take your mind off things. If you're in a struggle trying not to "face" something or rather, not allowing the shroom to show you what it has to show, the resistance causes you to be preoccupied with finding ways to get out of the trip.

He is exactly right. You just need to accept that what is happening is happening because you consumed a psychoactive drug. If you face whatever is causing your anxiety then you will surely be able to further enjoy your trip. If things don't appear to make sense and everything seems chaotic and falling apart then you don't even need to worry about it. Relaxing and going with the flow and taking in whatever the mushrooms want to show you is what it's all about.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Just go with the flow. *DELETED* [Re: Red_Ducati]
    #1653479 - 06/22/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1653631 - 06/22/03 01:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The key is to let go. Get yourself out of the way, stop thinking and just experience. The mushrooms have been looking after human beings for thousands of years, you're in safe hands. Trust the shrooms to take care of you and refuse to spoil the experience with your own anxious thoughts.

For four hours tell yourself you arn't going to let yourself worry. You worry in your ordinary life enough for a thousand lifetimes - you deserve a break from that shit for 4 hours!

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineRed_Ducati
ItalianPerformance

Nice trip report! [Re: poke smot!]
    #1653800 - 06/22/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That was quite a trip report. The most that I've dosed would be around six grams of P. cubensis. I believe that every trip can teach you something no matter how small, but I've never experienced ego death (yet). Mushrooms truly are amazing!

You're an excellent writer as well and make sure and keep those trip reports coming!

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Nice trip report! *DELETED* [Re: Red_Ducati]
    #1654092 - 06/22/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineRed_Ducati
ItalianPerformance

Re: Nice trip report! [Re: poke smot!]
    #1654104 - 06/22/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

But I promise you I'll post when I finally break down and let myself dissolve into the cosmos (in other words, vaporize some 5-MeO-DMT).

The above statement made me laugh pretty hard. Just be safe and have a good time and I'm sure that whatever you're searching for will come in time. We'll all find out the answers sooner or later.

:grin:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: anxiety during trip [Re: poke smot!]
    #1654191 - 06/22/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I relate anxieties / fears during a trip, to Ego or just nonwillingness to accept the altered state.

I believe that many of you are fortunate to not have experienced this. I never had this type of anxiety until after many decades of very infrequent use. The panicky portion of the show comes on the worst for me when there is no tripping involved. There are no thoughts to deal with, no visual distortions; just an overwhelming sense of fight or flight on the come-up.

It appears to be a body thing that no amount of preparation or letting go will help, and is quite different than peaking anxiety when everything is confusing and overwhelming.

What seems to help me the most despite advice to the contrary, is to split the dose. Take about 1/3 to 1/2, then the rest after you can feel the trip coming on.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1654632 - 06/22/03 08:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My opinion:

Step 1: Don't trip often.. the more frequent your trips are, the more anxiety you could run into.

Step 2: RELAX - It sounds to me like you're freaking yourself out

Step 3: Check your breathing.... normalize your breathing

Don't be afraid to make some noise - don't be afraid to smile - don't be afraid to laugh - don't be afraid to squeal out with joy

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Nice trip report! [Re: Red_Ducati]
    #1660743 - 06/25/03 05:13 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I dont buy into the whole 'thinking about your rip is your ego fighting it' concepts. For many people anxiety is really just part of the mushroom experience. If you read general desription of mushroom intoxication, or if youve just consummed a large amount of shrooms, you will encounter some anxiety as you rise from baseline.
I have had significant experience with LSD, Cacti and others and have never had a bit of anxiety from these, let alone a bad trip - even on 300mcgs of quality acid, yet strong mushroom trips will give me some anxiety at the beginning.
I think the important thing is to be aware that the anxiety will not last, and to let go of the anxiety - take a shower, or a walk, have a wank or try and laugh/smile. One of my techniques is to drink a few beers before i trip - so that the come up is smoother, and im in a top frame of mind.
At the end of the day, let go of the anxiety, or it will stay for the whole experience. Also with time you will know what to expect and not feel concerned about the anxiety - or even become twisted and enjoy it :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag