Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCounterCulturest
-Positive Mental Attitude-

Loc: Nesting on modems
Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: joemolloy]
    #17292574 - 11/27/12 06:52 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Check detest's link though:

Quote:

While the cactus has been reported to treat rheumatism, it is not known to be used hallucinogenically. Yet, it does contain many psychoactive alkaloids such as: 3-methoxytyramine, 3,4-dimethoxyphenethylamine, 3,4 dimethoxy-5-hydroxyphenethylamine, 3,5 dimethoxy-4-hydroxyphenethylamine, Arizonine, Dopamine, Heliamine, Heliamine, dehydro Mescaline, Tyramine, Carnegine, Gigantine (5-hydroxycarnegine), Salsolidine Norcarnegine), Salsolidine, dehydro (Ott 1993).

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that this mixture of chemicals can alter consciousness.

Haha I know right ? that looks like a great concoction of different shit. "dehydro mescaline,dopamine, dimethoxy phenethylamines ". Please test this out soon man. This could be great stuff. Many great things slip through the hands of time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: CounterCulturest]
    #17292608 - 11/27/12 06:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have a pretty big batch of it.  I should just brew it up and tarball it and pop a few.  Paranoia and laziness are a bad combo though.  I can't bother to cook it and I'm nervous I will have a medical crisis.  Come on, there have to be braver shroomerites in this state.  Them damn cactus are everywhere.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: joemolloy]
    #17292640 - 11/27/12 07:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
I have a pretty big batch of it.  I should just brew it up and tarball it and pop a few.  Paranoia and laziness are a bad combo though.  I can't bother to cook it and I'm nervous I will have a medical crisis.  Come on, there have to be braver shroomerites in this state.  Them damn cactus are everywhere.

You mentioned something about a heart attack and some kid on youtube. I know cactus has that crazy stimulant effect and can keep your going pretty fast. Do you know if this Saguaro is supposed to be any worse ?

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#17292658 - 11/27/12 07:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I have no idea, I'm just throwing random side effects out there.  Did you watch the video on the first page of this thread?

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlinejjjcmzzt
That guy
Male
Loc: United States
    #17292689 - 11/27/12 07:10 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I would gladly try this but im in new england so their arent any saguaros around here that i am aware of. Otherwise id gladly be a guinea pig for this. I definitely want to hear about this. Joemolloy, if you do try this id love to hear about it! You could always start with a small amount to get a slight feel for dosing it before diving in, but nonetheless i am definitely interested in this, and whoever tries it should definitely let us know what happens.

--------------------
Psychedelics i want to take: Mushrooms, Salvia (weak), Salvia (strong), Cannabis, LSA, Cactus, LSD, DMT, Bufotenine, 5-meo-DMT, 4-aco-DMT, Bufocin (theoretical as of now),  and a long long time from now, Datura (deliriant).

"LSD is a psychedelic substance which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people that have never taken it."

DEATH METAL \m/

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: jjjcmzzt]
    #17292713 - 11/27/12 07:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Oh okay that was the same one I just found. I wish he would have gone into more detail about the effects. If that slab he took was "enough medicine for me and a couple friends" then it must be fairly strong. I really wanna try this. When I get paid I'll order a bit and give it a try. Sounds interesting. But being as big and available as they are, I bet there is a damn good reason that shroomery and bluelight kids haven't caught on. I mean a few days ago here in the fort some kid was trying to eat dill seeds to get high...

Offlinedetest86
Psychonaut

#17295179 - 11/28/12 02:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the guy in the youtube video seems very knowledgeable.  Do some research on him.  This might make you feel better about eating the cactus joemolly

Offlinedetest86
Psychonaut

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: detest86]
    #17399599 - 12/16/12 01:04 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

for science, conmon joe molly!

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
    #17399891 - 12/16/12 03:41 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Someone needs to try asap.

--------------------

Offlinejjjcmzzt
That guy
Male
Loc: United States
Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: Locky]
    #17400185 - 12/16/12 06:39 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Locky said:
Someone needs to try asap.

Yea someone who has access to Saguaro cactus has to give this a whirl.

--------------------
Psychedelics i want to take: Mushrooms, Salvia (weak), Salvia (strong), Cannabis, LSA, Cactus, LSD, DMT, Bufotenine, 5-meo-DMT, 4-aco-DMT, Bufocin (theoretical as of now),  and a long long time from now, Datura (deliriant).

"LSD is a psychedelic substance which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people that have never taken it."

DEATH METAL \m/

Offlinehashhands
Stranger
Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: jjjcmzzt]
    #18042032 - 04/01/13 11:45 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Hey guys. I made this account just for this purpose and have no idea how to reply normally and i figured you're the best person i should use to reply to, haha. Well last night, being me, i went and harvested some saguaro cactus. In quite a disrespectful manor if i say so, but hey, i live in phoenix. These things are literally everywhere and in almost every neighrbors yard (guess how i got it :frown: ). especially in cave creek oh my god. ANYWAYS. since again there are no ways to know potency, info on which doses are active etc. so i'm simply doing what OP did in their. I do NOT mind being a guinea pig for this :smile:. it's been in the FRIDGE for about 11 hours now, i didn't want to put it in a baggie in the freezer after what was mentioned prior but even then i doubt the fridge will make a difference. Definitely bitter haha! So, guys, anyone ready to rebirth a post? Who knows, this could be a huuuge  find for psychoactives. I personally love (and have only tried salvia) psychadelics, and salvia was amazing to be honest. x1000 times more fun than i thought, which was already x1000 more fun than i thought anyways. Anyway yeah if anyone would like to help me out? especially anyone else out here with some saguaro? i've got an unlimited supply guys, a few tests and studies (although harming such a beautiful thing) can possibly mean great things later on!

OfflineSteelPanther

Loc: The Energy
Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: hashhands]
    #18042055 - 04/01/13 11:56 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

A while ago I read about some chemical in them that allows you to go into a lucid dream upon closing your eyes, I have also read threads where people tried this and ended up feeling horribly sick saying to never try it.

--------------------
Everything I say on here is not true, I am an insecure person who lies about doing drugs and stuff to make myself feel good. So any illegal things I may have talked about are all fictional.

Offlinehashhands
Stranger
Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: SteelPanther]
    #18042084 - 04/01/13 12:09 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:
A while ago I read about some chemical in them that allows you to go into a lucid dream upon closing your eyes, I have also read threads where people tried this and ended up feeling horribly sick saying to never try it.

weird.. i (considering there's no way to measure dosage or know what's orally active) simply vigorously licked that bitch like a fine womans cooch and all i felt after about a minute to two after a good 20 second lick (definitely bitter :frown: ) and the best way to describe what i felt is: transition. a friend had called me over in another room and as i went to check (turning a corner) i just felt... well weird, as if my mind kinda phased out, nothing MAJOR, and i'm sure it was just some placebo affect, but who knows? anyone got some good info on the alkaloids? i haven't bothered to look in depth so i'm not entirely sure of their properties.

Anonymous

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: hashhands]
    #18043993 - 04/01/13 09:13 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I don't know if anyone here will be able to help lol. I don't know if anyone has tried it. Very interesting though. Seeing how abundant they are etc

Offlinedetest86
Psychonaut

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: Anonymous]
    #19577647 - 02/16/14 11:42 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

bump.  Anyone have any trip reports?

Edited by detest86 (02/16/14 11:42 PM)

Invisibledrr
Female
    #19577826 - 02/17/14 12:40 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

detest86 said:
bump.  Anyone have any trip reports?

I wanna hear too, forgot about this thread, who has tried this stuff?

OfflineHydroSense
Stranger
Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: drr]
    #21682582 - 05/15/15 11:08 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Well I understand this post is OLD now & I recently looked into this. I have 2 very large saguaro's in my front yard. I carved the flesh out of 1 and took about 3 doses. I took 3 large teaspoons of the flesh. It has a very strange/gross taste to it. After about 10-20 minutes of sitting and waiting, you start to feel almost a high. More of a body high. Other than that, it isn't bad. I plan to take more of this in the future when I'm on a hike in the desert.

OfflineBigHeart
Burner

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: HydroSense]
    #21689063 - 05/17/15 01:20 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

You should experiment more at home before you try it out on a hike in the desert, that sounds like a bad idea unless you test it more first.  Do you have a scale?  You could try measuring weight and up your dose to see if it's truly psychoactive.

Quote:

HydroSense said:
Well I understand this post is OLD now & I recently looked into this. I have 2 very large saguaro's in my front yard. I carved the flesh out of 1 and took about 3 doses. I took 3 large teaspoons of the flesh. It has a very strange/gross taste to it. After about 10-20 minutes of sitting and waiting, you start to feel almost a high. More of a body high. Other than that, it isn't bad. I plan to take more of this in the future when I'm on a hike in the desert.

--------------------

OfflineGremlinchode
LoneWolf
 User Gallery

Re: Saguaro Cactus Help! [Re: Gravity]
    #24241944 - 04/13/17 10:27 PM (7 years, 4 days ago)

Carnegia gigantea (Engelmann) Britton et Rose (Saguaro Giant Cactus)

Source: The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants Enthnopharmacology and Its Applications.

Author Christian Ratsch

Carnegia Gigantea page 12, 153-155, 337, 871.

I was able to find information about the fruit that is made into a drink aka Tiswin,sawado,sugaro,haren, ha-san na'vai or nawait. (on page 154)  But the plot thickened in the section Ritual use the last paragraph before Artifacts section.  "To date, we know of no psychoactive use of the cactus flesh or an alkaloid-rich preparation made from it.  It is possible that there might have once been such a use, for the Saguaro is also regarded as a peyote substitute. (see Lophophora williamsii). 

For further reading see.

Page 337 Peyote Substitutes and plants with the name peyote.

Page 871 Botanical Taxonomy of Psychoactive Plants and Fungi

Page 12 Ritual uses of psychoactive substances.

--------------------
“In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rock feller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighways.”        -Chuck Palahniuk-

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds