Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period)
    #16542514 - 07/16/12 11:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Weren't on this cake yesterday, its at the bottom section fully connected around the sides, 90% done and I noticed these fluff balls, is this early pins or is this cake screwed? Makes me mad because this cake is 90% and the closest other ones are 80% so... :frown:

--------------------
Ralph is a scammer beware and go to sporeworks.com

"You must stop your bleeding
Before you run yourself dry
You must let go of your wound
Because love it is crying for is gone
" - Closing Words by Insomnium

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: 1nsomnium]
    #16544389 - 07/17/12 12:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Checked with midwestgrowkits Live Chat but didn't link them a pic, just a description and they claim that its just mycelium growing over the verm barrier and its perfectly fine, but I am still skeptical.

Can someone please tell me what the heck those white clumps are?

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: 1nsomnium]
    #16544394 - 07/17/12 12:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It looks as if it is pinning in the jar. Calm yo self little grass hoppa..

--------------------
I must keep reminding myself of this.
I must keep reminding myself of this. I must keep reminding myself of this.

Edited by Ganzig (07/17/12 12:27 PM)

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Ganzig]
    #16544945 - 07/17/12 02:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks that great news, but why does the one resemble a mushroom slice you would find when you order mushroom pizza from a pizza shop, or is that the stem forming and then pins will come?

And if you could kindly give me advice about the next step. The jar should be done in two days, if I see a brown cap I will know its a pin, but if its still that white stuff, is that bad?

Also, the big favor would be guiding me along with the next step, if I get a step wrong could you correct me and add some of your own personal methods and tips to allow me success, I want alot of caps because I want alot of prints even to collect them as I grow new strains in the future, I also want to donate some to help fellow shroomers who don't want to buy a print and/or a spore syringe, free service!

1. Do I wait the whole week for consolidation in the jar to hold the cake, or do I reduce the time if pins start to get to big and/or rot/abort? And... Should I pick off the pins that form and dry/eat them, or should I dunk and roll them anyway and just sacrifice those pins if they aren't even potent enough to want to pick anyway? Or are they good and they wont fall off during dunk and roll?

Sorry I ask so specifically but maybe this thread will answer alot of questions to other fellow noobs that frequent this form often so it should be at the top for a whole, and noobs in the future who see related threads, which answers ALOT of my questions :smile:...

2. I am thinking about just turning the rubbermaid from the grow kit i ordered into a shot gun fruiting chamber and buying a 20 dollar targer humidifier and a hydrometer or whatever its called at the pet shop around here thats been in business and national for years so I know they have quality ones that wont fail my beginners luck.

I do fear contamination every single time I think about my jars, because I want these shrooms to work, I feel like I am destined to try these and I know they will change my life for the better for atleast 3-6 months and i'll keep using the shrooms every few months to not abuse their power.

Anyway, enough with the rant... The lid on my rubber made is NOT transparent, but I heard thats fine just put lights around the sides so they grow at an up angle, (its a big rubber maid to)..

Drill a bunch of holes, 1/4 mes or whatever on all sides including bottom and elevate it with big erasers or something then put the humidifier in there and let it rip, perlite on bottom, 4 inches or so, rinsed in tap water and put the cakes on foil and mist with a bottle of water to rain it down on the cakes, and fan them 4 times a day and do a 12 on 12 off light cycle and mist 5 times a day not to heavily. DOES FAN MEAN SIMPLY TAKE OFF LID MOMENTAIRELY OR DOES IT MEAN WAVE YOUR HAND FOR FRESH AIR EXCHANGE????

Ill stop with this post for now.

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#16545263 - 07/17/12 03:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Use the modern pf tek that is prescribed on this site and you will do fine.

As far as that rubbermaid. You will need light. So, if you don't have it,
make it happen somehow.

You are almost there.

If the mycelium is all around the bottom then you are at 100% colonization.

The top layer is a dry verm layer right? If so then give them the week
consolidation and then dunk and roll. Good luck.

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Ganzig]
    #16545357 - 07/17/12 03:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I know that the whole jar has to be white, my only concern is leaving the pins inside of the jars during the consolidation 7 day period after 100%. Some people say they succeeded by taking out the cakes prior to 7 days, im thinking by the time these pins actually show, the cake would be 100% colonized, and if I leave them in the jars to consolidate for 7 days wont the shrooms make the cake hard to get out, whereas if I just took the jar out a few days early, would that really decrease my yield?

And lets say that by day 7 of consolidation everything is fine, can I eat those shrooms that are forming now, will it be enough to finally for once in my life feel the power of the fruit? thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#16545541 - 07/17/12 04:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The whole jar does have to be white except the dry verm layer on top.
Do your jars have this dry verm layer? And are they, other than the dry
verm layer, colonized?

If so then your consolidation time has already started. If there are
non-colonized areas that are visible that have nutrients ie brf leave them  in the jars.

Or else take them out and cut off uncolonized area.

I guess I am saying that I am unclear as to whether or not your jars are
100% colonized.
You say they are not but I am thinking that you mean the dry verm layer is what is left to colonize.

This does not have to colonize. It is only a crude filter.

And yes you can consume in-vitro fruits. They taste and work the same.
Some say stronger.

If it is colonized and consolidated then birth the fruiting ones and dunk them. The fruits
will survive.

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16545770 - 07/17/12 04:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ganzig said:
The whole jar does have to be white except the dry verm layer on top.
Do your jars have this dry verm layer? And are they, other than the dry
verm layer, colonized?

If so then your consolidation time has already started. If there are
non-colonized areas that are visible that have nutrients ie brf leave them  in the jars.

Or else take them out and cut off uncolonized area.

I guess I am saying that I am unclear as to whether or not your jars are
100% colonized.
You say they are not but I am thinking that you mean the dry verm layer is what is left to colonize.

This does not have to colonize. It is only a crude filter.

And yes you can consume in-vitro fruits. They taste and work the same.
Some say stronger.

If it is colonized and consolidated then birth the fruiting ones and dunk them. The fruits
will survive.

I was going to type another long summary but I find that pictures speak louder than words so...The first pic is of the bottom of the jar, that is all that is left to colonize, which is what I meant by saying in about two days..Other jars are following behind as you can see from the background of the first pic.

I am aware that the top doesn't have to be colonized, so yes; I use a dry verm barrier, I bought pre pressure cooked and mixed substrate jars lol with bee pollen, worm casing, brown rice flour, etc. 

Pic number 2 is the update of those little ball things, which probably are pin heads.. thanks for all of your help and here are the pictures..

Pic number 3 is of the name jar but on a different side.. sorry about the picture quality on that one, its the brown looking pin head (if thats a pin head)

--------------------

OfflineCasual Cultivator
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: Bama Shrooms
    #16545998 - 07/17/12 05:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It looks completely fine man, Mycelium takes so many different forms. I don't think that is a pin but it isn't that great of a picture either. Just wait and see man, patients is seriously the key for this hobby. Also i would recommend leaving them be. I've noticed when my jars are colonizing, the less i move the jars about the faster they colonize and the better they look. Good luck man and keep the thread updated with pics.

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Casual Cultivator]
    #16546043 - 07/17/12 05:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Agreed. I'll take my original stance and say, calm yo self little grass hoppa!

Good luck.

I know it will turn out

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Casual Cultivator]
    #16546060 - 07/17/12 05:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Casual Cultivator said:
It looks completely fine man, Mycelium takes so many different forms. I don't think that is a pin but it isn't that great of a picture either. Just wait and see man, patients is seriously the key for this hobby. Also i would recommend leaving them be. I've noticed when my jars are colonizing, the less i move the jars about the faster they colonize and the better they look. Good luck man and keep the thread updated with pics.

I do inspect them more then a fiend checking his wallet every few hours. Thanks alot guys.. For the future ill just look and don't touch.

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#16546108 - 07/17/12 05:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Totally the same way. But I have learned how to stop myself. Just have
projects always going. :cool:

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16547396 - 07/17/12 11:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ganzig said:
Totally the same way. But I have learned how to stop myself. Just have
projects always going. :cool:

Just wanted to update with better pics, and they don't seem to be completely white anymore, they look like either the color of the verm, like a weird brown, or maybe its the start of my pins? Sorry for the repetition but I am just paranoid because its my first grow, Cubensis Burma incase I forgot to mention.

I was also thinking about testing the neglect tek with 1 or 2 jars and the other 6 I want to put into an SGFC..

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16548440 - 07/18/12 08:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

bump, they're getting bigger/harder looking, should I be worried? Didn't feel like taking more pics.

--------------------

InvisibleIll-bird

Loc: Amsterdam
    #16548483 - 07/18/12 08:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You've probably ran into this problem because your using the tall half pints. If someone has already said this then sorry. Ive used the tall ones myself and never had a colonization problem but a lot of people claim it's harder for the mycelia to fully cover it. Just birth it and remove the bare substrate, fruit er

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Ill-bird]
    #16548587 - 07/18/12 09:18 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ill-bird said:
You've probably ran into this problem because your using the tall half pints. If someone has already said this then sorry. Ive used the tall ones myself and never had a colonization problem but a lot of people claim it's harder for the mycelia to fully cover it. Just birth it and remove the bare substrate, fruit er

Hey thanks, its not 100% yet and I know its not consolidated so I kind of want to wait like 4 more days atleast but if its safe to take out now, great.. But I don't think it is.. Well its been roughly 18 days from inoculation to now, and like 4 are 55% done and the other 4 are almost done.. Only because some only had 2 inoc points, whereas my better ones had 4 inoc points.

--------------------

InvisibleIll-bird

#16548717 - 07/18/12 09:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I meant the jar with pins in it. Lol if the jar is pinning is done colonizing :smile:

OfflineCrazyk187
Atom vapors
Male

Loc: Center of quantum physics
Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Ill-bird]
    #16548921 - 07/18/12 10:35 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Kinda off topic....  but the thread made me think this question.

Is it possible to leave them in there too long?

InvisibleIll-bird

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Crazyk187]
    #16548949 - 07/18/12 10:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I think so. Ive left pins in jars for a good while but I'd say after too long without fresh air they'll die

OfflineCrazyk187
Atom vapors
Male

Loc: Center of quantum physics
    #16548981 - 07/18/12 10:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yea makes since!!!  My friends moms dog has 30 jars and on day 8 some are like 60% and others  are just starting ......  so he was worried about the slow ones catching up.

InvisibleIll-bird

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Crazyk187]
    #16549130 - 07/18/12 11:14 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That dog should be fine. IME it's takes some good consolidating before invitro pins.

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16549395 - 07/18/12 12:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Is this jar even colonizing anymore?

Sometimes the substrate on the bottom of tall half-pints is too difficult to colonize so it never finishes. If it is colonizing though you can leave it to finish. The pins will look pretty squished by the time you birth it but it won't hurt anything. It's a sterile environment so even if they did die (which shouldn't happen for months until the jar completely dries out) they can't rot.

--------------------

InvisibleIll-bird

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: Kizzle]
    #16549673 - 07/18/12 01:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wow thanks for the info on that:thumbup: I had no idea u could leave invitro pins that long

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16550038 - 07/18/12 03:12 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well it is indeed finishing i check 4 times a day, deff done tomorrow like i suspected, based on the growth i kept embedded in my mind, the timing seems perfect, so 7 days from tomorrow maybe 5-6 min ill take out depending on the pins performance.

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16550581 - 07/18/12 04:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, and those are INDEED pins! so epic... the bottom isnt done but I still want to wait, after all, I did see peoples invitro pins be much bigger so I want a SOLID hold on the substrate by waiting, 3 more days max and im taking that cake out, unless I just wing it and do the neglect tek..

I am assuming that I should take out the dry verm, and dunk in water for 24 hours then put back in the jar and flip it upside down for light and fresh air exchange, and just forget about it, then harvest, dunk and roll again, etc? Or should I just not let this cake go to waste and just build a shut gun fruiting chamber... See, I dont have a drill right now but my friend does, but I get money on friday, I need to buy the humidifier and hydrometer to calculate humidity.. I don't want to screw these up, I really want to get the best experience of my life, and hopefully not the worst trip ever..

THINK POSITIVE!

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#16550732 - 07/18/12 05:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would say build the SGFC. You are now addicted to growing mushrooms.
You are going to need it for your next grows. :smile:

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16550918 - 07/18/12 06:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah totally, I am addicted to mushroom growing, and the reward from all of my dedication and from the help of you and Eagle, and some other people that posted. I wont be gone after my grow like alot of people here seem to do. I will answer peoples questions with the best of my knowledge and continue to make threads so people can see them anytime, even in the distant future. Contribution is what allowed my project to work out so I want to return the favor.. I hope that I can get like 5 flushes lol.

--------------------

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
    #16558030 - 07/20/12 01:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

1nsomnium said:
Yeah totally, I am addicted to mushroom growing, and the reward from all of my dedication and from the help of you and Eagle, and some other people that posted. I wont be gone after my grow like alot of people here seem to do. I will answer peoples questions with the best of my knowledge and continue to make threads so people can see them anytime, even in the distant future. Contribution is what allowed my project to work out so I want to return the favor.. I hope that I can get like 5 flushes lol.

I'm addicted too. It's truly an art form.

You can do bulk grows. They're honestly easier than they look. I started out with bulk and had immediate success.

Self healing lid tek
6T wbs tek
Damions Coir Tek
My One Flush Wonder Mono Tubs Using Coir Tek (Heavy With Pictures)

Read up, most of what you'd need to know is contained in these four links.

Edited by TheEaglesGift (07/20/12 01:55 AM)

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16558033 - 07/20/12 01:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I feel like a piece of crap for doing what I did, but it was just as an experiment.

Those pins sure looked yummy, I thought, hmm...lets open the jars up, they were 99% colonized, very hard substrate mycelium contam free cake with some 2 inch pins, 3 of them (which I am so pissed off I didnt even take a pic) and I ate them!! I cleaned off the dry verm barrier, rinsed in water, then dunked it in aquafina bottle water, in a bowl, with another bowl keeping it submerged, and its been maybe 4 hours..

The shrooms didnt do anything but a weird body high.. It deff was berma, and it tasted like shrooms, and smelled like shrooms... I just picked them all up and chewed em up and swallowed them... Within 40 minutes I felt a strange vibe and a body high was presented, and thats about it for now... I am so close to my first grow and I do something so stupid.. But is everything okay? God I wish I had some pics, even though to you, its nothing new, but to me...It is very new, and cool so I am just tweaking out.. Can these 2 inch pins with tiny pin heads no where near anything, looked like a marble... Could they of really made me feel like that or was that a plisebo or whatever thats called, all in my head? thanks..

--------------------

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

#16558053 - 07/20/12 01:53 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well, two pins wet weighed probably about 0.8 grams. Just guessing. That
is what you want dry for a level one trip. Don't feel bad bro!
Its all good! Just cut off that un-colonized section and put it in the dunk!

Then put er in the FC. All is good. Take more next time.

:sunny:

And remember. It is your experiment. Don't feel bad. You have many more
days to do it again and again and again.

--------------------

Edited by Ganzig (07/20/12 01:56 AM)

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Trusted Cultivator
    #16558077 - 07/20/12 01:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Don't stress. Just stop eating your children.

InvisibleGanzig
It's for the street cred
Male User Gallery

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: TheEaglesGift]
    #16558164 - 07/20/12 02:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheEaglesGift said:
Don't stress. Just stop eating your children.

Hahahahahahahahaha! :rofl2:

--------------------

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

#16558238 - 07/20/12 02:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You know, its sad, but thats how I felt after I ate them, like early, ending their potential, an abortion.. uggh... anyway, alright will do... thanks.. ill update..

--------------------

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Trusted Cultivator
    #16560490 - 07/20/12 02:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

1nsomnium said:
You know, its sad, but thats how I felt after I ate them, like early, ending their potential, an abortion.. uggh... anyway, alright will do... thanks.. ill update..

I know that's how you felt. That's why I told you to stop eating the children.

Offline1nsomnium
Stranger

Re: Little balls of fluff on 90% colonized cake (minus consolidation period) [Re: TheEaglesGift]
    #16567255 - 07/22/12 09:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So will that cake be okay? My other thread http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16567241#16567241 has pics of my shot gun fruiting chamber. I redunked that cake for another 12 hours.. I placed the cake on the jar lid instead of foil like other people.. Is that okay?

--------------------

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16568003 - 07/22/12 12:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would try to find something a bit bigger than that to set them on so you don't have little crumbs falling off the cake into the perlite.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck