Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
I'm worried about myself...
    #1654027 - 06/22/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's summertime, a time for being happy and spending time with friends.

All of my friends will be leaving in a month. Despite how much time I have to spend with them until then, I can't bring myself to even smile because I know how much I will miss all of them.

It's gotten so bad that I break down in tears from the smallest things. I was listening to my favourite band when a song came on that reminded me of one of my graduating friends; and I just started sobbing.

I have no idea what to do. I'm sorry to post such a downer, but I just feel like I won't ever be happy again.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: I'm worried about myself... [Re: LeViTY]
    #1654072 - 06/22/03 06:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Heh...

You should try living my life for a little while.  I'll tell you a bit about it--maybe it will make you feel better.  I need to get some frustration out that I've been feeling lately, so this will be good for me, too.

Well, sometime over a month ago the school year ended, and I moved back home with my dad for the summer.  I left behind a wonderful apartment, where I spent a wonderful year with my wonderful roommates and wonderful friends.  It really was a great year!

Back at home, I have no friends.  We all kind of drifted apart when we started college, and now the only friends I have live far away because I met them all at school.

I don't have a car.  I don't have a job.  I sit in my house all day long, and the highlight of my day is when I take my dog for a walk around the neighborhood.

I feel like I'm in prison.  I haven't done anything or hung out with anyone for a long time, and the social isolation gets really depressing.  If I didn't have The Shroomery, or online friends, I think I would really go insane.

Every day is filled with nothing but boredom and monotony.  At first it wasn't so bad.  I found things to keep myself distracted.  But now it's getting to the point where I am in a permanent, lousy, apathetic mood with no motivation to do anything.

This story had a good ending, though.  In a short while, I will be moving to my mom's house to live in her woods for a little over a month.  Spending time in Nature makes me feel so happy and at peace with the world, so I'm very excited!  The change will definitely do me good.

I hope that you find a way to keep yourself busy and occupied after your friends move away, Levity!  It will be tough, but you will just have to look for other ways to keep your mind happy and healthy. 

It sounds to me like you need to change your viewpoint of the situation a little bit.  If you dread it so much, and have all these negative expectations, then they are definitely going to come true.  Try to find a positive side to the situation and focus on that.  Or simply prepare yourself for when it comes so that you will already have accepted the fact that your friends are gone and be at peace with it.

I wish you luck, and I hope something I said helped rather than making you even more depressed!  I'm sure your situation will not be as bad as mine if you at least have a way to get out of the house and have some sort of social contact available to you.

Best of luck! :smile:

Peace,

RebelSteve   

--------------------
Namaste.

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
Re: I'm worried about myself... [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1654354 - 06/22/03 09:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Damn good advice Rebel !! Karma for the both of you :smile: Life go's on period.. Life sucks some and rocks some.. When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade... It's like what rebel said  ,  "  you need to change your viewpoint of the situation a little bit. If you dread it so much, and have all these negative expectations, then they are definitely going to come true. Try to find a positive side to the situation and focus on that. ".. 

Keep on Keepin On man..  Thats what we ALL gotta do..

jojoba

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being