Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMissyKoneKo
Bleh!
Female

Loc: California
I need some help, Plz!!!!!
    #16526060 - 07/13/12 02:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My doc put me on Zoloft because of mild depression, OCD, and Anxiaty, Zoloft has make me feel great, I am on 100mg, and it makes me feel happy, but I want another type of drug that I can mix with Zoloft that both drugs can make me feel more happy and euphoric, anyone knows what can I take orr make my doc put me on? Also I started cutting myself and it makes me feel very good too, like adrenaline all over my body, I just want to feel good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAwkward Bandana
Quantized
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: I need some help, Plz!!!!! [Re: MissyKoneKo]
    #16526135 - 07/13/12 03:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wooah, cutting is never okay!
I'd recommend you stop that...

--------------------
While I understand the reasoning behind stating "everything I say is a lie,"
I shall say that everything I say is truth, for I believe I am doing nothing morally wrong, and those who would punish one for partaking in the personal use of substance to alter their experience of the one life they live have a more damaged mind than any I've seen under the influence.
:shroomeryhead:

:aum:

Relax, everything is fine...

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: I need some help, Plz!!!!! [Re: Awkward Bandana]
    #16528209 - 07/13/12 10:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I hope this is a troll post. Seriously, take your pills to feel normal and happy and leave it at that. Trying to do anything else will only fuck with your mind even more.

:underage:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineMissyKoneKo
Bleh!
Female

Re: I need some help, Plz!!!!! [Re: Almond Flour]
    #16528377 - 07/13/12 11:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I was being serious tho, and yes I know I need to stick with Zoloft only but I wanna feel better, and I also know cutting is bad. sorry

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#16528504 - 07/14/12 12:17 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You say you wanna feel "better", but yet you say you feel fine on the dose your at. If you are looking to get "HIGH" then there are obviously a plethora of options available to you. But get off the Zoloft (with your doctors permission) if you want to take that path :rolleyes:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

InvisiblePsychasthenia
Stranger

Loc: Sietch Tabr
    #16528918 - 07/14/12 03:02 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:
I was being serious tho, and yes I know I need to stick with Zoloft only but I wanna feel better, and I also know cutting is bad. sorry

You weren't being serious if you opened a thread with information you knew wasn't true.  I've known dozens of cutters over the years (including myself) and pretending you're doing better than you really are never helps.  I'm not going to tell you to stop cutting because I know it's a coping skill (just a bad one) and that until you have something better to alleviate your moods it may actually be doing you some good.  Obviously the priority here is identifying what triggers are making you cut and coming up with mental strategies that will enable you to deal with these emotions before it progresses to the point you just overload and reach for the razor.  Hobbies are good, but you can only distract yourself so much.  You need to train yourself to handle these situations when they're in your face and you can't ignore them.  Has your therapist discussed any DBT classes with you?

Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:
I want another type of drug that I can mix with Zoloft that both drugs can make me feel more happy and euphoric, anyone knows what can I take orr make my doc put me on?

You do realize that any drug combo that gives you euphoria will wear off rather quickly right?  I used to be on so much Prozac (80mg) + Wellbutrin (450mg) that I constantly felt like I was stoned, walking on little cloud puffs, hallucinations and everything.  I was completely sober otherwise during this time period and my brain was still so cooked from my prescriptions I thought I could bend objects just by staring at them long enough...  It wasn't pleasurable for me and it won't be for you because your mind acclimates (tolerance) and the negative side effects with these psychotherapy medications are much greater in relation to any positive intoxication-like effects than say weed or shrooms.

--------------------
Earth gets colder every day
If scientists could have their way
They'd study us from far away
And watch as people's minds decay

Anonymous #1

#16528932 - 07/14/12 03:06 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

this isn't the place to ask for better drugs. there are people here with problems who really want help. im not sure if this is your attempt to get help, but if it isn't then i don't think you are going to get anywhere. if you want some health tips, ask, if not then i don't know what to say to you. if what you say is true then i must say, its not going to make you feel better in the long run.

OfflineMissyKoneKo
Bleh!
Female

Re: I need some help, Plz!!!!! [Re: Psychasthenia]
    #16529391 - 07/14/12 08:08 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psychasthenia said:
Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:

You weren't being serious if you opened a thread with information you knew wasn't true.  I've known dozens of cutters over the years (including myself) and pretending you're doing better than you really are never helps.  I'm not going to tell you to stop cutting because I know it's a coping skill (just a bad one) and that until you have something better to alleviate your moods it may actually be doing you some good.  Obviously the priority here is identifying what triggers are making you cut and coming up with mental strategies that will enable you to deal with these emotions before it progresses to the point you just overload and reach for the razor.  Hobbies are good, but you can only distract yourself so much.  You need to train yourself to handle these situations when they're in your face and you can't ignore them.  Has your therapist discussed any DBT classes with you?

Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:
I want another type of drug that I can mix with Zoloft that both drugs can make me feel more happy and euphoric, anyone knows what can I take orr make my doc put me on?

You do realize that any drug combo that gives you euphoria will wear off rather quickly right?  I used to be on so much Prozac (80mg) + Wellbutrin (450mg) that I constantly felt like I was stoned, walking on little cloud puffs, hallucinations and everything.  I was completely sober otherwise during this time period and my brain was still so cooked from my prescriptions I thought I could bend objects just by staring at them long enough...  It wasn't pleasurable for me and it won't be for you because your mind acclimates (tolerance) and the negative side effects with these psychotherapy medications are much greater in relation to any positive intoxication-like effects than say weed or shrooms.

I work overnights, and when I am moving fast my Zoloft makes me feel kinda high and thats when I have the need to cut myself, at my work we use box cutters and I have my own so I use the blades to cut myself, I stole some from my work too, its just weird how I want it so much, if I dont cut i feel empty, I am sorry I asked for stuff to get high, I dont use drugs tho just the Zoloft, when I was more on my younger years I did marijuana but it made me so sick (throwing up) so I never tried it again, anyway I have always been bipolar, before my doc put me on Zoloft I was mad at the world and all I thought was to end it but I really never had the guts to do it, I also thought about killing other people but of course I never did it, so I went to my doc and he put me on Zoloft, I have been feeling better but there are days when I feel so down, I dont have a therapist, I might get one if I keep having my bad habits, anyway I just wanna say sorry for asking for something I am not suppose to ask.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #16529925 - 07/14/12 11:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I was in that position 10-12 years ago (cutting included etc). My primary doc gave me an SSRI but in the end I had a good solid decade of cognitive behavioral therapy.

You need someone to talk to, and (hopefully) not pills for a crutch.

I'm a dozen years deep into a very high dose of benzos which is essentially a death sentence. Also an inevitability I'll never get off of them...

However, they were needed, and they work. They made me human again.

Your mileage may vary. Stop seeking drugs and start seeking help.

Good luck. I wish I had more I could tell you to help you.

Even if you fall on your knees you're still moving forward.

InvisiblePsychasthenia
Stranger

Loc: Sietch Tabr
    #16530857 - 07/14/12 03:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:
I work overnights, and when I am moving fast my Zoloft makes me feel kinda high and thats when I have the need to cut myself, at my work we use box cutters and I have my own so I use the blades to cut myself, I stole some from my work too, its just weird how I want it so much, if I dont cut i feel empty,

Are you sure that's not just a head rush from low blood pressure?  What exactly is triggering you?  Is it the stress of work itself, or is it the background thoughts you have in your head while you do repetitive tasks that don't fully occupy your mind?

Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:I am sorry I asked for stuff to get high, I dont use drugs tho just the Zoloft, when I was more on my younger years I did marijuana but it made me so sick (throwing up) so I never tried it again, anyway I have always been bipolar, before my doc put me on Zoloft I was mad at the world and all I thought was to end it but I really never had the guts to do it, I also thought about killing other people but of course I never did it, so I went to my doc and he put me on Zoloft, I have been feeling better but there are days when I feel so down, I dont have a therapist, I might get one if I keep having my bad habits, anyway I just wanna say sorry for asking for something I am not suppose to ask.

Is a standard internal medicine doctor prescribing this or a psychiatrist?  You really shouldn't take psychotherapeutic medications without seeing a therapist regularly.  Even psychiatrists are a joke now and just dispense medicine without really talking to the patients.  Frequently they increase a dosage or add medications when it's totally unnecessary because the patient isn't responding to treatment (that they aren't even getting!).  You need a licensed counselor of some sort that can see you frequently and talk about every day shit with.  You can also get one of the DBT workbooks from Amazon and do your own skills training.  I've had people recommend I do this for years but I'm a master procrastinator.

Have you tried any other medications before?

--------------------
Earth gets colder every day
If scientists could have their way
They'd study us from far away
And watch as people's minds decay

OfflineMissyKoneKo
Bleh!
Female

Re: I need some help, Plz!!!!! [Re: Psychasthenia]
    #16531130 - 07/14/12 04:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psychasthenia said:
Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:
I work overnights, and when I am moving fast my Zoloft makes me feel kinda high and thats when I have the need to cut myself, at my work we use box cutters and I have my own so I use the blades to cut myself, I stole some from my work too, its just weird how I want it so much, if I dont cut i feel empty,

Are you sure that's not just a head rush from low blood pressure?  What exactly is triggering you?  Is it the stress of work itself, or is it the background thoughts you have in your head while you do repetitive tasks that don't fully occupy your mind?

Quote:

MissyKoneKo said:I am sorry I asked for stuff to get high, I dont use drugs tho just the Zoloft, when I was more on my younger years I did marijuana but it made me so sick (throwing up) so I never tried it again, anyway I have always been bipolar, before my doc put me on Zoloft I was mad at the world and all I thought was to end it but I really never had the guts to do it, I also thought about killing other people but of course I never did it, so I went to my doc and he put me on Zoloft, I have been feeling better but there are days when I feel so down, I dont have a therapist, I might get one if I keep having my bad habits, anyway I just wanna say sorry for asking for something I am not suppose to ask.

Is a standard internal medicine doctor prescribing this or a psychiatrist?  You really shouldn't take psychotherapeutic medications without seeing a therapist regularly.  Even psychiatrists are a joke now and just dispense medicine without really talking to the patients.  Frequently they increase a dosage or add medications when it's totally unnecessary because the patient isn't responding to treatment (that they aren't even getting!).  You need a licensed counselor of some sort that can see you frequently and talk about every day shit with.  You can also get one of the DBT workbooks from Amazon and do your own skills training.  I've had people recommend I do this for years but I'm a master procrastinator.

Have you tried any other medications before?

My doctor put me on Zoloft, no psychiatrist, I havent even been to one, the reason why He put me on Zoloft its cause according to him I have anxety, and He said that can lead to depression, my childhood was pretty bad, Im not gonna go on details cause i will never gonna end up writting but as far as I can remember I have been angry my whole life, before the ZOloft I used to snap at people for no reason and fight with my husband alot, now its like I dont care, im numb I have no feelings, I saw a consulor about 2 years ago but it didnt help at all, She said I was a control freak and that bothered me alot, I have OCD too and I dont know how to get rid of it, I honestly have nobody to talk to cause my husband doesnt wanna hear me, He thinks I am crazy, He gets mad at me for cutting myself, but thats the only way to feel atleast something. To be honest with you I dont know if going to a psychiatrist would help, I think I am damage for life and the only way to save me if is I die.

OfflineAwkward Bandana
Quantized
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #16534728 - 07/15/12 12:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

When you feel rage, or anxiety, or depression building up in you just go outside, for a walk around the block or something. Getting fresh air can help a lot more than you'd think. I can tell you that meds aren't a definate solution to your problem. It's something you need to achknowledge that you have, find your own way to deal with it (without self-harm), and just live your life! You can't go through life letting these things get to you, because that's not much of a life at all. :peace:

--------------------
While I understand the reasoning behind stating "everything I say is a lie,"
I shall say that everything I say is truth, for I believe I am doing nothing morally wrong, and those who would punish one for partaking in the personal use of substance to alter their experience of the one life they live have a more damaged mind than any I've seen under the influence.
:shroomeryhead:

:aum:

Relax, everything is fine...

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #16537237 - 07/15/12 10:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

try a social worker or psychiatrist, an outsider looking in who will not judge you can be more helpful than you think

its also a work in progress, one visit wont fix everything, personally i would see someone like that instead of dumping money to a doctor who just feeds you pills that basically make you a zombie and not give a shit about anything or anyone including your self

if your chasing a high, you need to seek more help

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale