Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblevitamink
This weathersucks
Loc: Steers and Queers
Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? * 1
    #1653061 - 06/22/03 03:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well my pet has been keeping the shrooms that turn a dark blue/black at the base when clipped from the cake. from experience, he has come to the conclusion that the stems that turn a dark blue within 10-20 seconds are the most potent shrooms of the batch. is the time it takes for the stems to turn blue a good way of measuring the potency of a shroom?

also, keeping in mind that a very light, tan colored shroom can tend to be sterile, i.e. not dropping any spores, would that also mean that they are of a very low potency? my pet has just been throwing way the very small amount of sterile shrooms and the ones that are not turning blue whatsoever.

thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: vitamink] * 1
    #1653065 - 06/22/03 03:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think you are wasting mushrooms...

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineAmanita_Dreamer
Rotting HumanCorpse

Loc: The 666th Plane of HELL
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: ATWAR] * 1
    #1653082 - 06/22/03 04:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ATWAR said:
I think you are wasting mushrooms...

.....EXACTLY!!!!Shrooms don't always have to turn blue to contain psilocibin and my iguana has found that color of the cap has no bering on fertility of spores.IMHO

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: Amanita_Dreamer] * 1
    #1653087 - 06/22/03 04:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How did you come to these conclusions vitamin?

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblevitamink
This weathersucks
Loc: Steers and Queers
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: hawksapprentice] * 1
    #1653408 - 06/22/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
How did you come to these conclusions vitamin?

from eating them. but maybe the trips were inconsistant.

besides, the shrooms thought to be low in potency have only been set aside, not thrown completely away.

so is there no real way to know the potency of a shroom until you eat them?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: vitamink] * 1
    #1653441 - 06/22/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think eating them is a good measure because there are so many other fators involved in the quality/quantity of a trip.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineChumbler
Ultra-Newbie
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: HagbardCeline] * 1
    #1654071 - 06/22/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The "blue test" makes sense. A shroom with a high concentration of psilocybin/psilocin would turn a more intense blue faster than a shroom of lesser concentration, wouldn't it?

But there's some variables...Is the magic distributed evenly throughout the mushroom body? Are caps more magical than stems? Is there other things going on in the reaction we don't know about? I don't know...

I agree with HagbardCeline on the trip assessment though...definitely hard to tell just by tripping. Maybe if you had some lab equipment or somethin.

Either way, I'd keep everything that grows! lol. If you were lookin for a consistent batch of shrooms, you could dry them all and grind them up.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: Chumbler] * 1
    #1654218 - 06/22/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Concentration of psilocybin/psilocin is only one factor that determines blueing. Some may just be more resistant to oxidation.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
Re: Blueness = high potency? sterile shrooms = no potency? [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 1
    #1654285 - 06/22/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Stems are as good as caps.. caps are as good as stems.. my cat has tripped nuts off of just stems....  :smile:

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate