Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Ayahuasca
    #1652834 - 06/22/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Okay i tried posting something like this in another forum for ethnobotanicals without a whole lot of success, mayb eyou guys can help me out a little bit. Im reading this book by Terence McKenna, 'True Hallucinations'. In it he smokes Ayahuasa i.e. Banisteriopsis caapi to enhance the effects of tryptamines from mushrooms. I was just curious if anyone had some first hand experience with this. And if they smoked the roots or the bark of the vine. Also, has anyoe smoked salvia while on mushies?

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Edited by hawksapprentice (06/22/03 01:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVats of Blood
Dude, what the heck??
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #1652874 - 06/22/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i dont know if there are shroom/ayahuasca trip reports on erowid, but i know that there are some shroom/salvia ones.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Mushrooms_Combinations.shtml

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #1652889 - 06/22/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I know that it works, I mean if Terence McKenna says it does and you cant trust someone like that then who can you trust. But some live feed back would be kool.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1652956 - 06/22/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have no first hand experience, but I would imagine the synergy would be very amazing. Ayahuasca's main active ingredient, is of course, DMT, and D. M. Turner wrote a bit about a combination of mushrooms, Syrian rue, DMT, nitrous oxide, AND ketamine (!!!!!!!!!!).

Check out: http://www.lavondyss.com/donut/guide/combinations.html

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: Vats of Blood]
    #1653000 - 06/22/03 02:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: Xibalba]
    #1653004 - 06/22/03 02:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

AFAIK it somewhat works, but you'd be better off extracting the Harmine/ Harmaline and smoking that, or just cooking up some tea the traditional way. inhaling burning wood smooke is not too fun.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#1653037 - 06/22/03 03:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ketamine is a horrible drug i wouldnt suggest it to anybody....nasty shit. Id prolly smoke it through a water bubbler if i was to actually do it. Of course i wouldnt do it though i mean eating mushies is illegal anyways. lol. Any good links on how to exctract?

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #1653626 - 06/22/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Xibalba said:
AFAIK it somewhat works, but you'd be better off extracting the Harmine/ Harmaline and smoking that, or just cooking up some tea the traditional way. inhaling burning wood smooke is not too fun.

Xibalba hits the nail on the head! Or make a crude extract of Syrian Rue with boiling water and lemon juice, boil it down and you have some MAOI  hash . This can be smoked on your next mushroom tryp for wow effects :wink:
I think McKenna referred to it as 'vegetable TV', heh, very cool fitting name.

Have fun

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #1653646 - 06/22/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: DailyPot]
    #1654778 - 06/22/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

a friend of mine was tripping on an eighth of mushrooms and took gravity bong rips of some b. caapi that we had got our hands on. it definitly had a pretty strong effect...he said psychofluid kept coming out his eyes. good stuff

oh yea...and it does taste like shit. like smoking woodchips.

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca [Re: dpc2424]
    #1655218 - 06/23/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, thats exactly what McKenna is talking about in this book. Lots of Pyschoactive material being, well materialized, or in other words opening up your sight into another deminsion in which this transdemensional (dont think i spelled that right) fluid exists. I dunno, I think sex on this stuff is gonna be interesting

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1655615 - 06/23/03 06:13 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

smoking caapi leaf will work... & shredded vine... & even smokin' syrian rue seeds...
but it is sorta rough on your lungs...
and it is awfully easy to extract usable stuff from the seeds or the vine...
tea (with a bit of citrus juice or vinegar added to the water) is quick & easy...
a crude crystal extract from rueseeed or caapivine is not all that difficult (hot vinegar extraction, add salt & chill; the solid ppt is harmine/hamaline/THH HCl salts); redissolving the solids salts in fresh warm water & adding (unscented nonsudsing) laundry ammonia will cause the freebase alkaloids to ppt out; when these are dried, they are very easily smoked, and ~40 mg smoked (i have heard that it tasted quite, ummmm, funky...) is enough to substantially synergize/boost/alter/mellowspace/hypercharge (?!?!) almost any tryptamine/ergoline/phenethylamine type trip...
(legal note: purified harmala alkaloids are a no-no in canada...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca [Re: gnrm23]
    #1655628 - 06/23/03 06:28 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone know if Caapi is legal in the states?

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #1655744 - 06/23/03 07:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Very.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1655931 - 06/23/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How can I extract freebase 5meo-dmt from Mimosa Hostilis?

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1655958 - 06/23/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Mimosa hostilis rootbark contains primarily n,n-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), and not 5MeO-DMT...
A/B phase extraction is the commonest method...

--------------------
not old enough to care

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Ayahuasca [Re: gnrm23]
    #1656037 - 06/23/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

and what is A/B phase extraction ?
Do you have a link to referance, or could you please pm me, if you cannot post it.
thx,
Jazz

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#1656185 - 06/23/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Of course this is all speculation, none of us would actually think about doing anything this crazy would we.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1657245 - 06/23/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OK, i agree! So do I now get a Tek? Please! :wink:

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #1657966 - 06/24/03 06:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

www.dmt.lycaeum.org
soak shredded bark in dilute acid solution, pH 2-4 (vinegar, or dil. hydrochloric acid, whatever)...
filter...
add dilute basic solution (sodium hydroxide & water, or ammonia, whatever) & organic solvent (naphtha, toluene, ligoine, dichloromethane, xylene, ether, whatever) & swirl gently for a while...
collect organic solvent layer & evaporate off solvent; freebase alkaloid remains...
~
that's pretty much it...
there are "optional" steps, such as: defatting, backwashing, heating, cooling, salting, settling & decanting, etc...
~
it works because acid salts of alkaloids tend to be water soluble, while the freebase forms tend to be soluble in organic solvents; by manipulating the pH of the solution, you can cause the desired alkaloid(s) to migrate into the appropriate layers & isolate them...
~
okay?

--------------------
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract