Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
SHIT, will I have to start over???
    #1650281 - 06/21/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ok so I justed PCed my jars, which contained verm/BRF and I guess my PC ran out of water and the VERY BOTTOM of my substrate looks a little burnt...not black or anything but brownish...some are little worse than others....shit...does this mean I have to start over? I need your advice on this one guys...grrr....this sucks...

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: SHIT, will I have to start over??? [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1650309 - 06/21/03 03:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I say try it anyway, I bet the mycelium will still colonize it, unless they are really burnt. You may have cooked the nutrients, but it will still grow there looking for food and water. If there is any water left that is.....

I did it with burnt popcorn, and I had the bottom half inch or so turned to charcoal. But, I could shake it up so it was dispersed. I did this shortly after reading Moe?s post on fruiting from a burnt cake and I had nothing to lose.

Your only concern is dry jars really.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineAmanita_Dreamer
Rotting HumanCorpse

Loc: The 666th Plane of HELL
    #1650334 - 06/21/03 04:01 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Like ATWAR said what have you got to lose?? My iguana does the same thing once in a while. As long as there is enough moiture in the jar it WILL colonize it. The mycellium will just take a little longer to colonize those really burnt spots because those spots will be very dense.They usually look a little more yellow due to the intense cooking you just put it through.

Good Luck!!

--------------------

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: SHIT, will I have to start over??? [Re: Amanita_Dreamer]
    #1651997 - 06/21/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well you may be right...but I have alot to lose...8 jars!!! I'm not taking the chance so I made more substrate and am redoing the whole process....I don't want to take anything to chance....I want success. But thanx for your input guys.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
    #1652057 - 06/21/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I say, stick to prev. posts if u use jars made of glass... But if u use polyprophylene plastic jars , the redoing process is worth!.... (with new jars ofcourse...)

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: SHIT, will I have to start over??? [Re: ph_plus]
    #1652472 - 06/21/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well I just finished PCing 12 new jars...this time only for 40 minutes at 15PSI....everything went fine...they are cooling now. No burn marks.

They should be sterilized right? I mean even if I only PCed them for 40 minutes at 15PSI??? What do ya think?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1652497 - 06/21/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that "should" be fine , hell I boiled four jars and got 100% success ! , and the time I used a presure cooker I cooked 8 jars and all were contamed or fucked up in some other way.

I am not saying boiling is better as EVERYONE will say I am wrong I am just saying it works and you "can" do it , with that in mind your jars should be fine if I remember corectly they should be done at 15psi for about 30 minutes some guides say one hour

anyway , your good to go!

GOOD LUCK!!! I remember the feeling I got when I first saw that I was getting pins and then full mushrooms! what a feeling of excitement, and the coolest thing is I grew Koh Saumi , which I found out later is a island (still part of thailand) and that there, Koh Saumi , they still to this day pick this mushroom every month on the full moon and I though that was so cool, days passed and when I went outside the first time I was tripping on my own homegrowns I saw the moon HAPPENED TO BE ...........FULL!!.......very trippy indeed, feelings of the people on the island thai chatter etc , visuals that made me think "asian" , not that I know for sure but some of the voices I heard WERE asain,TRIPPY!!!!

--------------------

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: SHIT, will I have to start over??? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1652525 - 06/21/03 11:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Trippy Mushrooms?...wow there are mushrooms that make you trip!  Damn I guess those edible ones I ordered are going to be such a waste!!!  Damn, if only I knew... :wink: heh heh

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates