Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
tautologically speaking
    #1651630 - 06/21/03 07:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

if something exists, does that not prove its existance? meaning: when something exists, it is a product of the universe, and thusly its existance is justified?

consequently, arent all experiences and thoughts equal in the fact that they exist? and should we not learn to accept everything as an extension of reality, rather than trying to negate something by seperating it from the desirable and labelling it to be "wrong"?

this is my interpretation of the dao. It is of course, functional from a universal perspective, but problematic when one switches from a telescope to a microscopial perspective.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: tautologically speaking [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1651632 - 06/21/03 07:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

my point being, there is no such thing as "natural", there is no constant, all that exists...is what exists, all that is natural----is what is. you dig?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: tautologically speaking [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1651643 - 06/21/03 07:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting view... If everything were desirable, with no man-made boundaries such as right/wrong... What kind of problems do you think would arise if humans functioned this way?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: tautologically speaking [Re: Adamist]
    #1651728 - 06/21/03 07:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You can't create good without creating bad.

That which exists is that which exists.

Things just are.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: tautologically speaking [Re: Revelation]
    #1652097 - 06/21/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well, good and evil seems to be a good arena to discuss your point. I also happen to have a taoist story off hand I can bust out that may tickle your fancy:

So there's this guy, he's rich and wealthy and smart and hip and cool and stuff. He's hanging out at his house when there's a knock at the door. A beautiful woman has come to visit. He asks her who she is and she responds "I am the goddess of good fortune. I bring luck to the unhappy, I heal the diseased, I can put your arm back on (play safe kids), I bring riches to the poor blah blah blah you get the point."

The guy's like "Hey, come on in, baby!" and he gives her the honored seat in his home. Not long afterwards another knock comes at the door. This time a bent old woman dressed in rags is in the doorway. The owner of the house rudely demanded her reason for calling. She says "I am the dark lady. I bring filth and pestilence. Where I walk the rich lose their fortunes, the healthy become leperous blah blah blah."

The owner grabs a stick and is about to drive the woman off when the goddess of good fortune stops him "If you honour me you must also honour her. Wherever I go she follows.. inseparable as a shadow from a body." The owner was smart and understood immediately so he sent both the women away.

So apparently this is the way wise taoists live. Somehow they trancend good and evil while simultaneously accepting it within themselves. whatevs this makes my head hurt.

So a few days ago I'm way out in the middle of nowhere driving along in the mountains on a logging road and a wolverine is on the road. He was indecisive.. he ran away first, then he stopped and turned around ready to kill the truck ("There are the eyes, where's the throat?") but then thought "nah" and ran away. Wolverines are the most powerful carnivore on the planet pound for pound. It was a pretty cool once in a lifetime thing. Party on.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology