Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Very small casing with one 1/2 pint BRF cake. Useless?
    #1651501 - 06/21/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey,

Someone recently made his first casing using 2 cakes and coco coir tek and lost it to cobweb. He's so afraid of losing another 2 cakes that he bought some small foil containers that are about 9 inches X 6 inches.

Since he's still in the learning process of casing, he was wondering if it's ok to case in such a small container using only one fully colonized BRF cake. He knows it's probably too small to get big yields but thinks that it will still be better than straight cake fruiting.

Does very small casings work?

thanks.

.fs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Very small casing with one 1/2 pint BRF cake. Useless? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1651539 - 06/21/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It would work and would be so adorable I'm sure. I've never seen one that small.

If you haven't already birthed the cake, you could still do a grain to grain transfer.

In a clean working area, make up some new BRF jars. Sterilize a spoon. Scoop out some clean mycelium into the new BRF jars. No need to wait for spores and colonization is faster.

Good luck with the baby cake if you decide to go that route.

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Very small casing with one 1/2 pint BRF cake. Useless? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1651540 - 06/21/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, smaller casings work but they tend to produce smaller fruits. Here's a 1/4 pint of birdseed that my friend fruited just to see what would happen.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Re: Very small casing with one 1/2 pint BRF cake. Useless? [Re: dog]
    #1651580 - 06/21/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Good, I have something like 4 or 5 cakes ready to fruits. I didn't know I could simply scrape some mycellium and innoculate grains.  I'll do that tomorow since I now have some popcorn soaking for the next 23 hours :smile:.

Thanks for the tips..

.fs.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

#1651644 - 06/21/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have a question for you Ainasko.

When you scrape some mycellium and drop it in the popcorn jar, do you need a lot, like one full teaspoon or just a little bit?

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#1651672 - 06/21/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i have done some small casing that work very well i use them little tin foil pans about same size 1" verm wet on the bottom crumble half of a 1/2 pint cake case with 1/4" of 50/50+ and get about 80 wet grams from each thats about 160 wet grams from a single flush on 1/2 pint twice as much as if you fruited the whole cake and get 3 flushes

--------------------

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1651674 - 06/21/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A little bit will work. A little more will work faster.

I can't stress enough that your work area must be absolutely clean if you are attempting a grain to grain transer.

Do it in a small room. Spray it well with Lysol first. If there are fans or AC vents, turn them off while working. Work quickly.

Good luck to you!

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
    #1651707 - 06/21/03 05:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I guess it depends on the volume of the jar..... One full teaspoon of fresh mycellium is enough for an half pint jar to fully colonize aproximately in 10 days. But if you want faster colonisation or if you are going to use bigger jars, it's better to increase the amount of fresh mycellium used to innoculate the grain jar!.... I know your question was for Ainasko, but i have been away for a while (because FUGU has moved to my house and formatted my comp. a couple of times to install a network between our comp.s...;) And at last my technical service solved the problem:)) and i'm really exited to be back.....::))

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Very small casing with one 1/2 pint BRF cake. Useless? [Re: Ainasko]
    #1651725 - 06/21/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Work quickly

This is the most important step when doing an open air transfer. You should also wear some type of dust mask, or something to keep you from breathing on your sterile jars. Not only does your work room need to be clean, but you should be also.

Small casings work fine.

That is one half pint of popcorn spawned to even less dung. It has so far produced 3 flushes, this picture being the 3rd. Strain is PESH.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate