Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Calcium Chloride, Dessicant, Peat, Reagent Testing Kit, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsilofan
Question Sleep

Loc: Halls Of Valhalla, 3rd Do...
Extraction, from what I understand...
    #1651453 - 06/21/03 05:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I know there has been many posts on this subject and I have read all that I could find.
Here is my current setup.
PF-Tek Cakes innoculated with Golden Teacher Spores.
Cased with a premixxed "seed starter" (Peat Moss, Vermiculite, Pearlite) which by the way
fully Colonizes almost overnight when a chopped up cake is introduced...fruiting begins approx
a week later.Im goin to harvest 5 ounces of fruit and dry them in "damp-rid" chamber.
(painters dessicant that ive used before -very good-)
Once they are cracker dry im going to pulverize them with a marble pestle&mortar set.
Im going to soak the powder in 190 Proof Everclear(95% alchol by volume (not recommended for consumption!))
for 24 hours and then filter through a pollen/and dust rated facemask. Then ? Heat is bad I hear, Heat is Good
I hear. So im goin to not use heat just in case,and after I evaporate this solution I should be left with psilocibin crystals(enough to dose 2 people pretty nicely). This is basically what I am to understand after much research in these forums.
Could some of you chemists and experienced others tell me if I am correct here?

--------------------
"There is no such thing as death, and life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourselves."
-Hicks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Extraction, from what I understand... [Re: psilofan]
    #1651831 - 06/21/03 08:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If you are going to use everclear I wouldn't use heat if you have the time to let it sit for 24 hrs for 2 extractions. Be sure to shake occationaly while letting it sit in the evercear, and make sure it's air-tight.

A metal coffee filter works better than a dust mask, but if you use a dust mask prolly wash it with some more everclear at the end to get rid of stuff that's stuck in it. Evaporate in a large shallow dish from which you can scrape the stuff off.

Morter + Pestel works great for dried shrooms; push + move the thing in circles around the whole mortar (or is that the pestel?)

You'll prolly lose some so maybe 5 grams isn't enough for 2 people, but that's up to you.

Just my opinion (and experience.)

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Edited by micro (06/21/03 08:34 PM)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Extraction, from what I understand... [Re: micro]
    #1652630 - 06/22/03 02:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah and also you can extract the psilocybin (magic mushroom active ingredient)from the mycelium.A very good mothod is using acids such as Vinegar or I like the idea of lemon juice from extract.If you like you can add vitamin C crystals to strenthen the acid.Soak the mycelium then filter (using a coffee filter) You can just drink the lemon juice as lemonade for a nice psychoactive drink or you can make a more potent mixture by adding bits of baking soda the the liquid until you see a white powder precipitating out and settling to the bottom.Separate the liquid from the white powder and you have pure psilocybin.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinepsilofan
Question Sleep

Loc: Halls Of Valhalla, 3rd Do...
Re: Extraction, from what I understand... [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1653154 - 06/22/03 09:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Im going to dry 5 ounces (143grams) of fresh fruit...
Water weight accounts for 90% of the fruits weight correct?
So that should leave me 14 grams of dried fruit approx?
From numerous attempts ive found that the strains I use require
2 fresh ounces eaten to aquire the desired effect.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as death, and life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourselves."
-Hicks

OfflineGrow_Chem
Stranger
    #1657988 - 06/24/03 09:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

psilophan,

A big thing to remember upon trying an extraction is to COMPLETELY dry the mushrooms. When I say "completely" dry, I mean rock hard. The best way to accomplish this is one of the following:

A) Dry the mushrooms to a slightly less pliable consistancy via room temp. air (with a fan makes occur faster). Then use a desecant to remove the rest of the water. A great desacant as most on the boards know is Calcium Chloride (Damp-Rid in you're local hardware store)

B) Dry the mushrooms to a slightly less pliable consistancy via room temp. air (with a fan makes occur faster). Then using a heat lamp (from a well known big orange store) or infra-red heat lamp remove the rest of the water to obtain rock hard dried mushrooms.

Yield most likely depends on the drieness and granularity of the powder so make sure they snap when bent and are crushed up very good!

Later,
Grow Chem

Offlinemetaophion
stranger thanstrange
Loc: Seminyak, Bali - Indonesi...
Re: Extraction, from what I understand... [Re: Grow_Chem]
    #1658795 - 06/24/03 05:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The best method AFOAF found was using Methyl Alcohol, which actually produced a brownish-tan crystal and tested highly positive for indole type alkaloids using Keller's Reagent. Estimated purity is above 60% with Methyl Alcohol, plus when using Methanol you can boil it off using lowered pressures at a really low temperature (*if you have access or money for lab equipment) or just evap. it off (it evaporates REALLY FAST), everclear worked for MF'sF and tested positive but took more undesireables out and did not crystalize but rather created a sludge. MF'sF does not know about an acid extraction, but AFOAF does know that Indole Alkaloids are 100% soluble in Methanol. Methanol is very cheap - and can be ordered or bought locally in most places.

--------------------

OfflineQuick Blaze
Messenger

Loc: On My Way
    #1662745 - 06/25/03 10:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

soak the powder in 190 Proof Everclear(95% alchol by volume

where did you get the alcohol?.

--------------------
"Life is one BIG road with Lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't you complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality "

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Extraction, from what I understand... [Re: Quick Blaze]
    #1662918 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

most liquor stores sell " everclear" which is what he was talking about, 24$ a bottle,

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Extraction, from what I understand... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1663030 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Methanol (Methyl Alcohol)

99.95%

5 gallons

$50

http://www.hiperfuels.com

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Calcium Chloride, Dessicant, Peat, Reagent Testing Kit, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology