Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
So I got a free SOUTH AFRICAN TRANSKEI
    #1650800 - 06/21/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Can anyone tell me about this strain?  How is it to grow?  I will be using the PF-tek method.  Also, does anyone know what the trip is like? 

-ShadeGirl 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: So I got a free SOUTH AFRICAN TRANSKEI [Re: MOTH]
    #1650805 - 06/21/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

South Africa. Psilocybe mushrooms are thought to be almost non existent in South Africa. The last known species being the p.s. Natalensis has not been collected in many years. This past year some friends of ours discovered some psilocybes growing on the coast about 200 miles south of Durban, South Africa. They were growing under shady trees in cow pastures soaking up the ocean breeze. At first they did not think they were cubensis because they could not believe their eyes. Sure enough the mushrooms stained blue and later were grown out and showed to be cubensis. Of course our friends in South Africa wanted to share them with the world and a lof of effort has gone in to bringing these spores to the forefront. This is the only known psilocybe mushroom in circulation from South Africa!!

Its pretty early in the game for these so we dont have a lot to report yet. They are fast colonizers and very agressive mycelium. They do tend to develop a little overlay but eventually pin and fruit anyway. They do not produce large fruits but are very abundant fruiters giving off nice yields for a small amount of grain substrate. No telling how these will change over time as they become more domesticated. Our friend says the potency is very nice for a cubensis and is quite pleased with these South Africa gems. They tend to resist contamination well, especially green mold (trichoderma). Making these a real nice choice for beginning researchers or people having problems with contamination. A lot more to develop on these so stay tuned. Currently the spores we have are from 2nd generation mushrooms, so they are rather untamed. We usually dont release strains before they are domesticated, so we only have a limited amount of these 2nd generation spores of this strain. We look forward to your feedback of the South Africa cubies and we do hope you enjoy as much as our friends in South Africa wanted to bring them to you :smile:
Update: We have been getting a lot of reports back from people outside the U.S growing this one and saying they are extremely fast colonizers and resist contamination very well.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: So I got a free SOUTH AFRICAN TRANSKEI [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1650830 - 06/21/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey thanks alot!  I look forward to growing these!  :smile: 

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1650950 - 06/21/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hell yes...check out some of joshuas grow logs on the SA strain..fucking amazing....this is number 1 on my grow list but first i gotta get these eqs and mazzies out of the way

Offlinebullettoothtony
reality_skewed

Re: So I got a free SOUTH AFRICAN TRANSKEI [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1651399 - 06/21/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ok...so hypothetically of course....if I had a choice between growing B+ or these africans, what would be better for an inexperienced grower?

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1651503 - 06/21/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've just finished a flush of Transkei, things of note include very aggressive colonization. Mycelium overtook the casing heavily. Caps have a pale/white circumference.

I haven't tripped off them, but someone once said they now know why the Africans run around with bones in their noses!

:laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: So I got a free SOUTH AFRICAN TRANSKEI [Re: Jackal]
    #1651581 - 06/21/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you do trip off them, let us know how it goes! :wink:  I know I'm interested. 

OfflineSoop
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: So I got a free SOUTH AFRICAN TRANSKEI [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #25093955 - 03/27/18 08:28 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Where could one find spores or prints to study?

OfflineOaty
Stranger
Re: So I got a free SOUTH AFRICAN TRANSKEI [Re: Soop]
    #25093974 - 03/27/18 08:40 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Check out the sponsers or your favourite search engine
Microscopy only

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds