Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

Loc: Your computer screen
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: xoc]
    #16407721 - 06/20/12 06:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've still yet to try out the batch that I fucked up.  Just haven't had the time for the past few weeks.  I was thinking about drinking some for a concert I'm going to in a week, but it might not be the best idea since I'm uncertain how potent it is yet.  I'll post back whenever I get around to trying it out.

--------------------
No knowledge can be certain, if it is not based
upon mathematics or upon some other knowledge
which is itself based upon the mathematical
sciences.
  -Leonardo da Vinci (1425-1519)

Speak well of your enemies.  After all, you made them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexoc
Stranger

Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: pothead_bob]
    #16413523 - 06/21/12 09:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Offlineherbalhindsight
Stranger
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: xoc]
    #16475204 - 07/03/12 01:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone, My monkey butler has just signed up on this forum but have he has visited it on and off over the years but only ever tried an A/B mesc tek.  He has just attempted this mushroom/ethanol tek using 95% ethanol he distilled myself using fractional distillation.

:thumbup::tongue2:
He used a small portable electric stove top and a saucepan of water with a medium sized pyrex dish containing 69grams of dried p.subaeringinosa and used 1.5litres of 95% ethanol.  The solution in the pyrex dish never actually appeared to boil but occasionally displayed a random blob now and then... He constantly stirred it the whole time and approximately heated it for 40-60mins.
:mushroom2:
My monkey butler doesn't own a camera at the moment otherwise he would have taken pics of each step.

He doesn't have a method of testing the temperature he was boiling at but on the temp knob was 1-5 > max, he had it on max.  The water was only 'just' bubbling and the pyrex dish took around 40 mins before it got too hot for my monkey butler to put his finger in the solution.  [usually around 55-60 degrees [celsius]]  Caveman methods I know but what's a guy gonna do but let his monkey butler try!

So... he repeated the above steps after using 2 coffee filters to strain, three more times.

He was left with approx 500ml of liquid in the final product.  He mixed the batches together and put it in the freezer where it has been for 4 days now. 
:smirk:
He keeps shaking it for agitation and now he has what looks like a yellowish sediment... I would love to say crystals but I took a look using a small cheap but effective 48x microscope and saw no crystalline structure which I have seen when my monkey butler has done the a/b mesc tek... perhaps that is because it's still soaked in ethanol, please enlighten me if that is the case as my monkey butler is new to all this and he won't take no for an answer so I want him to do it right! It seems too simple to be pure 'magic' so to speak!

What would people suggest my monkey butler do with the 500ml ethanol which contains 69grams of [filtered] dried fungus?:confused:

Reduce and store in eye dropper bottles? [My monkey butler has a box of 40 they hold approx 12ml]  or reduce completely to a goo?

My monkey butler was hoping to extract the goods and do 2 things...
1. Store in caps for easy dosage and storage
2. Mix into truffles or chocolate for a novelty approach and potential synergistic effect with the chocolate alkaloids!
:tongue::heart::blush::shocked::crazy2::smirk::cool:

What do people suggest and how much should he reduce it down to if that's the right approach to take?

Some people would think this is a waste but I'd really love for my monkey butler to perfect long term stable storage.  This gift of nature has been a true guide through my monkey butler's life over the past 12 years and he is kind of over eating the little gifts or drinking the thick putrid tasting tea.
He use to love them but it's a texture thing...

Season has only just started and he is well experienced in finding new spots as well as returning to old ones.  Averaging 500-1000 each field trip, leaving at least twice that behind!
:mushroom2::cool:
My monkey butler recently distilled 8 litres of 95% ethanol [cost him around $40AUD] so have plenty to play with. 

This is the best chance my monkey butler has had to attempt these extractions so encouragement and any secret knowledge is welcome!
:thumbup:
I'd especially like to know how to get my monkey butler to wash my dishes... I mean he will happily do this sort of house 'work' but never the cleaning.

:crazy2:

OfflineMullac
Stranger

Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: herbalhindsight]
    #16488933 - 07/06/12 06:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone know whether it's crucial for the mushrooms to be completely cracker dried before added to the alcohol? Would any moisture in the mushrooms somehow destroy/oxidise the psilosybin?

Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: Mullac]
    #16494115 - 07/07/12 07:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I tried the fucked up batch last week at a concert. Now, unfortunately it wasn't the only thing I had, so I didn't get the best read on it's effects. But I took 3/4 of an eighth equivalent. My buddy did too. We took on an empty stomach. It started kicking in after about 30 min I'd say. There was no awkward comeup like there normally is for me and no intestinal discomfort the whole night. It was definitely milder than it would be otherwise if not in extract form. But it was good for the concert because often times they can make me antisocial and introverted. I did, however, feel like a $100 bill for a good 2 hours. And both me and my buddy were very chatty the whole time.  No visuals at alll and I never felt like I was in a different dimension.  Remember, though, that 1) I messed up the extraction process and 2) the ingredients were about two years old to start with.  It's definitely worth a shot to try this out and I'm looking forward to doing it again and making the extraction again the right way and with better ingredients.

--------------------
sciences.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #16494118 - 07/07/12 07:54 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You might consider getting a Buchner funnel for the next batch.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineUngrateful Unicorn
Stranger

Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: herbalhindsight] * 1
    #16505007 - 07/09/12 05:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

herbalhindsight said:
He has just attempted this mushroom/ethanol tek using 95% ethanol he distilled myself using fractional distillation.

:crazy2:

Busted

OfflineUngrateful Unicorn
Stranger

Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: Ungrateful Unicorn]
    #16505040 - 07/09/12 05:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

How long should a properly prepared extract store for in a freezer?

I am looking for a way to securely hold on to a bumper crop without having to keep 3 oz of dried shrooms in mason jars in my closet. I was hoping to be able to extract and preserve the shrooms in a bottle of nice vodka at a 2 grams/fluid ounce ratio.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #16505053 - 07/09/12 05:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, a year or more.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: Doc_T]
    #16522975 - 07/12/12 10:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ungrateful Unicorn said:
How long should a properly prepared extract store for in a freezer?

I am looking for a way to securely hold on to a bumper crop without having to keep 3 oz of dried shrooms in mason jars in my closet. I was hoping to be able to extract and preserve the shrooms in a bottle of nice vodka at a 2 grams/fluid ounce ratio.

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Oh, a year or more.

Should stay viable for many many years. Psilocybin / Psilocin will remain stable for a long time when stored in alcohol.

Offlineherbalhindsight
Stranger
    #16529814 - 07/14/12 10:40 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:mushroom2:

sorry about that... my monkey butler typed this out for me, clearly HE didn't edit the post properly before sending.

:rolleyes:

Offlinevelvetmagician
Brewer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: herbalhindsight]
    #17729244 - 02/01/13 09:28 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Any news on this lately??

--------------------
Q: How many Micheal Jackson's does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: NONE, he screws kids!

InvisibleWillSolvem
Odd-Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Chapter 26 Flag
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: velvetmagician]
    #17732629 - 02/02/13 01:19 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------

AMU Q&A Thread because questions deserve answers.

Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: Doc_T]
    #19666672 - 03/08/14 08:03 AM (10 years, 23 days ago)

Damn, has it been two years already?  Well, I finally picked up a soxhlet extractor after all this time and I'm going to give this a shot again.  I have the equipment to do the extraction, but not a fractional distillation.  If you're still around, Doc_T, is the fractional distillation a necessary step in preparing the juice?  Is that step just to further concentrate the extract?

--------------------
sciences.

InvisibleWillSolvem
Odd-Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Chapter 26 Flag
    #19671093 - 03/09/14 10:13 AM (10 years, 22 days ago)

@pothead_bob what two solvents are you trying to separate with fractional distillation? The water content from the ethanol? If so just dry the ethanol before using it to extract

@impulze a soxlet is completely overkill for alcohol extractions, sorry but you wasted some money there. Psilocybin is readily soluble in aqueous ethanol, it's like using a soxlet extractor to make coffee, just overkill.

Here's a Tek on making candy from your extracts:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19467376

--------------------

AMU Q&A Thread because questions deserve answers.

Edited by WillSolvem (03/09/14 12:58 PM)

InvisibleButtsnot
Stranger

Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: WillSolvem]
    #20723417 - 10/19/14 08:45 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Lol you guys are overthinking this wayy too much.

All you really need to do if you're just looking to trip is grind up your shrooms, soak them in 2-4oz of high proof liquor of your choice for 1 hour, strain it through a filter and squeeze out all the alcohol from the pulp and you're set.

I find the trip is a loot smoother, little more giggly and faster come up with less anxiety this method. I prefer this over the lemon tek.

--------------------

OfflineTrotter
Just a Newb
Male

Loc: Colorful Colorado
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: Buttsnot]
    #24546074 - 08/11/17 12:58 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Buttsnot said:
Lol you guys are overthinking this wayy too much.

The tek you are talking about will not extract near as much as if they followed the above tech. Its more work but you end up with a much better end product.

Offlinekapps
Stranger
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: kingfish4200]
    #25051160 - 03/09/18 06:07 AM (6 years, 21 days ago)

I don't quite understand one thing. According to Shulgin psilocybin is almost insoluble in ethanol:

"This alkaloid is reasonably soluble in boiling water from which it can be nicely crystallized. It is less soluble in boiling methanol, and almost insoluble in boiling ethanol."

If one now uses a Soxhlet extractor with let's say 96% ethanol, why does it work so well according to some people here? Do the 4% water do the extraction? What is the optimal ethanol content then? Why is Shuling also saying, that ethanol is very efficient and one should use as less water as possible?

"And the extraction efficiency is optimum with methanol and almost as good with ethanol. With both, the less water present, the better."

This sounds contradictory to me. On the one hand he is saying that psilocybin is best soluble in water and almost insoluble in ethanol. But on the other hand there should be as less water present as possible if one uses ethanol. Please help. I'm not a chemist. Maybe I'm mixing up the meaning of "extraction efficiency" and solubility.

Offlinekapps
Stranger
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: kapps]
    #25057906 - 03/12/18 08:34 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

I tried the tek on the first page. The only things I modified were: I used a coffee filter and 70% ethanol instead of 95%. After boiling for 10 minutes and filtering I pointed a fan at the liquid and let it evaporate down to an amount at which 1ml equals 0.5g dried shrooms.
To test the extract I made a cup of hot choclate and put 5ml in it, which corresponds to 2.5g dry.
After 15 minutes I already felt the effects, with a peak at around one hour. However, the intensity was something I would expect from 1.5g dry or so. Very little OEV/CEV. The most pronounced effect was a quite heavy but pleasant body load. It felt as if I was in a hot whirlpool. My skin was feeling very warm to hot and I also felt a kind of tickling and energy flowing through my body. What I also liked was that there was absolutely no nausea.

Now I'm not sure what to think of it. The shrooms I used were ok. I tried one 13g shroom fresh from the cake two days before and it was approximately of the same intensity as the 5ml liquid, if not stronger. Maybe a tolerance issue?

Is it really necessary to boil the shrooms in ehtanol? Would a cold extraction work as well? E.g. put the shrooms together with ethanol in a mixer and let it mix for a few minutes, then filter. I don't have enough shrooms to try that out.

Offlineahatchingegg
Stranger
Re: ALCOHOL EXTRACTION OF PSILOCYBIN [Re: k00laid]
    #26627449 - 04/25/20 03:15 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I'm looking forward to trying this next month. I think I'm going to wait to get a magnetic stirrer / hot plate to use with this tek. So, if the consensus is that the crystals are not active, could they just be filtered out after they form?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag