Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania * 1
    #16502307 - 07/09/12 02:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone :smile:

Blessed* here from Tasmania (Australia)

*(a man who has been bless(ed). NOT a bless(said) man)

Went for a hunt two days ago and found these interesting actives.

Found North Eastern Parts of Tasmania

I was such a FOOL!!!!!!! not getting the camera from the car :frown:

It had starting raining so i left it in the car. If i wasn't so dumb, i would have noted the location and got the camera :frown:

I WILL NEVER EVER make that mistake again. Still im kicking myself :frown:

I went back yesterday and today to find the location again. 5 plus hours of searching for the location but i just could not find it :frown:

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, here are shots of the habitat they where found in (Dense Rain Forest).

Happy to have found them, Sad to have lost them

So what do you think?

Im Happy to send prints to the right person who is confident of identifying and hopefully growing :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: blessed]
    #16502362 - 07/09/12 02:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

These look like some of Inski's New Zealand finds....But you found these in Australia...>!>>!>!!~

Save dried samples.

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Melbourne Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16502391 - 07/09/12 02:54 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
These look like some of Inski's New Zealand finds....But you found these in Australia...>!>>!>!!~

Save dried samples.

:lol: That's why I got all excited and PM'd you about them in the Tassie thread

I was all like:

:ohboyohboyohboy:  :holyshitbubbles:

Offlinesum0
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16502394 - 07/09/12 02:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That is super interesting!! :psychsplit:, looks similar to the undescribed species I found in NZ. Hope you get those micro-scoped man :thumbup:.

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16502397 - 07/09/12 02:57 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry blessed, i know its fun finding something new, but as per my response here, i think these are just an unusual morphotype of P. subaeruginosa.

Cheers, Obtuse.

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: sum0]
    #16502398 - 07/09/12 02:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sum0 said:
looks similar to the undescribed species I found in NZ.

:yesnod:

Offlinefux234
Woodgnome
Male User Gallery

Loc: Westwood
Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: Stopwhispering]
    #16502457 - 07/09/12 03:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

definitely interesting find :congrats:

they look closely to p. subaeruginosa but they might be something different,
get em under a microscope :biggrin:

--------------------
"Carpe diem!"

P.Semilanceata  Germany

Offlineblessed

Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: obtuse]
    #16502965 - 07/09/12 08:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

Save dried samples.

Hello Alan Rockefeller

I have prints but, and im shaking my head as i type this, they have been added to my storage box.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to find them in the storage box, but don't hold your breath, I've got nearly 90grams in it.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you want the prints?

or is there someone else who should have them?

Quote:

Stopwhispering said:

:lol: That's why I got all excited and PM'd you about them in the Tassie thread

I was all like:

:ohboyohboyohboy:  :holyshitbubbles:

Hello Stopwhispering

Thank you for your interest concerning my finds and the suggestion to make this post.

I only wish i had realized the gravity of what was happening last saturday. Dam hindsight!!!

shoulda woulda coulda, Damn i hate it. makes me want to cry

:thisisterrible:

Hello sum0

i am a newbie, first year hunting in fact. so no way to check them under a microscope myself, but as mentioned i can send prints to a worthy person.

Quote:

obtuse said:
Sorry blessed, i know its fun finding something new, but as per my response here, i think these are just an unusual morphotype of P. subaeruginosa.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Hello again Obtuse.

It's ok, whether it is a sub or not, i am just glad i found it.

as you know i have depression, and all i can say is im loving the hunt, it's helping bring sunshine back into my crap life.

still, thank you for your input, i always appreciate it :smile:

Hello fux234

Thanks, i do feel happy, not because "I" found them, but just because i did find them. FAR OUT i could be wrong, but feels like it was a miracle that i even found them.

Well, i guess i have alot to be happy about but, also a lot to be sad about. i hate it when i do stupid things, and my actions concerning this find just reminds me how dumb i can be. but enough whingeing from me. it time to learn and go forward from this experience.

It's funny how, the fact that one of my patches had been destroyed lead me to this find. Life is funny.

Also, really loving this site (i really enjoy the people and the subject matter), and the hunts, and of course the trips :wink:

lastly, i will keep looking for them again and again and again, even for years to come. i want to find them again.

Thank you to all for your replies :thumbup::thumbup:

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #16502991 - 07/09/12 08:28 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Keep searching and find more! Then dry them for further study.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them just being subs, but they don't look like subs to me. I suppose we won't know for sure until they go under a scope.

I'd be happy to look at the spores for you, but it might take a few weeks... unless one of the scopes at work have a reticle... I'll have to check. Anyway, that might tell us whether they are likely to be subs or something more interesting. But the spores alone won't be definitive.

--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

InvisibleStopwhispering
The voodoo peoples
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #16503026 - 07/09/12 08:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:

Well, i guess i have alot to be happy about but, also a lot to be sad about. i hate it when i do stupid things, and my actions concerning this find just reminds me how dumb i can be. but enough whingeing from me. it time to learn and go forward from this experience.

Nothing to be sad about at all, and nothing stupid was done.  I often have really interesting finds that I simply can't ID because I didn't collect the mushroom, or I didn't collect enough information about what is was growing from or what it smelt like, or some other feature that I should know better to take note of. I now have a list stuck inside the top of my camera bag so I don't forget, and I still sometimes do.  :facepalm3:

They may just be P. subaeruginosa I am doubtful of that however, either way you found another Psilocybe sp. or you found P. subaeruginosa that is showing variation that is really quite unusual in itself.

:mushroom2:

Edit: Looking closely over the photos again I noticed the "Odd Socks: Knitting/Crochet Group" add, I wonder if they'd let me in, I could totally dig some crochet action.

Edited by Stopwhispering (07/09/12 08:57 AM)

InvisibleNigelNoFreinds
Stranger
Male

Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: TimmiT]
    #16503038 - 07/09/12 08:43 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TimmiT said:

And repeat!

Ahh such sage advice

Blessed, It would be interesting if these were to be examined and turned out different.

Edited by NigelNoFreinds (07/12/12 05:54 PM)

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
    #16503057 - 07/09/12 08:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

blueing in the cap but not the stem, is that common with psilocybes?

InvisibleNigelNoFreinds
Stranger
Male

#16503084 - 07/09/12 08:57 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stopwhispering said:
Quote:

blessed said:

Nothing to be sad about at all, and nothing stupid was done.  I often have really interesting finds that I simply can't ID because I didn't collect the mushroom, or I didn't collect enough information about what is was growing from or what it smelt like, or some other feature that I should know better to take note of. I now have a list stuck inside the top of my camera bag so I don't forget, and I still sometimes do.  :facepalm3:

They may just be P. subaeruginosa I am doubtful of that however, either way you found another Psilocybe sp. or you found P. subaeruginosa that is really showing variation that is really quite unusual in itself.

I'm always forgetting to take pics or to label my prints, I think I will remember then do another and forget which was which.

I saw 4 tiny little Ps. a couple of weeks ago which had 1cm stalks that were only a few mm in diameter with huge thick chunky caps about 2x2 cm that were almost completely round, really cool. 

There are definitely some weird looking actives in Tassie

Offlineblessed

Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: NigelNoFreinds]
    #16503107 - 07/09/12 09:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TimmiT said:

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them just being subs, but they don't look like subs to me. I suppose we won't know for sure until they go under a scope.

I'd be happy to look at the spores for you, but it might take a few weeks... unless one of the scopes at work have a reticle... I'll have to check. Anyway, that might tell us whether they are likely to be subs or something more interesting. But the spores alone won't be definitive.

Hello TimmiT

I just had no idea that i would need a dried sample, it makes sense to me now, but as ALL this is new to me, i just didn't realize. still. im not the kinda person who gives up easily. so i will keep trying to find them again. and i probably only checked out 5% of the rain forest i found them it. It would help if the little buggers grew in larger quantities. Tasmania has many places to look, in fact if someone dedicated their whole life to hunting, i don't think they could search all the places in Tasmania. maybe a new active species is going to be found one day in the near future. i have no problem looking from dusk to dawn, so it may just happen sooner :wink:

Quote:

Stopwhispering said:
Quote:

blessed said:

They may just be P. subaeruginosa I am doubtful of that however, either way you found another Psilocybe sp. or you found P. subaeruginosa that is showing variation that is really quite unusual in itself.

Edit: Looking closely over the photos again I noticed the "Odd Socks: Knitting/Crochet Group" add, I wonder if they'd let me in, I could totally dig some crochet action.

Hello again

I know i shouldn't beat myself up so much. i want to be my best in all i do, so when im not, it really bugs me. still, until im dead or arrested for shrooms , I'll never stop looking for them, and others :wink:

thanks for encouraging words :thumbup:

I wish there was a mushroom group, it would only be about in-actives, but after proving oneself, the true meaning of the club would be revealed. I'd be in that!!!

Quote:

NigelNoFreinds said:
Quote:

TimmiT said:

And repeat!

Ahh such sage advice

Blessed, It would be interesting if these were to be examined and turned out different.
As I mentioned in the other thread I find them quite often in those dark areas like your pics and always without the typical companion plants I normally see them amongst.
I don't know if this leads any credence to Obtuse's reasoning?

Hello NigelNoFreinds

It maybe a sub it may not be. i do hope that from the prints, they can be id and grown. regardless of what happens. this is all awesome stuff to me at least :smile:

my first year hunting, i should make a movie!! :wink:

only kidding :rofl2:

InvisibleNigelNoFreinds
Stranger
Male

#16503120 - 07/09/12 09:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I quite often just hunt for the sake of hunting 

Edited by NigelNoFreinds (07/12/12 02:40 AM)

OfflineDr. Sub
Trip Hazard
 User Gallery

Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: NigelNoFreinds]
    #16505239 - 07/09/12 06:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i dont know why everybody is so convinced that ps. sub is the ONLY species of woodlover growing in AUS, particularly tassie, very very similar to new zealand and as the crow flies its only 2000 km (1500 miles for the americans :P) away. Spores can definatley travel that distance in the right atmospheric conditions. Ive found a patch of mushrooms in NSW, aus that are VERY similar to these, grow exclusivley of fern and native grass debris (no eucalyptus,100%) and are most certainly very very different from any subaeruginosa ive ever found in the area, I really think more work needs to be done on some of these different "morphologies" as i think that we will all be pleasantly surprised, AUS is a very big country with thousands of different and unique environments. I dont think P. Subs are the only thing growing here on wood, just my 2 cents.

--------------------
:mushroom2: I hunt Shrooms :mushroom2:

Offlineblessed

Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: Dr. Sub]
    #16506287 - 07/09/12 09:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guys, i decided to go through my storage box to try and find the dried cap.

I THINK I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think, same one

cap has changed a bit but to me it's the one!!!!!

crap gotta go to work, uploading images now

running late for work, cya later

damn im happy right now:wooawesome:

OfflineDr. Sub
Trip Hazard
 User Gallery

#16506453 - 07/09/12 09:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

take gill frags if it doesnt drop spores

--------------------
:mushroom2: I hunt Shrooms :mushroom2:

Offlineblessed

Re: Found Recently. Active, But what type? Found In Tasmania [Re: Dr. Sub]
    #16508718 - 07/10/12 10:10 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Sub said:
take gill frags if it doesnt drop spores

Hello Dr. Sub :smile:

I now have prints and a dried cap :smile:

So im gonna pm (soon) Alan Rockefeller, Stopwhispering and TimmiT about the fact that i found the dried cap, and about getting both tested.

If subs can very so much? then that's one amazing mushroom species.
whether it is or not?, it says something about the world we live in. not including people, we live on a truly amazing planet, truly amazing!!

Thanks for your 5 cents (rounded up cause we ain't got 1 and 2 cent pieces any more :wink:

InvisibleTimmiTM
 User Gallery

Loc: Victoria Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #17033166 - 10/15/12 12:34 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I have examined the spores from this collection under the microscope. Here are the results:

[Spores X1000 in 5% KOH]

The spores were brown, ellipsioid, avg 12x7μm.
Both shape and size are consistent with those recorded for Psilocybe subaeruginosa.

Just for fun here are some stained with phloxine
[Spores x1000 in phloxine + KOH]

--------------------
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination" ~ John Lennon

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale