Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

first signs of growth
    #1648570 - 06/20/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well its been 7 days since i innoculated and stuff and today is the 1st day ive seen any real mycelium and stuff but theres one jar with a little bird seed with a little bit of green contam on the tip of it...thats the only green in there, just the tip of one seed...and theres alot of what looks like mycelium in the center on top in the same jar...should i worry about the green....its more than was there yesterday...yesterday was just a little dot of green....i cant really see the stuff on top/center very well because the jars designs and stuff and theres still some seeds stuck on the sides of the jar...it looks a little greyish but that could be just because i cant get much light on it...but anyways...should i worry about this jar...???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: first signs of growth [Re: ]
    #1648620 - 06/20/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yes you should that green will eventually take over and pretty fast if you have not already seperate that jar from the others and ditch it or can be optimistic and hold on to it away from others but out come will be bad

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: first signs of growth [Re: FallenShroom]
    #1648628 - 06/20/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

what if i open it up and take out the little green seed real fast?

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1648678 - 06/20/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I bet there is more than just one little speck of green in there, you probably cant see it. You could try removing the little piece, but your most likely to spread it around, or introducing yet another contaminant into the jar. I seriously doubt you will have any luck with this method.

Better do the right thing and dump it out before it gets really bad, then start over.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Anonymous

Re: first signs of growth [Re: ATWAR]
    #1649237 - 06/20/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

damn jars always screwing me over!.....ok.....i guess ill dump it....

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
    #1649825 - 06/20/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Dump it man, you can't. Alot of green molds are really agressive and will bust yo ass. Go check out the "common contaminants of the mushroom culture" FAQ in the shroomery. I bet its an endo spore

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: first signs of growth [Re: lemunhed]
    #1650094 - 06/20/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah I just got the same problem with mine on the pf cake tek but what I did was break 5 pint jars full of 70% colonized into a tupperware container it filled the bottom up and just over night the contams came so I open it up and took a spoon that i put in alcohol to clean it and I got it all for what it would seem then the next day it was clean so I was happy and then the day after i notice it came back so I did the same thing again but now I have tons of pins so i'm going to keep growing them and taking out green contams till i get one flush then after that i'm going to dump it.it's worth it for me to deal with it till I get frist flush

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds