Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

Re: Pill-huasca; Tonight, I hope! [Re: Nature Boy]
    #16489114 - 07/06/12 07:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like quite the journey!

Why do you say that this was not a good harmine/dmt ratio? Sounds like it worked like a charm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Pill-huasca; Tonight, I hope! [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #16489198 - 07/06/12 08:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Because of this article in Molecular Medicinal Chemistry from 2003.  See, in particular page 2, right hand column:  http://www.idecefyn.com.ar/mmcv01/01.pdf

It appears the analysis of ayahuasca revealed a 6.5 : 1 ratio of harmala alkaloids to DMT component.  So...in a traditional ayahuasca preparation, the harmalas would be ~ 290 mg and DMT only 45 mg.  My ratios struggle to be 3 : 1.

Going forward I'm going to UP the harmalas and DECREASE the DMT to see the difference.  Probably more nausea, a longer trip, maybe even vomiting.  That would be typical of a traditional ratio, too.  "La parga" is an oft seen component of the traditional ayahuasca experience.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Edited by Nature Boy (07/06/12 08:15 AM)

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

#16489351 - 07/06/12 09:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting..

I seem to remember someone(joemolloy if I'm not mistaken) saying that if one were to get the Maoi dosing right( timing/amount).  That the dmt amount really didn't matter as much, and alot lower dose could be used to to achieve the same effect.

Itl be interesting to see the differences. I thought the purging was mainly from the vile liquid and other alkaloids, plant matter, etc.  Can't wait to hear the results! :popcorn:

Also are you taking the harmine prior to the dmt or all at once?

Edited by Kief Ledger (07/06/12 09:18 AM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Pill-huasca; Tonight, I hope! [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #16489697 - 07/06/12 11:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kief Ledger said:
Interesting..

I seem to remember someone(joemolloy if I'm not mistaken) saying that if one were to get the Maoi dosing right( timing/amount).  That the dmt amount really didn't matter as much, and alot lower dose could be used to to achieve the same effect.

Yep.  Joe has a lot of experience and is a careful observer.  He gets many things right.

Quote:

Itl be interesting to see the differences. I thought the purging was mainly from the vile liquid and other alkaloids, plant matter, etc.  Can't wait to hear the results! :popcorn:

No doubt the awful taste contributes to the urge to purge.  Some of it is taste, some of it is the pharmacologic effect of the MAOI.

Quote:

Also are you taking the harmine prior to the dmt or all at once?

Its a pill, so all at once.  Lets face it...in the jungle its all brewed (and consumed) as one beverage.  Clearly, that works.  THEORETICALLY, the only difference (if I get the ingredients and ratios correct) between traditional Ayahuasca and pill-huasca should be the convenience of swallowing a solitary pill, and the avoidance of the nasty taste.  To the extent the foul taste contributed to the urge to purge, it may be assumed that less nausea and vomiting will result from the pill-huasca.  All theory, of course, but seemingly logical.  That paper in Molecular Medicinal Chemistry provided some much needed information that may help me mimic the traditional experience in a more modern way.

N.B.

Edited by Nature Boy (07/06/12 11:07 AM)

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

#16489934 - 07/06/12 12:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You make a good point.. so why do you think it is that everyone says take your Maoi an hour before the dmt?  Maybe that's why you up the dose, so it kicks in quickly..so many variables..

I'm going to make a note of your link to come back to when I have more time!

As always thanks for the science lesson!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]