Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMugnath
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: roaddog]
    #16497930 - 07/08/12 02:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roaddog said:
Quote:

soulongod said:
Quote:

Javadog said:
P.S. I wanted to echo that outdoor grows can work fine in the
right location, even in the Southern California coastal desert.

I dropped an extra quart of P. cubensis Quila spawn into a pot growing
mint, and a bit later I saw this:

Gotta love those pointy caps! 

:0)

There is hope, after all!

that is beautiful, I got to show this off too, this is from using spent substrate for a grow medium http:// http://

Awww so cute, I am watering at the mouth to start an outdoor grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: TasteslikeDaniel]
    #16497965 - 07/08/12 02:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TasteslikeDaniel said:

I say if your really wanting to do the SGFC outside which seems like its up in the air if its a good idea or not...you should buy a experimental tub now, put perlite in it and drill the holes then put it where your gonna put it. Now watch it for like 2 weeks and over that time adjust it and mess with it so by the time your jars are ready they have a stable enviroment. You wont have to be adjusting things midplay. I was thinking maybe half burying or even fully buring the tubs with the lids exposed w/ air holes might be a good way to control temp flucuations and help camouflage.

These seem like some good ideas, except burying the tub completely. Wouldn't that ruin the FAE?

Quote:

TasteslikeDaniel said:

I think you should visit lowes and build a flow hood with a hepa filter and a squirrel cage fan, you could turn your rig into a semi sterile eviroment... with a extension cord and a strong enough fan you could overpressurize your van and use that sterile air to better your chances. Force so much clean air out of your car that no bad air gets in. This overpressuization idea came from my experience driving tanks in the army...they expect that shit to stop nuclear,biological and chemical attacks...so I bet its good enough for you haha! theres instructions online and the flow hoods really helped me out.

I love the creativity; these ideas will have to wait until I have some grows under my belt.

Quote:

TasteslikeDaniel said:

Haters gon hate, but pretty much everyone here probably had someone tell them that growing mushies is way to hard and to just stop.

...battlelab

Man, you seem like you have plenty of energy, motivation, and positive outlook to go around; thank you for all of those, your ideas, and support.

--------------------

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #16498015 - 07/08/12 02:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wildernessjunkie said:
That Pan. Cinctulus is probably your winner in that list. They grow like weeds when they're in season. Might be worth it to learn to identify that one.

--------------------

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

#16498034 - 07/08/12 02:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roaddog said:

Basically its all about doing what ever is clever.

I know what you mean. This is certainly a challenge but it will be worth it for others and me in the long run.

Thanks.

--------------------

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: Violet]
    #16498098 - 07/08/12 03:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
Quote:

soulongod said:
Quote:

Mugnath said:
Above all else your FAE is the most important, however if your humidity is in the 30-40% range due to wind etc. around your sgfc it won't do much for you.

I thought a SGFC could be successful in a 30-40% humidity range. My location's humidity ranges between 50-100%.

"This system also requires an ambient humidity in your house of 30% or above, which incidentally will ensure your own comfort as well."
-Let's Grow Mushrooms!

The concern Mugnath was posting on is the below optimal humidity combined with wind. This would indeed be what to consider with putting a SGFC outside...

Their success in humidifying the chamber relies on the air slowly rising up thru the perlite bottom and catching moisture that's on the perlite. With a regularly blowing breeze, air will be blown thru the side more quickly than it can be humidified, too often. So if the local humidity is 40% and breezy, even if the SGFC manages to keep it up to 70%, that's too low and your projects will dry out, sunlight or not.

Oh snap, that makes some good sense. That would be equivalent to pointing a fan at the indoor SGFC. The humidity would be moving too quickly from the perlite to the above open space and then outside the FC. I suppose the only way that you could combat the wind is to create a wind shield (maybe with some brush - doubling as camouflage), make 1/8" holes instead of 1/4" holes, use monotub style holes, or a complete monotub.

Quote:

Violet said:
But if one were to ask me, I'd say the only way to find out for sure is to do it.

That's what I'm saying. :smile:

Thanks

--------------------

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

#16498109 - 07/08/12 03:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roaddog said:
I water any out door crop according to the ambient humidity. Meaning during my outdoor crops, I pay close attention to this weather underground online weather. I type in my location, and it will give you far more info on humidity, and anything else you may need to know. Its far more thorough than the weather chanel. Then I basically watch and water accordingly. I use a water hose, with fine spraying tip, to water out side crops regardless of the container or beds. I water more and longer on dry days, I back off on the humid moist days. Really its pretty damn easy to get right, regardless of the humidity. Also I find that High temperature during fruiting doesn't matter much. I have had beautiful mushrooms grow at temps above 100 degrees.I have more problems when the weather gets too cool. Outdoors is easier, really.

I fell in love with weather underground awhile ago. It was much more useful to me than the weather channel, as I traveled from place to place and dwelled in my vehicle.

I wouldn't have a hose or a yard so any outdoor grow wouldn't be as easy as it could be. I suppose I could purchase a fine mist pump sprayer to get the watering job done. I'm definitely going to be spending some time researching outdoor grows.

Thanks

--------------------

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: markisses]
    #16499171 - 07/08/12 11:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

soulongod said:
I suppose the only way that you could combat the wind is to create a wind shield (maybe with some brush - doubling as camouflage), make 1/8" holes instead of 1/4" holes, use monotub style holes, or a complete monotub.

The windshield and the monotub options are good ones. The other two won't make for a proper FC...

But if what you're growing can do so inside a monotub, that's definitely the FC for you with ease, discretion, inexpense, and bulk production. Pretty much that's just Cubensis, speaking practically. It loves the monotub.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: Violet]
    #16501970 - 07/09/12 12:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you all. I appreciate your time, effort, and ideas. I'll report back with the results.

Until next time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom