Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBeefy1
GONE

Loc: around
Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: Mugnath]
    #16492267 - 07/06/12 09:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You'll be fine just putting them in the plastic box to colonize.  Keep it away from sunlight.  it will get hot in the sun.

I still think you should do a small outdoor patch in the ground.  Take the plastic container you were going to use as a shotgun,  remove the lid, flip it upside down,  set it on top of your patch.  mist every once in a while.

you could probably get away with doing cakes in a normal shotgun style,  It's just going to be a bitch to keep the conditions right.

In the ground is easier.

It might take a month or more to get fruits,  you wait for the weather to be right,  keep it moist for a few weeks,  let it dry out for a couple days,  water it again when there's good humidity,  you'll have mushrooms.  hell,  use some of the perlite on the ground around the patch too under the shotgun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: Doc_T]
    #16492423 - 07/06/12 09:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Quote:

For some of you, please read the original post before sharing your ideas.

You didn't read the locker idea properly.
Sclerotia, not mushrooms. No need to fruit them, just stack jars in the locker.

Apologies. I assumed Sclerotia was a type of mushroom that would follow similar cultivating procedures as some of the many discussed on this forum. Just when I think I have read enough - BAM - something else to research. I have skimmed through some Sclerotia threads, interesting. Thanks for the new information and method for cultivating.

-M

--------------------

OfflineTheDeathryder
Reaper
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell Flag
Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: markisses]
    #16492457 - 07/06/12 09:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you haven't already, you should take a look at the Easier Than Cubes series by Stonesun.  He covers sclerotia in detail in it.

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

#16492663 - 07/06/12 10:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mugnath said:

Okay I'm quite intoxicated at the present moment but I'll attempt to aid you. First off a sgfc is designed specifically for a enclosed room with little to no discernible air movement. The sgfc is designed to use perlite, which will keep humidity up, however if you put the FC outdoors it'll loose humidity due to wind and natural forces, not to mention bugs and such getting into it. I would personally suggest doing a bulk substrate and using a monotub.

This makes some sense. To generalize what you are saying, you suggest a monotub because it is more self contained and less likely to be influenced by the the environment/nature. And, a SGFC is a slightly simplified FC but requires a stable environment. Kept indoors, I would assume that a Monotub would need slightly more attention to provide the equal about of FAE as a SGFC; however, outdoors, the Monotub would preform, for the most part, very similar to a SGFC indoors.

Thank you.

--------------------

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: TheDeathryder]
    #16492673 - 07/06/12 10:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you're only looking for a 10-cake-size grow, you'd be better off hunting wild mushies.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: Beefy1]
    #16492773 - 07/06/12 10:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Beefy1 said:
You'll be fine just putting them in the plastic box to colonize.  Keep it away from sunlight.  it will get hot in the sun.

I still think you should do a small outdoor patch in the ground.  Take the plastic container you were going to use as a shotgun,  remove the lid, flip it upside down,  set it on top of your patch.  mist every once in a while.

you could probably get away with doing cakes in a normal shotgun style,  It's just going to be a bitch to keep the conditions right.

In the ground is easier.

It might take a month or more to get fruits,  you wait for the weather to be right,  keep it moist for a few weeks,  let it dry out for a couple days,  water it again when there's good humidity,  you'll have mushrooms.  hell,  use some of the perlite on the ground around the patch too under the shotgun.

I like this idea. I have a 34" L x 18" W x 12" H  plastic tote with the SGFC holes and I have another 30"L x 20"W x 16" H plastic tote that is new and solid.

- Should the covering plastic tote have holes in all five sides?
- Would you suggest a Monotub style tub covering the ground patch?

--------------------

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #16492788 - 07/06/12 10:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
If you're only looking for a 10-cake-size grow, you'd be better off hunting wild mushies.

In SoCal? (Coastal)

--------------------

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: TheDeathryder]
    #16492796 - 07/06/12 10:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheDeathryder said:
If you haven't already, you should take a look at the Easier Than Cubes series by Stonesun.  He covers sclerotia in detail in it.

Skimmed it and bookmarked.
Thanks.

--------------------

OfflineMugnath
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #16492818 - 07/06/12 10:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

soulongod said:
Quote:

36fuckin5 said:

In SoCal? (Coastal)

Yeah mushies grow damn near everywhere, just make sure you do your research so that you don't consume any death caps.

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

#16492992 - 07/06/12 11:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Camp A:
Some of you believe that too much FAE is the enemy and the challenge would be to restrict it or replace the constant loss of humidity; so, you conclude that it would be too much work to replace the lost of humidity and maintain the humidity level desired by the mushrooms.

- Could less holes in the SGFC or a Monotub solve this issue of too much FAE?
- Could an above average amount of misting compensate for the lost of humidity?

Camp B:
Some of you believe that a regular outdoor grow is best; but, I don't have the faintest idea why you believe this to be so in the Southern Coast of CA.

- What specific adjustments would need to be made to a regular outdoor grow for an outdoor grow in Coastal Southern CA?

--------------------

Invisiblemarkisses
 User Gallery

#16493059 - 07/06/12 11:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mugnath said:
Quote:

soulongod said:

In SoCal? (Coastal)

Yeah mushies grow damn near everywhere, just make sure you do your research so that you don't consume any death caps.

You are probably right. I guess there is fun in hunting and in cultivating. I did a lot of hunting in FL, there was so many! I began the study of cultivating in FL and now plan to take it up again in CA. If you have any SoCal hunting experience, I'll take what I can get.

Thanks

--------------------

OfflineMugnath
Male

#16493416 - 07/07/12 01:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Above all else your FAE is the most important, however if your humidity is in the 30-40% range due to wind etc. around your sgfc it won't do much for you. The monotub will allow for plenty of FAE through your polyfill, but the polyfill will also keep plenty of humidity in. But if you're growing outdoors, I'd suggest spawning to horse poo, covering that in a layer of some casing (maybe straw, never grown outdoors), and watering it. When conditions are right in your area you'll have plenty of mushies popping up.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
    #16493568 - 07/07/12 02:08 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Straw would be a terrible casing. It releases moisture really quickly, so would need to be watered very often. You'd be better with a verm or potting soil casing outdoors. Even some semi-wet leaves would work better.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

OfflineMugnath
Male

Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #16493606 - 07/07/12 02:17 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Straw would be a terrible casing. It releases moisture really quickly, so would need to be watered very often. You'd be better with a verm or potting soil casing outdoors. Even some semi-wet leaves would work better.

Do as he says ^

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #16494017 - 07/07/12 06:11 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mugnath said:
Quote:

soulongod said:
In SoCal? (Coastal)

No Psilocybes grow wild in SoCal.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineMugnath
Male

#16494905 - 07/07/12 12:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I stand mistaken then. He is looking for Panaeolus cinctulus correct?

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: Assistance Preparing SGFC to Remain Outdoors [Re: Beefy1]
    #16494928 - 07/07/12 12:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Beefy1 said:

In the ground is easier.

:whathesaid:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #16495058 - 07/07/12 01:00 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mugnath said:
He is looking for Panaeolus cinctulus correct?

I dunno, but there's a sticky thread over in the ID forum that details what grows where.
Everybody interested should go check that out. But SoCal is fairly dry and deserty most of the time.

Quote:

Just when I think I have read enough - BAM - something else to research.

Yep. :smile:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#16495117 - 07/07/12 01:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So many people are saying here that you cannot use a SGFC outside...

... but I've seen Javadog refer to his outdoor SGFC a couple times. I've messaged him to get his sentiment in here.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #16495230 - 07/07/12 01:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mugnath said:
Quote:

soulongod said:
Quote:

36fuckin5 said:

In SoCal? (Coastal)

There are both A. phaloides and A. virosa, two of the most deadly mushrooms,
here in So Cal.

:themoreyouknow:

JD

P.S. I wanted to chime in that my own outdoor SGFC experiments were
not very successful, as I had no cover for the bins and so they got
a few hours of sun a day.  I am betting that hot species like ABM
might do ok, but this is a work-in-progress.

I have been successful in dropping edible blocks onto the ground under
some green plants in the backyard, in an area that I keep well watered,
and so I bet that if I can either place the SGFCs into a similar positions,
or can make a shade-cloth coverings (that I can spray to improve
conditions even further), that I will see better performance.

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order