Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenemesis
Stranger

To Trip or not to Trip?
    #1646858 - 06/20/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I am gonna have my first trip in one weeks time, on some Cubensis. But I have an anxiety disorder, I havent been diagnosed for it but I believe this is what is causing my depression, feeling of uneasiness. My friend reckons it might be just a state of mind I get into sometimes and that he doesnt believe I have it. While I am about to seek help and have been meditating only alittle, I am wondering if I should trip? .. if this would lead to a bad experience? .. I know Mushrooms shouldnt be treated as a social 'lubricant' and that they can be 'emotion sensitive'. Any tips? .. I am currently reading, The Psychedelic Experience, and meditating more often, anyone in a simliar situation with any advice?
Thanks for any help.

salum

--------------------
May Peace and fellicity smile on those who seek it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: To Trip or not to Trip? [Re: nemesis]
    #1647076 - 06/20/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'd say chill out for a couple months and figure out what you're doing :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

Re: To Trip or not to Trip? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1647340 - 06/20/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've been chillin' out for a couple months now, I've been off weed and exercising more .. what you mean by figure out what im doing?

salum

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1647743 - 06/20/03 09:36 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well you are questioning whether or not you should trip........ Until there's no question, I say keep 'em stored away :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1648034 - 06/20/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you're worried about having an anxiety attack I would just say that xanax or valium right before taking shrooms and you'll be fine. I dunno for sure how you would react to shrooms, alot of people have claimed, and will keep claiming, that shrooms would most likely be fine. And they're probably right, but every person reacts differently to every drug.

Be safe, and for final advise, I say wait. Atleast until you finish whats going on w/ the doctor, just to be on the safe side.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: To Trip or not to Trip? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1648038 - 06/20/03 12:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have an anxiety disorder too, but I am strangely unafraid of taking shrooms. For the past few weeks I have been focusing on techniques to stay calm and in control and in my personal life, it seems to be working. I am determined to be relaxed on shrooms and just accept what comes. I think you should be in a good mindset though before you take them.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1648045 - 06/20/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I would not be good to have a bad trip and send yourself in to perminant anxiety wigging out mode. This has happened to people without disorders so becareful

*edit*
PS, everyone is different, what works for one person my not work for you.

Edited by DailyPot (06/20/03 12:18 PM)

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

#1649046 - 06/20/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have found that Cannabis potentiates my anxiety, it might be due to the setting which would normally cause anxiety due to me doing something illegal, I guess I should do it far away from my parents and far away from any authority =P - where I've got nothing to worry about. But I am thinking maybe Ayahuasca can be my first trip ..
"Regular consumption of ayahuasca brews have been found to increase serotonergic activity and 5HT uptake by as much as 25% (Callaway 1994). This is undoubtedly the reason why ayahuasca has such beneficial effect in treating depressive disorders, anxiety and PTSD."
... but then again I might just start with a low dosage of Mushrooms because Ayahuasca wont be available to me for awhile. I will continue to abstainCannabis and finish the Psychedelic Experience before my trip, then use some techniques to stay more calm incase but it will depend how I feel about it on the day planned.  Wish me luck :wink:

salum

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1654652 - 06/22/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I would recommend going with shrooms first - ayahuasca is more intense in my opinion, and lasts a bit longer too from my experience..

--------------------

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

#1654835 - 06/22/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was thinking the same, Im not sure if I can get Mushrooms for my first trip. I can however get HBWR, would that be recommended for a first experience? .. Im not sure how vasconstriction would have an effect, or how the HBWR experience is like? .. LSD, I would presume, without the panicy come up hopefully? .. never done LSD tho'

salum

--------------------

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

#1654951 - 06/22/03 11:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My main fear is that I will start thinking about my breathing, after a scary Cannabis experience where I thought I couldnt stop controlling my breathing conciously and I continiously thought about it and couldnt stop thinking about it then had one of the scariest anxiety attacks I have ever experienced, even when im sober I can get into this thought loop. Exercise would help, but with HBWR isnt recommend, right?

salum

--------------------

Offlinejimmyvengeance
    #1657344 - 06/23/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you've gotta do this, I'd recommend waiting for the mushrooms. Both of the other two suggestions you've made have rather dubious track records in terms of body effects. This is certainly NOT the sort of thing it'd be very pleasant to be in the middle of during one's first trip. Moreover, it'd be something you probably wouldn't want to spend alot of time being anxious about.

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

Re: To Trip or not to Trip? [Re: jimmyvengeance]
    #1734307 - 07/21/03 06:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Update: Had my first trip  .. a spontaneous descision because we had 10g of dried Aminta available. Had 5g over three hours dosing . . light trip but good buzz. A weird auditory thought loop, if this one riff in a song which felt so real :smile:. Anxiety was non-existent and I actually felt more comfortable then I have for a long time :laugh: . . all in all a good experience and more confident now. Going for a 2.5g Psilocybe trip this week :smile:
Wish me luck and btw would bowel or stomach wind medication have any effect on the mushrooms? . . I highly doubt it if I dont comsume them close to each other.

peace - salum - heiwa

--------------------

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1735874 - 07/21/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

u mean anti gas meds?

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

Re: To Trip or not to Trip? [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1737310 - 07/22/03 03:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I believe so, called Somac and Coloxyl is the bowel med

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder