Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineerjone
el cap-e-tan!

Loc: that place right by the t...
yay! found some!
    #1647470 - 06/20/03 08:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ok , so i found some and im pretty sure that they are not active but was wondering what you guys think they are. Dont have a digi so i had to scan them :frown:please excuse the weird looking glare......i placed saran wrap over the scanner for a quick cleanup :wink:

The first pics shrooms are about  the size of a cd.the weird thing waas there was they have no gills. the underside had what appeared to be a sponge-like texture. no bruising.

these guys are about quarter size and show no bruising. light brownish/tan gills.

these ones are the same except the one on the left has an orangeish color

i know my descriptions werent that great, sorry. :crazy: But yeah, this hunt was  not a real productive one but still fun none the less. threw most of my finds out as i questioned their activeness. Will I ever find any actives?!?!!? lol. So yeah.....whaduya think?   

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: yay! found some! [Re: erjone]
    #1647610 - 06/20/03 10:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Those first ones are boletes of some sort. Boletes have tubes instead of bladelike gills. If you check, you'll find that the tubes can be fairly easily peeled away from the cap.

We'll need spore prints (for a start) on these to identify them.

Nice finds.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: yay! found some! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1648566 - 06/20/03 04:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yea the ones with sponges are boletes and looks like you might have one of those gilled bolete guys in the last one.  i have no idea about the one in the middle tho.  need print and some other info like is the stem hollow and all that.  just follow the outline in the sticky thread buy you can leave things like color and shape since you have pics.  happy hunting :smile:  peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: yay! found some! [Re: blaze2]
    #1649160 - 06/20/03 07:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Local and habitat you found those middle pic- mush in is a must without a sporeprint.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification