Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Let me tell you what I am thinking about.
    #1647114 - 06/20/03 04:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I am thinking about an infinite nothingness. A place where no force acts in any direction and no matter exists inside. Well, let's say there is a point inside this nothingness where an incredible amount of energy and particles are all bunched together.

Now, I'm not really sure just what all forces and energies and matters are inside this point but as time goes on I think I might find out...

These forces, some of them, act on each other. Alot of them push, so we get these things moving away from each other. Also, the infinite nothingness exudes no force back upon the expanding particles and energies, so they are free to cast off from whatever anchor it is they pushed and continue on their marry way. The ones that started it had alot less crap to get through on their way out, so they had the clearest shot straight out, I think. (They are the lucky ones if you ask me. They did what they wanted to do, and now they get to do it forever. The possibility of that becoming a curse worries me slightly, however.)

As pieces of this point scatter off, the space in between them increases. And while lots of stuff is pushing, some other stuff is pulling and grabing onto whatever the fuck it can find. Alot of times they will meet something, it too being blown away by the forces of something else, going in just a little bitty different direction. Maybe its not going quite as fast from the point because there are forces pushing it in a direction not directly out from the point. It's hard for me to imagine what forces would be inside this point to begin with that could force energies and matters to change course from this powerful explosion, but other directions than "out" are around, so...

...So the ones that meet, I dunno, hit it off maybe, forced somehow to stay connected rather than to blow away from each other. Now merrily twirling, encountering other such collections they might like what they find. There were all sorts of different energies and pieces in that point, some of them liked each other I guess. It's hard to reason actually but they stuck and they're together now.

I DON'T really know why some of them clung together and got really big. Seems to me the big collections are burning. But they are releasing a shitload of energy, though, so maybe that's what they want to do.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Edited by recalcitrant (06/20/03 05:35 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Let me tell you what I am thinking about. [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1647247 - 06/20/03 05:54 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, so i smoked some more...

I want to interject all the time with semi explanations that I think connections are love / pushings might be hate. Maybe that this spirit of hate that forces so many things apart is the infinit emptyness itself.

It confuses the scientists why the outer more boundaries of the expanding universe should be accelerating away from the origin. But like, if there are not forces acting on the expanding sphere then whats to stop the energies from expanding evermore outward? Like, light's infinit acceleration should give it some power to fight the sphere of gravity behind it. That gravity created by all the matter and energies of the point would really be the only force to act on the first light to escape it. And obviously the stuff is still heading out there faster and faster, so I'm willing to put money on it that the force of all this gravity that <i>everything</> manifests isnt enough to bring it all back into the point.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1647420 - 06/20/03 07:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The Big Bang theory is much weirder than a tiny spot of high-density energy that suddenly exploded into an otherwise empty space. In the version of the theory where space is asymptotically flat at long range, the original explosion occurred everywhere at once, all over infinite space at time zero. There was no center.

A later version assumes that space is curved into a hypersphere at extremely long range, and that the part of the universe that we can observe is so small compared to this hypersphere so we can't detect this curvature, and that's why our universe appears not to have curvature. In this case too there is no central point in space where the Big Bang started. Just like there is no central point on the surface of an expanding bubble.

I like your thoughts about love and attractive forces, but I don't think hate is analogous to the expanding forces. I think hate is mostly ignorance and fear. I associate the expanding forces with creation, as in making space for new stuff.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1647967 - 06/20/03 01:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

maybe its a figment of the imagination

big within small

ever see the end of men in black (the universes in the marbles)

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Let me tell you what I am thinking about. [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1649490 - 06/20/03 09:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah.  What Rhizoid said.  Nothingness cannot contain anything -- it is.  When something else is, it isn't. 

...You know, I do find it funny how the quantum physics definition of the Big Band meshes so well with the bible.  Not that I'm implying anything here but coincidence and irony.

...In the beginning, there was nothing.  And then there was light.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology