Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

Theory of dmt in the human body...
    #16465138 - 07/01/12 01:00 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So do you think there is some spiritual connection with dmt and the human body?  I have heard one theory that the connection between plants and animals with levels of dmt have a spiritual bond between them.  Like there is another level of communication; using dmt as the translator.  What I hve noticed are the dmt levels are highest in the vascular system of animals.  In plants the highest level is in the bark.  Maybe there is a connection?

--------------------
I've kissed mermaids, rode the El Niño.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #16465239 - 07/01/12 01:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

sure.

--------------------
cultivando en la miseria

SuctoSpore® Pictorial Tek

x7x_x7x@shroomery.org

carl_jung_in_lsd@yahoo.com

koh samui and oak ridge are my favourite strains

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #16465257 - 07/01/12 01:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i think there is a connection between dmt in humans and plants. however i come from a more evolutionary/scientific standpoint as i am not a spiritual person. I think dmt is a sort of elementary or building block neurotransmitter. one of the first "information transport" molecules to have evolved. thats why it is present in all animals and plants. and if you wanna get into the spiritual aspect of it, there's the concept that all humans have the evolutionary  memory of our ancestors, is essence knowledge is stored in our dna in a sense, so if dmt is the first or one of the first neurotransmitters then while we ingest it we are unlocking some sort of memory in our dna of the expediences of the human species.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: psyconaught]
    #16465320 - 07/01/12 01:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #16465746 - 07/01/12 03:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
I think... science!

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt_article2.shtml

I don't know if you're trying to say there is a relation between DMT and the pineal gland, but everything Strassman said was SPECULATION.

Quote:

"We don't know whether DMT is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary DMT rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don't know whether DMT rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state. To the extent those states resemble those brought on by giving DMT, it certainly makes one wonder if endogenous DMT might be involved, and if it were, it would explain a lot. But we don't know yet. Even if the pineal weren't involved, that would have little overall effect on my theories regarding a role for DMT in endogenous altered states, because we do know that the gene involved in DMT synthesis is present in many organs, particularly lung. If the pineal made DMT, it would tie up a lot of loose ends regarding this enigmatic little organ. But people seem to live pretty normals lives without a pineal gland; for example, when it has had to be removed because of a tumor.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: phaded]
    #16465962 - 07/01/12 04:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
I think... science!

I don't know if you're trying to say there is a relation between DMT and the pineal gland, but everything Strassman said was SPECULATION.

I was trying to say exactly what you just said.  I don't really believe in a correlation between endogenous DMT and NDEs, astral projection, or dreaming.  Trace amounts means sub-psychoactive, right?

The one thing that does confuse me a bit is the presence of higher levels of DMT in schizophrenics.  I don't really have an explanation for that.  It suggests some interesting theories, though... :strokebeard:

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
    #16465980 - 07/01/12 04:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
i think there is a connection between dmt in humans and plants. however i come from a more evolutionary/scientific standpoint as i am not a spiritual person. I think dmt is a sort of elementary or building block neurotransmitter. one of the first "information transport" molecules to have evolved. thats why it is present in all animals and plants. and if you wanna get into the spiritual aspect of it, there's the concept that all humans have the evolutionary  memory of our ancestors, is essence knowledge is stored in our dna in a sense, so if dmt is the first or one of the first neurotransmitters then while we ingest it we are unlocking some sort of memory in our dna of the expediences of the human species.

if anyone finds this interesting i highly recommend watching the new adventures of tintin movie on psychedelics.
kinda changed the way i think about life

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #16466078 - 07/01/12 04:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomopotamus said:
Quote:

psyconaught said:

if anyone finds this interesting i highly recommend watching the new adventures of tintin movie on psychedelics.
kinda changed the way i think about life

does the movie have to do with similiar things to what i said?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16466096 - 07/01/12 04:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

it most certainly does
the 2nd half about ancestrial (if that is a word) memories

--------------------

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

#16466105 - 07/01/12 04:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
I think... science!

I was trying to say exactly what you just said.  I don't really believe in a correlation between endogenous DMT and NDEs, astral projection, or dreaming.  Trace amounts means sub-psychoactive, right?

The one thing that does confuse me a bit is the presence of higher levels of DMT in schizophrenics.  I don't really have an explanation for that.  It suggests some interesting theories, though... :strokebeard:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol: I'd love to see more studies about the trace amounts of deemsters in not only humans but everything. 'Twould be an intredasting read!

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #16466116 - 07/01/12 04:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
I think... science!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol: I'd love to see more studies about the trace amounts of deemsters in not only humans but everything. 'Twould be an intredasting read!

I'd read it! :cool:

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#16466128 - 07/01/12 04:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Cool link.

If DMT is produced and used in the body, my guess is that it's used in very specific places, maybe in the brain, maybe somewhere else in the body.  Overall levels are low because letting it escape and flow freely isn't that useful (unless you want a nice trip). 

IMO The process of dreaming is too organized and complex for it to be *just* a large dump of DMT.  But because DMT and dreaming are both so visual, people assume there's a connection.  The 5ht1a receptors are so heavy in our visual system, anything that binds to them will likely produce visual results.

On a side note I really wish Strassman had continued his research into Melatonin as well as DMT.

Offlinephaded
Wu Li

Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: StygianKnight]
    #16466142 - 07/01/12 04:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Cool link.

If DMT is produced and used in the body, my guess is that it's used in very specific places, maybe in the brain, maybe somewhere else in the body.  Overall levels are low because letting it escape and flow freely isn't that useful (unless you want a nice trip). 

IMO The process of dreaming is too organized and complex for it to be *just* a large dump of DMT.  But because DMT and dreaming are both so visual, people assume there's a connection.  The 5ht1a receptors are so heavy in our visual system, anything that binds to them will likely produce visual results.

On a side note I really wish Strassman had continued his research into Melatonin as well as DMT.

I do too. Also, the fact that serotonin is a tryptamine 'mazes me.

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#16466170 - 07/01/12 04:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomopotamus said:
it most certainly does

that sounds really interesting, i'll have to check it out. any suggestions for what substance to take while watching it?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16466189 - 07/01/12 04:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
I think... science!

would it really be that hard to test this?
is there such thing as a test for checking purities of dmt? or for seeing if something actually even is dmt to begin with?
if so just grind up plants herbs vegies mc nuggets and replace dmt with them in the test

--------------------

Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #16466305 - 07/01/12 05:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

phaded said:
Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Cool link.

I do too. Also, the fact that serotonin is a tryptamine 'mazes me.

Me three.  I've been taking melatonin nightly for a few years now.  I'm doing a bit of research on it to see how I can use it with cannabis to shift my circadian rhythm.  I've always been intrigued by the fact that it's a tryptamine.  It's just so weird that all these chemicals are so close to each other, but have radically different effects.

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #16468330 - 07/01/12 11:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
Quote:

Shroomopotamus said:
it most certainly does

that sounds really interesting, i'll have to check it out. any suggestions for what substance to take while watching it?

i forget if it was mushrooms or 25i-nbome but either would be fun or acid

--------------------

Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

Invisible1EyeCries
Paper Weight
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #16468370 - 07/01/12 11:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

dmt is essential to life, every night we sleep we produce massive amounts of our own dmt, this allows us to dream, we basically need to trip to live, if you dont sleep you die. during our sleep we go through a thing called neurogenesis, basically "repair time" in our brains

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#16468440 - 07/02/12 12:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomopotamus said:
Quote:

psyconaught said:
Quote:

Shroomopotamus said:
it most certainly does

i forget if it was mushrooms or 25i-nbome but either would be fun or acid

thanks for the suggestion! i'll remember to watch that next time i trip

--------------------

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

Re: Theory of dmt in the human body... [Re: 1EyeCries]
    #16468515 - 07/02/12 12:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AgentOrange4120 said:
dmt is essential to life, every night we sleep we produce massive amounts of our own dmt, this allows us to dream, we basically need to trip to live, if you dont sleep you die. during our sleep we go through a thing called neurogenesis, basically "repair time" in our brains

Where did you get your information?

DMT is not essential to life.
There's no evidence DMT plays any role in dreaming.
You won't die if you don't sleep.  Sleep is important, but lack of it is not deadly.
Neurogenesis is a new area of study and is happening constantly not just when you sleep.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals