Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity
    #1640335 - 06/17/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Me and my friends Joe and Chris went camping at these grounds near an area called Gulf Hagas. We chilled out and spent the night and then planned to go hiking on the trail the next day.  It was warm and sunny out, and I was filled with good vibes.  We hiked about 4 miles to the mid-section of the trail, and stopped at a beautiful area surrounded by waterfalls. It was here that I pulled out the three bags of mushrooms we were to consume. 

Me and Chris each ate about 5 grams, and Joe decided to only eat half of his, about 2.5 grams.  We chilled out by the water and waited for the trip to come on. 

It wasn't long before I began experiencing the first familiar effects.  The sinking feelings, the sudden detail and overtone of color around me.  About 40 minutes later we were all tripping, enjoying the beautiful views of the woods and the waters.  Ahh... Bliss. The warm sun, the nice breeze, the sound of the running river. Everything was going great.

Then these 2 attractive girls came out of nowheres and stood next to us.  I could not stand the intensity and had to walk away.  I sat a ways away by myself, and Chris did the same thing.  Joe stood by and talked with the girls. Then it was decided that we should start hiking back.  My system was a little jolted, but I was fine, so the three of us took off down the trail.

I was tripping hard now,  my vision looked like the view-screen of a giant mech-robot.  Looking down at my arms and legs, they seemed detached.  All the trees around me twisted and contorted, black lines patterned over the rocks.  I started to get flooded with streams of thought.  Beautiful and divine at first.  Typical.  Realizations of how we were all vibrations and how in the end all of us were one instant, one color, re-experiencing itself infinitely. I began talking about communication with your brain and body among other ramblings.

Change...

Chris began freaking out.  He kept repeating things like "This is not right, we're out in the middle of the woods, we have to get back to the campsite.  We're going to get in trouble."  He started to really lose it.  I responded to him "We're fine! Nobody's out here... drink some water, eat something!"  Joe tried to calm him down as well, but it was only getting worse.

Next thing I know we are hurriedly rushing down the trail.  I am still not worried about anything, but the situation is starting to seem frantic.  I start saying "We have to stop! We need to chill out!  Let's smoke a joint!"  I just wanted everyone to stop so we could maintain some sort of sanity.  But Chris wasn't stopping.

I remember pulling out a joint to smoke, and dropping it, and then I had a mental black-out, but apparently I kept on moving.

I remember an image of Chris, completely covered in bug bites, bleeding, and grabbing his back like he is trying to scratch the skin off.  He looks like he is in horrible pain.  Bug bites are just appearing everywhere on him.

When I realize what's going on again, I am following Joe down the trail.  He is bitching at me about losing my shit, and how pissed off he is.  I turn around and see Chris walking around aimlessly like 50 yards back, but I am so out of it, I don't even know how to react, so I just keep following Joe who is yelling at me to do so.

I am panicing now.  I am returning to a hell I experienced once before on a bad trip.  A feeling of being stuck somewhere for eternity... Becoming pure energy against my will.  One thought that never dies. Stuck.  I started to murmur for help.  Joe kept bitching at me to get a grip.  I had moments of strength where I just shut out the negative thoughts and pressed on.  I felt determined not to fall victim to this again.

And then I had another mental black-out.

Again I remember one image during that black-out. I am on a rocky bank by a stream, chasing a snake.  I still don't know if it really happened or not.

All of the sudden I am back at the camp with Joe.  He is sitting in a chair staring at me.  I am covered in mud and swarming with bugs, but I pay no attention to them.

Joe does not seem like a real person.
He is acting very calm and collected, like everything is under control.
I start asking him if this is insanity, if I am stuck here.
He responds calmly.. saying things like "Maybe this is insanity." etc. 

"Where the fuck is Chris?!" I demand.

"Chris is dead!" He responds. "Your friend died up there today!"

I couldn't believe my ears.  I didn't believe him.  I demanded that we go back to find him.

"You shouldn't be thinking about Chris now. He is gone! You need to think about yourself!"

At this point, I nolonger believed any of this was real.  I thought I had either died, or I was dreaming.  I could not believe that Chris was dead.  I felt like this was all some sort of mental test. It was all in my head.  It was some repeating thought loop, and I had to do something to break the spell.  I felt like I had to come to terms with some inner conflict, and everything would suddenly be alright. I seriously thought about jumping off a cliff or something, that maybe something that physically drastic would snap me out of this prison (which I believed was all in my head)

Suddenly I saw Chris a little ways down the stream by our campsite.  He was walking around in circles.
I ran to him screaming his name, totally relieved that he was alive.
He wouldn't say a word to me.  He just kept walking around in the cold water. I began thinking he was a figment of my imagination because he wasn't acting REAL.  Nobody was.  I thought my whole life had been a dream and Chris represented a part of me that I had to come to grips with.

Finally after I called to him so many times he came back to the campsite without saying a word.  He went into the tent, stripped down to his boxers and climbed in his sleeping bag for the rest of the day.

Finally I felt sane again, and realized that I was in fact, just tripping.

I am still pissed at Joe for fucking with me like that, and have decided not to hang out with him anymore.  I have more reasons, but that was the clincher.

Later Chris told me that when we had left him back on the trail, he had just sat around eating leaves and chewing on branches, totally not believing he was even there.  His back was completely covered with bugbites.

Jeez...

So anyways.

Trip tips:  Even though nature seems like a beautiful setting, things can still go wrong, and if they do, you are out alone in some unfamiliar area and it can be pretty scary.  So be sure it is the right place to be.

And DO NOT trip with people that you get any sort of uncomfortable vibes from.  Don't think that the trip will 'make it all better', it will probably just bring the bad vibes into a whole new light.  I've been uneasy around Joe, but he seemed like such a "spiritual" guy that I thought it would be fine.  Teaches me right for not going with my gut.

And always respect your dosage.  I think I went a little too overboard.

I think this trip had real potential, was quite beautiful at first, but the equation didn't quite work out. I still feel I've taken alot from it.  Mainly a whole new respect for my home in civilization, and I feel a lot more motivated to start getting things worked out in my life.  I feel alot more clear and focus about many things in fact. 

That was by far the craziest shit that's ever happened to me.

Trip safe.

Peace. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: Grav]
    #1640353 - 06/17/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that is crazy. Thanks for the tips and I hope that your next time goes better!

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: MOTH]
    #1640852 - 06/17/03 09:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Holy shit. I thought my suicidal bad trip experience was crazy. This takes the cake!

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1640935 - 06/17/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that sounds like a trip and a half  :grin:
Sorry if I missed it, but what time of the day was all this happening?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: zeta]
    #1641539 - 06/18/03 04:57 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

we ingested at around noon-time, the ordeal lasted for around 6 hours..

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1641778 - 06/18/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Great trip report....

Sorry to hear that everything was chaotic, but I am sure you learned a lot from that experience.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #1641853 - 06/18/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nice report Grav...its unfortunate that things didn't turn out as well as they could have. I've tripped in nature twice and both times were amazing experiences, but there were moments where I just looked around teh woods and was like "Where the hell am I?!?!?" Usually I just sit down next to a tree and chill while I wait for my brain to reorient itself a little. Good luck on your next trip bro! Peace.

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: chunder]
    #1641944 - 06/18/03 10:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I feel fortunate that it happened that way.  It's always a learning experience.  Me and Chris both agree that we feel very postively changed by it.  And I told Joe today that I can't hang with him anymore, so I feel that was the right thing to do.

I think I would have definately been chill if I was alone, but oh well. 
There's always next time! :smile:

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1642136 - 06/18/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

some of my trips are similar to yours.....during the first parts of the trip everything is good, its all bliss, but then it slowly starts to get chaotic and go downhill

this is another reason i refuse to do mushrooms around people anymore...you never know if they are gonna pull some shit that will fuck with your mind

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1642157 - 06/18/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah...I think I would only trip with people that I absolutely trust. Probably the only person I will ever trip with is my boyfriend.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: MOTH]
    #1642211 - 06/18/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I still can't get over Joe told you Chris was dead. That's like the worst thing ever.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #1642738 - 06/18/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

thank you

reading that helped me understand my last trip just a bit better.

I had a few mental black outs and experience that im not sure if they happend or not. I also had that feeling of being stuck some where forever. I thought i was trapped in some parrallel universe that made you trip for the rest of you life as punishment for doing drugs. oi

whoa, didnt even finish reading your report, this is my trip word for word right here, sides the chris stuff and all that...

"At this point, I nolonger believed any of this was real. I thought I had either died, or I was dreaming. I could not believe that Chris was dead. I felt like this was all some sort of mental test. It was all in my head. It was some repeating thought loop, and I had to do something to break the spell. I felt like I had to come to terms with some inner conflict, and everything would suddenly be alright. I seriously thought about jumping off a cliff or something, that maybe something that physically drastic would snap me out of this prison (which I believed was all in my head)"

Edited by moosehead (06/18/03 04:03 PM)

Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
    #1645008 - 06/19/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

damn that's quite an experience. are you going to trip again?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: houshroom]
    #1645243 - 06/19/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Definately.

I really learned a lesson though, and I'm going to lower my dosage.
Before, an 8th was my "minimum", but no more.

I have no more eagerness to tickle the void like I have been...

OfflineTekNut

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
    #1646112 - 06/19/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
Definately.

I really learned a lesson though, and I'm going to lower my dosage. 
Before,  an 8th was my "minimum", but no more.

I have no more eagerness to tickle the void like I have been...

hehe "tickle the void"  :wink:  Wow what a trip!  I'm sure glad it had a fairly happy ending with nobody really dying.  I guess you should put insect repellent on the list for next time. 

Thanks for the trip report, I enjoyed it very much!

-TekNut- 

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: TekNut]
    #1646309 - 06/19/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That was an incredibly well written trip report. I thank you for relaying it to us, for I am certain that I have learned something important.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: Anansi]
    #1648241 - 06/20/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wowsers! The begining of the trip sounded very nice.... but hey, at least you came out positive from it, which is often the most important thing. Seems like the key to it was finding out what was real and what was a hallucination. I find a lot of parells to the deceptive nature of hallucinations to our own perception (when sober) and what we take as real. Sometimes the greatest lessons come from the rough trips.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1648387 - 06/20/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

"Where the fuck is Chris?!" I demand.

"Chris is dead!" He responds. "Your friend died up there today!"

Man, I couldn't help laughing when I read this part. That's some messed up shit!

Great trip report, very interesting.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Trip Report: Nature Hike Insanity [Re: djd586]
    #1648929 - 06/20/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ive had a walk reach insanity like that before. Your trip report really reminded of a trip i had. So similar its kinda wierd.

Good report and liked reading it. 5 shrooms for you.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
    #1654141 - 06/22/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Good report and helpful tips. I've often thought of tripping in the beautiful surroundings of nature, though i never thought of something going awry. It just proves that any environment can turn into a bad one, even if it is Eye-candy.

Love and Light.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder