Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineScubySnak420
Tripped OutCollege Girl

Loc: Orlando FL
Compost Field!! (ID Please if you can)
    #1645670 - 06/19/03 07:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

At the barn I board my horse at, they recently took the compost pile where they put all the shavings and stuff they take out of the stalls when they clean it and spread it all over this one pasture (I guess so they can get grass to grow) and I finally got up the nerve to go walk around out there to look for some shrooms.

There were TONS of mushrooms but no cubes yet and I didn't see anything that looked like pan subbs, but obvously the conditons are right for mushroom sprouting. Unfortunately they spread the stuff in a field with no shade :frown: I found a few interresting kinds, but didn't have my camera with me when I was out there, but maybe some of you experts would like to take a crack at them anyway...I'll do my best describing them...

Mushroom #1: 
Skinny white stem with caps about  2-3 inches across. Brown gills which gave me a lightish brown spore print. The tops of the caps were whiteish and got darker brown/grey towards the center. At the edges of the caps (and they all did this) they started to break and almost looked like flowers. I know this isn't much to go by and I'll get some pics tomorrow with my new digital camera.
They were growing in large groups of about 10-20.

Mushroom #2:
Pinkish cap with a small light ring near the center of the cap. The biggest of these was still young I think because the cap was almost closed still. The stem was white and pretty thick, and was also pretty stringy when I started to squeze it to see the bruising. It bruised pink, darker than the cap. The cap and the stem were also kind of sticky. The gills were white but I couldn't get a sporeprint because it hadn't flattened out yet. These also grew in fairly large groups. Again, I know this isn't much to go on, but some of you guys are so good even with little info. I know these species aren't active but it's fun finding mushrooms that you haven't seen before. Thanks!

Oh and the funniest part of my day was when one of the barn guys (the only other person out there) asked me if I lost something because  was looking all around the field. And I was like no, I was looking for mushrooms (lol) and he just laughed and told me where he some some white mushrooms the other day. I asked him if he knew what "that kind" looked like and he said not growing out of the ground, just in a bag!!!! LOL! :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Compost Field!! (ID Please if you can) [Re: ScubySnak420]
    #1645743 - 06/19/03 07:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure about #1, but #2 sounds to me like an Amanita of some sort.  If it's bruising pink, it could be the "Blusher," or Amanita rubescens, which is not recommended for eating.

Maybe someone else could give you a better guess, though... I'm new at this stuff! :laugh:

Peace,

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineScubySnak420
Tripped OutCollege Girl

Loc: Orlando FL
Re: Compost Field!! (ID Please if you can) [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1645897 - 06/19/03 09:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I hate the taste of mushrooms, so I would never be looking for any to eat unless they were for tripping. I hope I find some cubes soon, that would be awesome and so convenient!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification