Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSL28
Psilonaut

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16442398 - 06/26/12 07:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What we talked about did seriously help her. The main thing she had been grappling with was this odd feeling that someone had died. She reflected on the trip and the concept of ego death after we talked and found that that was where the feeling was coming from. During our visit tonight, she thanked me and did not mention anything about death or anything wonky for the entire visit. S. and I have very similar personality types and don't like to be placated and like things laid to us straight. She is super-logical and the paradox she felt was really messing with her head. A reasonable explanation for that paradox helped her a lot.

That said, I'm not trying to put myself at odds with her parents, but merely trying to do for her what I would want done for myself; and considering we're incredibly similar people, it's usually the right thing. Her head is back together, all that's really left is to get her biological clock wound and set to the right time.

Again, all of the information on this thread has been invaluable and I am immensely grateful to everyone here. Thank you so much.

Edited by SL28 (06/26/12 07:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSL28
Psilonaut

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: SL28]
    #16442501 - 06/26/12 08:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Joemolly,

I understand where you're coming from, and you speak a lot of truth. I'm generally not controlling, but get that way when someone I care about cannot advocate for themselves. It takes a lot of energy and would be much easier for me to sit back and do nothing. Now that S. has put all the pieces together, I can stand back and let her handle things, thank Zenu. Sidetrack>>>As for her parents, S.'s mom talks to her like a child and talks over her whenever she tries to say something and the lack of respect for her daughter irritates me. She also has the personality type I like to classify as 'invalidator'--a person that likes to build herself up by breaking down those around her with subtle comments that make them feel unimportant. Example: S.'s dad comes home: "I had an awful day at work" Her mom: "no you didn't, my day was awful" Lots of little things like that. <<<

Edited by SL28 (06/26/12 08:06 PM)

OfflineWallflower

#16442530 - 06/26/12 08:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

First of all.

She is 24 years old. She is an adult. She chose of her own free will to eat the mushrooms. Also, most of the time first trips are amazing. Most people never have such a horrible reaction in all their tripping life.

So no, you did not break anyone's mind, OP. If a trip on less than 5 grams has triggered this reaction from shrooms, then there were underlying issues going on that nobody could have foreseen. It's tragic, and it's not your fault at all.

I also suspect that the sleep deprivation is causing most of the issues. Studies were done showing the effects of sleep deprivation (the subjects volunteered). You can look some of them up if you wish. In one that I read, two of the people by just day 3 of no sleep were freaking out severely and even hallucinating. Sleep is VERY important, and not getting it does terrible things to the mind.

InvisibleSL28
Psilonaut

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: krypto2000]
    #16442554 - 06/26/12 08:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

krypto2000,

what you went through sounds eerily similar to what S. is going through right now. Deep down inside, I believe she'll look on this last week as a life-changing experience and will be a better person for it; not because I need to believe that to make myself feel better, but because it seems to be what generally happens in these cases. I know it has been the most impactful week of my life.

OfflineWallflower

#16442572 - 06/26/12 08:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Could very well be.

My first trip was horrific and I was fucked up for a good week.

Wouldn't go back and trade it for anything, either.

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

#16442614 - 06/26/12 08:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

no one here can really tell you what to say to her because no one has talked to her so has no clue what is going on.

Joemolly telling you to just get on board with the parents makes no sense, he doesn't even know what the parents think about all this and what perspective they are approaching her with, never mind who she is or what she needs.

thanks for posting this I will remember it and know not to go to the hospital for psychotic breaks!

Invisiblefilthydee
 User Gallery

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: joemolloy]
    #16443149 - 06/26/12 10:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

Make no mistake, we are playing with insanity when tripping and hoping the game ends when it is supposed to.

brilliant.
true.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Comradez] * 1
    #16443579 - 06/27/12 12:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Comradez said:
I'm gonna be honest.  Here's what I see:

I see a situation where everyone around this person is scrambling to insert their cultural programming into her while she is still in the vulnerable state....

Good observation. The parents are trying to fix what they think SL28 broke, and SL28 is doing the same thing. Too much blame giving and taking going on here.

SL28, you mention sleep/lack of sleep constantly, more than someone who hasn't seen sleep related problems before. I wonder if your girlfriend has had sleep problems in the past?

To be honest, once the psilocybin had left her system, and wasn't influencing her mind, she should have been able to clearly distinguish reality. The fact that a full week later, she is still worrying about things that are not real is concerning. You mentioned a couple things that you said struck you as odd and I think maybe your intuition (not any supernatural sense, just the mind being sensitive to non-overt, small clues) was telling you something. She is 24 years old, nearly a bullseye for when symptoms of schizophrenia arise.

I don't want to freak you out. It just seems that everybody involved has mushrooms on the brain - meaning you, her parents and even the doctors are so focused on the mushroom trip, nobody seems to realize that mushrooms alone don't cause these problems. What needs/needed to happen was for the doctors to be able to examine her without being distracted/clouded by what they ASSUME caused her breakdown.

Good luck, and don't let people tell you it's your fault.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinerikuni

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Lucid Dreaming]
    #16443780 - 06/27/12 02:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by rikuni (03/15/14 08:45 AM)

Offlinekillyou
Strangler
Male

Loc: Acapulco Mexico
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: rikuni]
    #16443809 - 06/27/12 02:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

all people that dont believe in spirits or beings existing in other realms dont experience these beings..so their opinion is truthful to them but people who do see them are also telling the truth

with that being said I do experience these things sometimes but I know they cant hurt me because I build up on good karma if it exists or its the fact that i have told the universe that I only want to do good to the world and help people.

--------------------
There is no way you can prove I am who you think I am, nor is there anyway for me to prove to myself that I am me.

Edited by killyou (06/27/12 02:17 AM)

Invisiblebirdland

#16443847 - 06/27/12 02:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like she has some intense death anxiety and possibly experienced ego loss. The fact that her grandma is dying and she would have felt like she was dying (not knowing much about the way her ego affects reality) coupled with her great suppressed fear of death really fucked with her. Hope all goes well OP, as far as I'm aware drug induced psychosis is generally short lived. :sun:

OfflineJahLambsbread
Stranger

#16444057 - 06/27/12 05:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

HAHAHA this post is BAPHOOOONARYYYY. mushrooms= less toxic that aspirin

Isn"t it hilarious how MOST OF THE TIME when something happens with a women, then a man is blamed????
In the manson murders, the women killed but MANson was charged because of WHAT??? Because he is a man???

This mentality that tells you to a doctor for every little problem is parasite of a fruitful utopian existence. Jah Ras Tafari is my only doctor and protector.

InvisibleLucid Dreaming
Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mid South Flag
    #16444227 - 06/27/12 07:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rikuni said:

oh really, I have seen exactly the described happen to a person. Only that in this case there was a shaman and the woman was alright and totally normal in the morning. But most certainly im nuts, so take your pills and hope for healing:fasted: Good luck

LOL, your reasoning had me on my knees laughing. Thank God there just happen to be a Shaman present. God forbid if he wasn't there that ladies SOUL was for the taking. Did it ever occur to you with or without a shaman the trip would end and then Waaahlaaa I bet she would have come back to normal naturally :smile:  NO spirits needed when the body clears the chemicals from its brain. The same for the chick this thread is about. With or without your "Shaman" this chick is continuously getting better each day. You admitted with most certainty that you are nuts, and I'm bound to agree. When I take my pills for healing are there spirits in those pills making the compounds useless. I live in a world where there is cause and effect. No room for abracadabra's, where spirits are the actual cause for the pulling of the strings behind life's curtains. Also I do believe in my GOD. My belief of him consists of one where he takes no action in our lives "Free will" I believe that I was made strong enough to handle anything. So its not that I lack the ability to have faith in the unseen. You just remind me of some guy just walking out of the woods for the first time in his whole life. And now in society you speak of all the truths of your village just to find out your truths were never real.

--------------------

Any advice, or comments I make are merely opinions, past experiences or completely fabricated fictitious stories. I'm not a doctor, or professional. If you read something I post and use it as motivation or an excuse to commit an illegal act, your doing so at your own risk! Be safe, use common sense.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: JahLambsbread]
    #16444345 - 06/27/12 08:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JahLambsbread said:
This mentality that tells you to a doctor for every little problem is parasite of a fruitful utopian existence. Jah Ras Tafari is my only doctor and protector.

Call your parents, they have been worried sick wondering where you went and if you are dead or alive.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#16444374 - 06/27/12 08:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lucid Dreaming said:
Quote:

rikuni said:

oh really, I have seen exactly the described happen to a person. Only that in this case there was a shaman and the woman was alright and totally normal in the morning. But most certainly im nuts, so take your pills and hope for healing:fasted: Good luck

LOL, your reasoning had me on my knees laughing.

Sad, but this kind of thinking is getting more mainstream every day. Just look at the History Channel... but not for too long or it will suck the common sense right out of your head.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#16444425 - 06/27/12 09:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rikuni said:

oh really, I have seen exactly the described happen to a person. Only that in this case there was a shaman and the woman was allright and totally normal in the morning. But most certainly im nuts, so take your pills and hope for healing:fasted: Good luck

that's because she was tripping tits. most people wake up in the morning fine after a night of tripping. this woman didn't. that's what would differentiate a dark trip from a psychotic break

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-baked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Flag
    #16444744 - 06/27/12 10:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey jah... you claim to follow the rastafarian religion (I personally hate all religions) but your vibes arnt irie.. you sound like a sexist to me. Manson was charged for those murders because he was the mastermind. He would brainwash not just women, but men too. He just targeted women more because he could get them all fucked up, rape them without them even knowing it cause they are so fucked up, and get them to follow him with whatever he said. He was a pretty fucked up guy, and like you probably are, he was a womanizer. I'm sorry you chose such a fucked up role model. I've never heard of a woman-hating rastafarian though... that's new haha.

--------------------
DFTBA Dont forget to be awesome

:mindblown:

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#16444815 - 06/27/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JahLambsbread said:
HAHAHA this post is BAPHOOOONARYYYY. mushrooms= less toxic that aspirin

:facepalm3: toxicity has nothing to do with psychosis.

InvisibleLucid Dreaming
Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mid South Flag
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16444962 - 06/27/12 11:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

Any advice, or comments I make are merely opinions, past experiences or completely fabricated fictitious stories. I'm not a doctor, or professional. If you read something I post and use it as motivation or an excuse to commit an illegal act, your doing so at your own risk! Be safe, use common sense.

InvisibleSL28
Psilonaut

#16445509 - 06/27/12 01:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

S.'s doctor has not given me a diagnosis or logical cause but here is my guess given my limited background: The psychotic break was not a direct result of the mushrooms. The mushrooms created an impactful (albeit terrifying) experience that, when followed with 4 days without sleep, exacerbated the delirium from the sleep deprivation. She's much, much better and with a bit of guidance from a professional that has a background in this sort of thing, she will probably come out of the mess better than when we got into it.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract