Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Kerry: Bush misled Americans on war
    #1644416 - 06/19/03 12:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I don't like Republicans or Democrats, but I think this is a bold stance by John Kerry. This is going to be interesting.
Yahoo News

By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer

LEBANON, N.H. - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry said Wednesday that President Bush (news - web sites) broke his promise to build an international coalition against Iraq (news - web sites)'s Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) and then waged a war based on questionable intelligence.

"He misled every one of us," Kerry said. "That's one reason why I'm running to be president of the United States."

Kerry said Bush made his case for war based on at least two pieces of U.S. intelligence that now appear to be wrong ? that Iraq sought nuclear material from Africa and that Saddam's regime had aerial weapons capable of attacking the United States with biological material.

Still, Kerry said it is too early to conclude whether or not war with Iraq was justified. There needs to be a congressional investigation into U.S. intelligence on Iraq, he said.

"I will not let him off the hook throughout this campaign with respect to America's credibility and credibility to me because if he lied he lied to me personally," he said.

Kerry fielded several questions about Iraq from a small group of anti-war Democrats after he addressed about 250 people in a downtown Lebanon park.

Kerry supported the war and said Wednesday, "I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone." But the Massachusetts senator has criticized the president's diplomatic efforts. He that concern Wednesday saying Bush had alienated U.S. allies in the runup to war.

As for the question about U.S. intelligence, Kerry said he has led the call for a congressional investigation and pledged, "We will get to the bottom of this."

Kerry said his service in the Vietnam war and his experience as a member of the Foreign Relations Committee and former member of the Intelligence Committee of the Senate make him the Democrat best suited to question Bush's efforts on foreign policy.

"I believe I can hold President Bush accountable if they have misled us," he said.

Addressing senior citizens in Hanover later in the evening, Kerry said he supported a congressional investigation because it was not clear whether Bush acted on poor, distorted or politicized intelligence.

"I don't have the answer," he said. "I want the answer and the American people deserve the answer. I will get to the bottom of this."

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Kerry: Bush misled Americans on war [Re: Learyfan]
    #1644448 - 06/19/03 12:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"I believe I can hold President Bush accountable if they have misled us," he said."

What a fuck. I bet he is just iching to be president and get some more wealth/power for himself and followers. Him and bush are the same shit different pile....doesn't matter what ya ate for dinner,,,,

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Kerry: Bush misled Americans on war [Re: Learyfan]
    #1644454 - 06/19/03 12:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Kerry is a masshole who wouldn't have the good sense to run away if he was a slave.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

Re: Kerry: Bush misled Americans on war [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1645902 - 06/19/03 09:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

What does kerry have to do with the Bush administration being frauds? You always just insult people and you never have anything real to say.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Kerry: Bush misled Americans on war [Re: ]
    #1645959 - 06/19/03 09:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You must not have noticed his name was the very first word in the subject line?

Sloppy work.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion