Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: Cool mist output [Re: frizzed]
    #1673855 - 06/30/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ultrasonic is not necessarily bad, it just provides too much moisture for most setups. Also, coolmist blows the vapor water out, so you also get good air circulation. Ultrasonic kind of seep the vapor out in a fog.

With an ultrasonic, timer is almost always required, or at least extremely careful management to prevent over saturation. With a cool mist you can be a little more sloppy and you also don't need to fan with the proper setup to allow for air circulation. For instance, putting small holes in the bottom of the terrarium.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrizzed
Stranger withCandy
Re: Cool mist output [Re: kukusz]
    #1674046 - 06/30/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

super, thanks for the response.

so if they dont really blow hard then if you used a length of tube in a spiral to the fruiting chamber wouldnt that give you good low level gas exchange and humidity too?

or is there NO gas exchange?

--------------------
sex.

Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
    #1674400 - 06/30/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You mean with the ultrasonic? I think that the gas exchange is limited with a ultrasonic to the point of requiring some other form of gas exchange, even if you pipe it in. Maybe piping the vapor in at the top and having a very airtight lid AND having holes along the bottom of the terrarium would allow for sufficient gas exchange.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

OfflineDr_Bloothumb
WTFWJD
Male

Loc: IL
Re: Cool mist output [Re: kukusz]
    #1675020 - 06/30/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i have used both cool mist and ultrasonic. Cool mist does indeed put out more air. right now i use an ultrasonic. i lowered the mist output by putting in another potentiometer, 0 to 10k, and it makes less than half the fog with the same amount of air. Also, my chamber has a perlite floor and small fan that turns on for 15 min twice every hour. I don't use the perlite/fan until pinheads start to form though.

--------------------
Guinness- It's what's for dinner!

OfflineMAGICSNOOP
mob boss
Loc: bud park
    #1675147 - 06/30/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

mines says ultrasonic cool mist i get a few of them so i know it says ultrasonic cool mist

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix