Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetokinman21
Stranger
Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! * 1
    #15612412 - 01/03/12 08:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I experienced this quite a while ago.  Lyrica is a fibromyalgia drug...supposedly you don't need a prescription for it and you can order it online, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.  Anyway, the lyrica by itself provided a mild, alcohol-type buzz.  Mixed with weed, it was straightup psychedelic.  Like, seriously, I've never seen anything potentiate weed like this...it's insane.

I just saw a commercial for the stuff, so I figured I'd make a thread on it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: tokinman21] * 1
    #15612533 - 01/03/12 09:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Have you smoked weed while on shrooms before, it's :vibin:

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger
Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: psilocybinjunkie] * 1
    #15612553 - 01/03/12 09:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Have you smoked weed while on shrooms before, it's :vibin:

Haha well that's different, I'm not really counting psychedelics.  Weed on major psychedelics is just a whole different ball game.  Lyrica feels more like a benzo or something similar, but then when you smoke it rockets you into this bizarre sort of psychedelia of its own.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: tokinman21] * 2
    #15612564 - 01/03/12 09:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ah.. 
Benzo's + beer + weed :tee:

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger
    #15612599 - 01/03/12 09:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Ah.. 
Benzo's + beer + weed :tee:

benzos and booze scare me.  When I was in highschool I took a light benzo dose with a buddy a couple years older than me, and his sister was also a friend of mine who was in my grade.  Neither of us had done any benzos and didn't think we were feeling it, so my buddy suggested a little alcohol because he'd heard they mixed nice.  His sister gave us each a bottle of smirnof ice or something, and after that one little bottle (basically equivalent to a beer) I have two flash memories of the entire rest of the night: playing a game of pool, and her yelling at me because she thought I was lying about that being all I drank and how stupid I was because it was a school night.

But, on a more related note, if you have the chance I would definitely check out this Lyrica stuff.  I compared it to a benzo, but it's really not similar, I've never felt anything like it...very interesting.  Careful though, the person I knew who had the bottle seemed to have gotten rather addicted.  I'm not sure if it was mental or physical...this same person sold his fucking TV for weed, so who knows. :shrug:

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #15614057 - 01/04/12 07:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone reacts differently to certain drugs, and supposedly Lyrica is one of those - I was on HEAVY doses of Lyrica for almost a year for nerve pain due to a back injury, and during that time I was using weed as a pain killer to supplement all the other (non-narcotic) pain killers which were barely working.

I felt no difference in the weed from the Lyrica. None whatsoever.

Just wanted to put in my :2cents: before people start buying Lyrica from Canadian online pharmacies...  Hmmm, actually I have quite a few left... :wink:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: gornyhuy] * 1
    #15614259 - 01/04/12 08:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Is it possible that you just got REALLY high. Im reading about this pregabalin(lyrica) stuff and it says its not effective until a week after use. What do you think?

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: underfliptown] * 1
    #15614908 - 01/04/12 12:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

underfliptown said:
Is it possible that you just got REALLY high. Im reading about this pregabalin(lyrica) stuff and it says its not effective until a week after use. What do you think?

I can attest to the time delay as well... Lyrica is a "tonic" type of drug, in that it takes several days at least for it to build up in your system, and then several days after you stop taking it for it to wear off.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger
    #15615358 - 01/04/12 02:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Myself and several other people all experienced the same thing, so maybe it's just because you were actually using it for medical purposes?

All of us felt surprisingly intoxicated off 3-6 of the little guys within half hour to an hour, and all of us "tripped" when we smoked weed.

OfflineSeriously_Spaced
Psychedelic Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: California,United States ... Flag
    #15615415 - 01/04/12 02:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I take lyrica everyday and smoke weed everyday but when i dont take the lyrica i dont notice ANY difference nor do i feel that it enhances my high.Im thinking placebo effect

--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger
Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: Seriously_Spaced] * 1
    #15615475 - 01/04/12 02:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_Spaced said:
I take lyrica everyday and smoke weed everyday but when i dont take the lyrica i dont notice ANY difference nor do i feel that it enhances my high.Im thinking placebo effect

No, it was an EXTREME effect.  It's probably just because you are taking it for actual medical purposes, I would think.

OfflineSeriously_Spaced
Psychedelic Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: California,United States ... Flag
    #15615585 - 01/04/12 03:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Oh i see i thought you had fibro myalsia in that case i actually  have heard of lyrica making people freaking stupid high because my friends have tied my meds ahaha yeah it couldve happend

--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger
Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: Seriously_Spaced] * 1
    #15615601 - 01/04/12 03:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_Spaced said:
Oh i see i thought you had fibro myalsia in that case i actually  have heard of lyrica making people freaking stupid high because my friends have tied my meds ahaha yeah it couldve happend

Yeah, it was unreal.  I couldn't even believe what it did to me, it was this sort of trippy alcohol buzz and then when I smoked weed it was very...colorful.  Like, so bright it almost hurt my eyes sort of colorful, it was weird...it wasn't like, say, LSD, where everything gets bright and it's awesome.  The colors were awesome for sure, but it was almost uncomfortable, and if I recall the combination caused a major panic attack in one of my friends.  Another friend said he remembered looking at a light and seeing colored light basically just pouring out of it, if I remember properly.

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

#15616313 - 01/04/12 05:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tokinman21 said:
Myself and several other people all experienced the same thing, so maybe it's just because you were actually using it for medical purposes?

All of us felt surprisingly intoxicated off 3-6 of the little guys within half hour to an hour, and all of us "tripped" when we smoked weed.

I think the normal dosage is two or three max per day, taken at separate times, and you are supposed to slowly build up to that over time... so, yeah hitting it that hard that fast could be a whole different story.

Careful with that shit man, it does some crazy stuff to your central nervous system.

--------------------

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger
    #15617273 - 01/04/12 08:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gornyhuy said:
Quote:

tokinman21 said:

I think the normal dosage is two or three max per day, taken at separate times, and you are supposed to slowly build up to that over time... so, yeah hitting it that hard that fast could be a whole different story.

Careful with that shit man, it does some crazy stuff to your central nervous system.

Yeah, at the time I researched it and could find nothing dangerous about it...I have no intention of revisiting it however, I just thought I would make a post on it for the purposes of weed potentiation in case anyone comes across it and wants to check it out.

OfflineTetsuo
Stranger
    #16440846 - 06/26/12 02:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm NOT telling you guys what to do I'm just telling you what happened to ME ok ? I also don't want or need any sympathy, this is a simple WARNING.

I have been posting this on all the Fibromyalgia boards but have just found out that Tramadol & Lyrica are used as a recreational drug so I joined here and a few other Marijuana forums.

As a warning to all who consider Marijuana/Hash & Tramadol, Lyrica for whatever reason, I would like to share my personal experience.

I'm a 200lb, healthy (looking lol) 43yo man, who had never touched Marijuana until 3 days ago.

I'm currently taking 600mg Tramadol, 150mg Lyrica daily and a Norspan 20mg patch weekly for my Fibromyalgia. I have a lot of trouble sleeping and had only 6hrs of sleep in 3 days when my neighbour suggested some Hash cake would probably make me sleep for 2 days. I resisted his suggestion at first but was finally convinced after he googled Weed and Tramadol and didn't find anything bad.

Within one hour of being given a large slice of the hash cake I was in a bad way.

It caused me very disturbing symptoms:

Mental symptoms:
Anxiety
Massive Paranoia
Hearing voices/sounds
Hallucinations
Self harm ideation
Speech cluttering

Physical symptoms:
Delirium
Loss of balance/motor control
Rapid eye blinking
Dry mouth/throat
Excessive thirst
Over hydration in response to the thirst
Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty)
Coughing/Belching/Gulping
Crippling muscular & joint pain
Feeling of intense boiling heat
Convulsions
Parosmia (intense perception of odours)
Blurry/double vision
Pleuritic pain (Chest pain) I thought I was having a heart attack so was banging on my own chest to try to restart my heart. I have bruising on my right pectoral muscle.

All of this is documented by people who had similar experiences here :
http://www.ehealthme.com/drug-interactions/lyrica-and-hash
http://www.ehealthme.com/drug-interactions/tramadol- hydrochloride-and-hash

I also desperately wanted to be dead, even though I have a 5yo son and a strong will to live. If I'd had a gun in the house I would have shot myself in the head without hesitation to make it all stop. It's the worst experience in my life and it went on for 8hrs before anybody got there to help me.

My doctor said if I hadn't vomited up the cake and extra Tramadol and Lyrica I’d taken, I'd have quite possibly slipped into a coma. As I'd done a VERY good job of barricading the front door of my house because of the rampant paranoia. It would have been a long time before anybody could have got in to offer me medical assistance.

Currently I'm not allowed to take my Tramadol OR Lyrica until they are sure most of the THC has left my system. So I'm in a LOT of pain.

I was still slightly stoned 30hrs after eating the cake and even this morning 53hrs later was having mild effects due to residual interactions between Tramadol, Lyrica and Marijuana.

So yeah, Marijuana (Hash) and Tramadol, Lyrica etc. NOT a good idea.
Not a fun high guys. Surely there are safer recreational meds ?

Be warned and warn those you care about HmmK ?

Jorn

Incidently BEFORE this I was Pro Legalization as I live in South Australia or as the English backpackers call it "South Amsterdam"

Offlineuman603
Dome

Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: Tetsuo] * 1
    #16440916 - 06/26/12 02:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If it was your first time ever touching marijuana, many of your symptoms may have been due to just getting REALLY stoned off of an edible. Some strong edibles can be very overwhelming to people with low/no tolerance. Not saying the other drugs have no effect, just giving my own personal input

--------------------
Nothing I post is an accurate depiction of my real life. Everything is made up.

Offlinemrjynxx
Shroomerer

Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: uman603] * 1
    #16441451 - 06/26/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

uman603 said:
If it was your first time ever touching marijuana, many of your symptoms may have been due to just getting REALLY stoned off of an edible. Some strong edibles can be very overwhelming to people with low/no tolerance. Not saying the other drugs have no effect, just giving my own personal input

I reckon it was probably the combo of Lyrica and weed that caused all the fucked-upedness.. Pregabalin can be a really weird drug.

4 years ago, I was senior designer at a smallish company. They pushed me and pushed me and pushed me to work harder and harder as the company was going down the pan. Into work at 5 in the morning, then working fucking hard till 10 at night, every fucking day. As a result, I turned to Xanax and Pregabalin, both of which I sourced from the Interweb..

Anyway, point of my story is that one day, a big bundle of pregabalin turned up at my office one morning. I ordered shitloads at a time as it got shipped from Asia and took an age to get to the UK. Through that day, I got through nigh on a gram of pregabalin. And it caused me the maddest closed eye hallucinations I've ever experienced off anything, with the possible exception of DMT. Massive crystalline tunnels that bubbled, grew, twisted and changed colour as I shot through them at a thousand miles an hour.

I never mixed pregs with weed but I have mixed trams with weed without ill effect. I reckon it was the pregs messed you up. Hope you're all fixed and ok now! :smile:

Offlinedrewbocop
Philosoraptor
Male

Re: Lyrica + Weed = HOLY SHIT! [Re: mrjynxx] * 1
    #16441578 - 06/26/12 04:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I just said this in another thread the other day...

Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Neurontin (Gabapentin) can both get you extremely high at first. Light to mild euphoria, huge loss of balance, even trippy visuals the first couple times. But that high only lasts a couple days at most. Soon, it's anti-anxiety effects and nerve pain analgesia are all that remain, and even those effects you can't feel. I took this stuff every day for about 4 months. I actually found it quite helpful as I had just got off opiates for good. Very good drug, but tolerance builds VERY rapidly.

--------------------

OfflineHookd89
Stranger

#20994257 - 12/18/14 01:49 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm about to smoke some good exos and I took 525 mg of pregabalin the high is really weird not strong at all, I've done a lot of everything lmao and this drug is way different I'm not having a problem focusing. I was really tired when the high first kicked in but that feeling went away fairly quickly. The high feels like I've snorted about six percs. I wouldn't suggest taking it unless you have nothing to do I'm really lazy and wana smoke I'll update once I hit the bong

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom