Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Pluteus salicinus help!!! Has anyone found these???
    #1644023 - 06/19/03 10:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I live in illinois and am very interested in finding a few good Pluteus salicinus. i was hopong that someone with experence with this mushie could help guide me to it. also i can not find any good pictures or detailed id guides on the net, could someone give me a good hard shove in the right direction?
Also i have read different reports on blue brusing, does it occour and if so does it take the standard 15-30 seconds like cubes do?
thanks and peace
zippoz  :stoned: :grin: :smile: :cool: :laugh: :wink: :mushroom2:   

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Pluteus salicinus help!!! Has anyone found these??? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1644054 - 06/19/03 10:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

IT is a fall shroom growin in wood debruis, bark, mulch, etc. There is a photo posted at my site at:

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm

It is a shroom with pink gills and stains blue.
And have a shroomy day.

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: Pluteus salicinus help!!! Has anyone found these??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1645216 - 06/19/03 04:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I found a bluing pluteus species about 6 or 7 years ago in a river flood plain area. They were found in the early fall. They were large mushrooms, caps were 6 inches across or more on some specimens. Some of the caps were a light greenish- gray color, but the majority were more light buff colored (probably from drying out). I knew they were some type of Pluteus species at nearly first glance, but some of the stem bases were a greenish -blue color, which is what drew my attention.  I kicked a mushroom over and the rest of the stem blued immediately. I checked several, and they all did this. I thought it was odd, but at the time, I had never heard of an active Pluteus.Several months later I purchased Stamet's book, and saw the pic of Pluteus salicinus in it. It looked nearly identical to the mushies I had found. I've since been back to the same area, every year, around the same time
( I have to check wood-duck boxes), with camera in hand and haven't found the bastards again yet. :confused: My timing sucks.
The area I found these in was forested with mainly hardwoods like river birch, oaks, hickory, sycamore etc. The area was fairly clear of underbrush, probably from floods. The mushrooms were growing from the wood debris on the ground.
It would be great if someone could find one of the active pluteus species and get some good pics.  :cool:

doo 

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification