Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
What is the worlds view of America?
    #1641990 - 06/18/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was watching a documentary on CBC last night asking that question...it was fairly interesting.

Here is the link...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/america/poll.html

Power

55%
Percentage of respondents who answered "very favourable" or "fairly favourable" when asked how they felt towards America, with Canadians second in line for the most favourable responses (after respondents in the U.S., of course). Overall, 37 per cent of respondents answered "very unfavourable" or "fairly unfavourable."

U.S. President George Bush
57%
Percentage of respondents who answered "very unfavourable" or "fairly unfavourable" when asked what they thought of U.S. President George W. Bush, with respondents in Jordan, France, Brazil and Indonesia the most unfavourable. Overall, 35 per cent of respondents answered "very favourable" or "fairly favourable."

81%
Percentage of respondents from France who described Americans as arrogant. More than half of American respondents agreed.

89%
Percentage of American respondents who agreed with the statement that "America is the best country in the world in which to live." Ten per cent disagreed.

6%
Percentage of Canadian respondents who said the U.S. is a better place to live than Canada. Ninety per cent said it was not better than Canada.

4 out of 5
Proportion of overall respondents who said they would not like to live in the United States if given the chance.

3 out of 4
Proportion of American respondents who said they would not like to go live outside the U.S. if they had the chance. An overwhelming majority of American respondents (96 per cent) said people outside the U.S. want to come and live there.

81%
Percentage of Australian respondents who said Australia is becoming more like the U.S.

2 out of 3
Proportion of Canadian respondents who agreed with the statement "America is a force for good in the world."

1 out of 3
Proportion of Canadian respondents who agreed with the statement "America scares me." Britain and Australia produced similar results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Culture Economy Economy Economy

2 out of 3
Proportion of overall respondents who said they like American movies. Fifty-three pre cent said they like American popular music and only 39 per cent said they liked American television. Among Canadian respondents, 80 per cent said they liked American movies, 73 per cent liked American music, and 71 per cent liked American television; but only 38 per cent said they liked American Web sites.

54%
Percentage of overall respondents who said they don't like American food. One of five American respondents agreed.

24%
Percentage of overall respondents who named "Coke" when asked to name an American product. Next in line was "McDonalds" with 10 per cent.

13%
Percentage of respondents in Indonesia who named "KFC" or "Kentucky Fried Chicken" when asked to name an American product. In South Korea, 14 per cent named "Nike."

2 out of 3
Proportion of Israeli respondents who said their country is less cultured than the United States. Only 23 per cent of Canadian respondents thought the U.S. more cultured. (Culture was taken to mean showing or having good taste, manners, upbringing and education.)

44%
Percentage of American respondents who said the United States is the most cultured country in the world. Fifty-four per cent disagreed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Economy

40%
Percentage of Canadian respondents who said American economic policies make Canada poorer. Thirty-one per cent said richer, 18 per cent said there was no effect, and 11 per cent said they don't know.

60%
Percentage of American respondents who think other countries want to copy the way the U.S. runs its economy. However, only 23 per cent of non-American respondents said their country should run its economy like the U.S.

Military Saddam Hussein

48%
Percentage of respondents in South Korea who say the U.S. is a bigger threat to world peace and stability than North Korea. Thirty-nine per cent said the opposite. Overall, respondents said the United States was more dangerous to world peace and stability than China, Russia, France, Iran and Syria. American respondents answered the opposite on all accounts.

2 out of 3
Proportion of Russian respondents who said America's superior military power makes the world a more dangerous place. Thirty-seven per cent of Canadian respondents agreed, while 41 per cent said the military power of the U.S. makes the world a safer place.

More than 90%
Percentage of respondents in Jordan, South Korea and Brazil who said the U.S. military could do more to avoid civilian casualties in military conflicts. Two out of three American respondents said the U.S. does enough.

Saddam Hussein
56%
Percentage of overall respondents who said the U.S. was wrong to invade Iraq. Thirty-seven per cent said the U.S. was right to invade. Fifty-one per cent said life for the Iraqi people will be better now that Saddam Hussein is gone, while only 20 per cent said life will be worse for them. Twenty per cent said it will make no difference and nine per cent said they don't know. Only 21 per cent believed the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq would result in an independent Iraqi regime.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Rono]
    #1642003 - 06/18/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

81%
Percentage of respondents from France who described Americans as arrogant.

Bwahahahahaha!

Sorry, but the idea of the French calling anyone "arrogant" just cracks me up.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Phred]
    #1642004 - 06/18/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I actually found that kind of amusing as well...

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1642048 - 06/18/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

55%
Percentage of respondents who answered "very favourable" or "fairly favourable" when asked how they felt towards America, with Canadians second in line for the most favourable responses (after respondents in the U.S., of course). Overall, 37 per cent of respondents answered "very unfavourable" or "fairly unfavourable."

It's always easy to pick on #1.

Quote:

57%
Percentage of respondents who answered "very unfavourable" or "fairly unfavourable" when asked what they thought of U.S. President George W. Bush, with respondents in Jordan, France, Brazil and Indonesia the most unfavourable. Overall, 35 per cent of respondents answered "very favourable" or "fairly favourable."

He can be annoying but he's much better than the other choice at the time.

Quote:

81%
Percentage of respondents from France who described Americans as arrogant. More than half of American respondents agreed.

Even I'll agree with that, but rightly so. We are arrogant but the French are arrogant buffoons.

Quote:

89%
Percentage of American respondents who agreed with the statement that "America is the best country in the world in which to live." Ten per cent disagreed.

The 10% are obviously morons.

Quote:

6%
Percentage of Canadian respondents who said the U.S. is a better place to live than Canada. Ninety per cent said it was not better than Canada.

It's the cold. It has affected their brains.

Quote:

4 out of 5
Proportion of overall respondents who said they would not like to live in the United States if given the chance.

Good. Too many freeloaders here now.

Quote:

3 out of 4
Proportion of American respondents who said they would not like to go live outside the U.S. if they had the chance. An overwhelming majority of American respondents (96 per cent) said people outside the U.S. want to come and live there.

Why leave the best? I think that's the rest is probably true.

Quote:

81%
Percentage of Australian respondents who said Australia is becoming more like the U.S.

It's only a matter of time before more do.

Quote:

2 out of 3
Proportion of Canadian respondents who agreed with the statement "America is a force for good in the world."

Where did they find some Canadians with their heads NOT up their asses?  :grin:

Quote:

1 out of 3
Proportion of Canadian respondents who agreed with the statement "America scares me." Britain and Australia produced similar results.

BOO!

Quote:

2 out of 3
Proportion of overall respondents who said they like American movies. Fifty-three pre cent said they like American popular music and only 39 per cent said they liked American television. Among Canadian respondents, 80 per cent said they liked American movies, 73 per cent liked American music, and 71 per cent liked American television; but only 38 per cent said they liked American Web sites.

39% like American TV? I retract my previous ass statement.

Quote:

54%
Percentage of overall respondents who said they don't like American food. One of five American respondents agreed.

Depends what you eat I guess. Much American food is tasteless.

Quote:

24%
Percentage of overall respondents who named "Coke" when asked to name an American product. Next in line was "McDonalds" with 10 per cent.

13%
Percentage of respondents in Indonesia who named "KFC" or "Kentucky Fried Chicken" when asked to name an American product. In South Korea, 14 per cent named "Nike."

OK

Quote:

2 out of 3
Proportion of Israeli respondents who said their country is less cultured than the United States. Only 23 per cent of Canadian respondents thought the U.S. more cultured. (Culture was taken to mean showing or having good taste, manners, upbringing and education.)

Well.

Quote:

44%
Percentage of American respondents who said the United States is the most cultured country in the world. Fifty-four per cent disagreed.

BURP!

Quote:

40%
Percentage of Canadian respondents who said American economic policies make Canada poorer. Thirty-one per cent said richer, 18 per cent said there was no effect, and 11 per cent said they don't know.

Silly Canoodians!

Quote:

60%
Percentage of American respondents who think other countries want to copy the way the U.S. runs its economy. However, only 23 per cent of non-American respondents said their country should run its economy like the U.S.

Yes, so many would have to give up handouts if it was like the US. Can you imagine all those freeloaders having to all of a sudden get a job?

Quote:

48%
Percentage of respondents in South Korea who say the U.S. is a bigger threat to world peace and stability than North Korea. Thirty-nine per cent said the opposite. Overall, respondents said the United States was more dangerous to world peace and stability than China, Russia, France, Iran and Syria. American respondents answered the opposite on all accounts.

HAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! Must be the water.

Quote:

2 out of 3
Proportion of Russian respondents who said America's superior military power makes the world a more dangerous place. Thirty-seven per cent of Canadian respondents agreed, while 41 per cent said the military power of the U.S. makes the world a safer place.

The Russians are just pissed because they lost the cold war. The Canadians are just Canadian!  :grin:

Quote:

More than 90%
Percentage of respondents in Jordan, South Korea and Brazil who said the U.S. military could do more to avoid civilian casualties in military conflicts. Two out of three American respondents said the U.S. does enough.

We do far more than most.

Quote:

56%
Percentage of overall respondents who said the U.S. was wrong to invade Iraq. Thirty-seven per cent said the U.S. was right to invade. Fifty-one per cent said life for the Iraqi people will be better now that Saddam Hussein is gone, while only 20 per cent said life will be worse for them. Twenty per cent said it will make no difference and nine per cent said they don't know. Only 21 per cent believed the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq would result in an independent Iraqi regime.

It's never easy to decide.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (06/18/03 10:46 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1642055 - 06/18/03 10:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i wonder what the percentage in the US would be if they asked the average American if they gave 2 shits what others thought?  hmmff. :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1642064 - 06/18/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

...ah...the arrogance...

--------------------

Anonymous

#1642066 - 06/18/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

(Culture was taken to mean showing or having good taste, manners, upbringing and education.)

44% Percentage of American respondents who said the United States is the most cultured country in the world. Fifty-four per cent disagreed.

hahaha. that 44% is the reason the 54% are right.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1642086 - 06/18/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

...ah...the arrogance...

ah...the ability to not give a shit. It's a stress reliever, you should try it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1643533 - 06/19/03 01:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Not giving a shit? You guys sure seem to give a shit about the Iraqis.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflineQuintessence
I am Hydrogen

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1643642 - 06/19/03 03:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sir tripsalot said:
Not giving a shit? You guys sure seem to give a shit about the Iraqis.

Do we? Maybe the government.

People seem to have a hard time with this. They think The American government is shitty so they just assume that all Americans are also shitty? It's not that simple.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1643772 - 06/19/03 04:57 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Not giving a shit? You guys sure seem to give a shit about the Iraqis

and yet we still don't give a shit aboot your opinions...funny how that works. I think that's what really frosts your muffins. i can't be bothered or left worrying aboot what some Canadian thinks of me or my country, you guys seem to get upset when we push our opinions on you, likewise in the opposite direction.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1643774 - 06/19/03 04:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Again, nothing but put downs, and sad attempts to annoy, how old are you again?

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Paid]
    #1643791 - 06/19/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

quit yer fuckin' whining. If you don't like my responses feel free to ignore them. besides there wasn't a put down in my responses.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1643794 - 06/19/03 05:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

besides there wasn't a put down in my responses

Quote:

and yet we still don't give a shit aboot your opinions 

Ah so this is humour again, silly me my mistake  :confused:

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1643801 - 06/19/03 05:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

quit yer fuckin' whining.

Ah i c, so any thing aimed at you, you don't like is whining.
You must have many many friends  :rolleyes:
Do you hear what you consider whining outside the Internet in real life?If so that could actually explain a little bit about your self.So please answer for my curiosity.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1643872 - 06/19/03 06:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ah so this is humour again, silly me my mistake

One of many. You should probably not comment on a subject you obviously have no understanding of.

Of course, then you could say precious little.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1643917 - 06/19/03 06:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ah so this is humour again, silly me my mistake

how is this a put down? Do you care what my opinions are? If so then that's truley sad. I'll say it again. Quit yer whining.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1643920 - 06/19/03 06:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ah i c, so any thing aimed at you, you don't like is whining.
You must have many many friends

Actually i have many friends, i'll say hi to them for you this weekend when i'm surrounded by them.

Quote:

Do you hear what you consider whining outside the Internet in real life?

yes i do. Many people whine in my "real life". It's just as annoying as those that whine ON the internet.

Quote:

If so that could actually explain a little bit about your self.So please answer for my curiosity.

that made absolutly no sense. Quit trying to sound like you know what your saying.

quit yer whining

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1644370 - 06/19/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Luvs, inny...get a room.

America is shit.  I would not go there for any reason.  I couldn't care less that they couldn't care less of what i think of them....the fact remains that the tarnish of your values is starting to show, and the rest of the world is getting thier panties in a twist when your president starts unauthorised invasions under false pretenses.

We all know as long as americans have mc donals for a diet and flatscreen tv, whatever else happens is irrelevent..."we're number 1" :tongue:

Oh, and canadians are hardly much better.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: What is the worlds view of America? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1644376 - 06/19/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Luvs, inny...get a room.

Ummm..... ewwwww.

Although judging by the way he's been tagging along after me.......

I'll just wait patiently for the homophobe comment now Alpo.

:smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale