Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Silly Negroes
    #1643631 - 06/19/03 02:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/06/18/michigan.unrest/index.html

Oh... I hope people don't throw rocks at me.  :tongue:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1643653 - 06/19/03 03:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How many "negroes" do you know?

My only wish is a negro had been sat beside you when you posted that.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Xlea321]
    #1643656 - 06/19/03 03:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I know about as many negroes as there are roads I've walked down. What's your point?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1643661 - 06/19/03 03:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Why do i get the feeling you don't know any?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1643678 - 06/19/03 03:31 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Poor perception, distorted by your desire to be some kind of saviour for people you percieve as being downtrodden, but in reality you just have social Munchausen by proxy syndrome.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1643695 - 06/19/03 03:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nice astute observation.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1643706 - 06/19/03 04:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, I believe you, you know lots of black people..mr baby hitler who makes posts about silly negroes.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1643753 - 06/19/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know any whiney black people. Maybe that's my problem.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1643754 - 06/19/03 04:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

those "silly" negros live in a place were ploice violence has gone unchecked for some time !

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1643760 - 06/19/03 04:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Tell us about your trip. How long were you there?

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1643770 - 06/19/03 04:55 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Couldn't expect anything else from some one with hitler in there name, ho hum, hickville usa.

Does make you wonder though, why these people who's sole
purpose is to annoy, are allowed to post unchecked, and a mod at that.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Paid]
    #1643782 - 06/19/03 05:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That's the spirit!

Scumbag Palestinians
Silly Negroes
Stoopid Americanz

You're one of us now.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1643790 - 06/19/03 05:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes i am one of you, a fellow human, i know you then like to break that down into little categories like "towel head" " silly Negro" "libbie"and so on but in actual fact these people are not so different from you, theres no need to fear what you don't understand, i relise to some one like your self that rasisum and bigotry are nice easy places for you to go to when you see something you don't understand.

But try growing up and facing the world ;-) its not such a bad place to visit sometime.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1643803 - 06/19/03 05:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You want me so bad to be what you need me to be for you to be what you already are.

The bigot is thee.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1643823 - 06/19/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you say so ;-)

Are you in your happy place now?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1643851 - 06/19/03 05:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's usually the true racist / bigot that is so quick to toss the term out.

It's ridiculous that you expect everyone to tow the same line as you.

The more that some people wish or try to force others to believe as they do, the less likely it is that it will ever happen.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Re: Silly Negroes [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1643891 - 06/19/03 06:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

lol, I'm trying to force nothing, force is the easy way, used by the right wing.(insults are a form of force on the internet)

I'm mearly observing and learning, you stay just the way you are if
thats comfortable for you, it wouldnt rest to easy on my soul if i were you, but each to there own.

I feel words like charity, compassion and freedom of choice are
actually good things, not that i would attempt to "Force" yourself to view these in the same way.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1643892 - 06/19/03 06:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It's usually the true racist / bigot that is so quick to toss the term out.

You do think that hu?
Strange.I find they usally try to hide the fact with humourose insults.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1643905 - 06/19/03 06:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It must be something in the water that's distorting your view of the world.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1643957 - 06/19/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Borrowed from a post in another forum, but sadly accurate.

And this applies to so many in this forum....

"The principle feature of American liberalism is sanctimoniousness. By loudly denouncing all bad things-war and hunger and date rape-liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things. . . . It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal."

- P.J. O'Rourke

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1643980 - 06/19/03 07:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yet another....

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child--miserable, as all spoiled
children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic, and useless.
Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

- P.J. O'Rourke

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1644091 - 06/19/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Prejudice : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1644106 - 06/19/03 08:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the definition and the attention.

Try one that actually applies though.

I do admit to predjudice of stupidity and liars though, so I guess you got me there.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1644257 - 06/19/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've no idea who P.J. O'Rourke  is, but he sounds like your father?
So i don't think I'll look into it.
Interessting how you choose to quote others, i suppose it
adds fuel to my belief, that you hold no views of your own, and are purely here for the purpose of your little hobbie "Annoying people"

But is that it now? Just attempts to put down Liberals?

As attempts to put me down for my liberal view point, actually
reafirm it to me, thats its the correct view point for myself :-)

You see calling myself a liberal sits much easyer on my shoulders that
calling myself, conservative, far right, neocon, neonazi.

Don't you just like the sound of the word liberal ? i do  :stoned:
Let alone what it stands for, and means, all in all a pretty good word imo.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1644264 - 06/19/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, what I'm laughing at is the inability of liberals to think for themselves, their lack of a sense of humor, their "we're more righteous than you" attitude, and their lack of faith in their fellow man.

If that makes you proud to be one, I'm happy for you.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1644292 - 06/19/03 10:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Of course, none of us think for ourselves lol.
Do you think this of all people that don't think like you?

and liberals lack a sense of humour? Really i cant say i agree there, as many of your posts have made me lol.

So this actually makes you laugth?The bitter twisted writings of
some one who likes to label people to feel better about there own short comings?
I
nteressting insite.

I think what really annoys you about the liberal mind set is the fact that not
only do we think for our selves, but we also think about others lives, this seems to annoy your self, i'd imagen its due to an aroggant selfishness that you seem to portray, hard to think of others
when your main priority is you own selfish needs.
Ho hum.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1644318 - 06/19/03 10:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Leaving aside the pathetic generalizations of both our posts, I'll say this....

virtually everything makes me laugh because I enjoy life. I enjoy pointing out absurdity when I see it. I just happen to see it here more than most other places.

And if thinking of others lives means you have to treat them like pathetic nit-wits who are incapable of taking care of themselves, leave me out of it.

EDIT: And I have no needs. I have everything I desire.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1644876 - 06/19/03 01:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Psilocybeingzz for being the only person to actually address the issue.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1646406 - 06/19/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Looting and rioting is, at the very least, "silly.

I think it's fair to say that anyone who loots and riots is very silly.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1646466 - 06/19/03 10:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

From what I can tell in the article, the riots do indeed seem to be pretty silly, since the guy's death appears to be his own damn fault for running from the police.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1646514 - 06/19/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

"By loudly denouncing all bad things-war and hunger and date rape-liberals testify to their own terrific goodness. More important, they promote themselves to membership in a self-selecting elite of those who care deeply about such things. . . . It's a kind of natural aristocracy, and the wonderful thing about this aristocracy is that you don't have to be brave, smart, strong or even lucky to join it, you just have to be liberal."

I personally don't take any offense whatsoever at the quote above. Especially since O'ROURKE himself is the one who claims we are an "elite aristrocracy"! (blushes)

Quote:

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child--miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic, and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."

This quote definitely requires some backup. I can just as easily say "At the core of conservatism is the spoiled child--miserable, as spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic, and useless. Conservatism is a philosophy of sniveling brats." It's a stupid quote, no better than "liberals suck", because you can just respond with "oh ya, well conservatives suck".

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Cornholio]
    #1646540 - 06/19/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

All the whites should have a riot after a dude dies on a motorcycle because of being chased by cops.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
    #1646581 - 06/19/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think there's anything at all "silly"
about how they reacted. Rioting isn't a great
idea but the story obviously isn't 'Some crazy
black people were angry about the police and
started tearing apart their town for no reason!'

Per capita income in the town is $8,965.
Close to 40 percent of the city?s families live
in poverty. The poverty rate for families with
children under five is even higher--54.2 percent.

Family median income for the town?s residents
is a mere $19,250, and 32.5 percent of households
try to survive on less than $10,000 a year. More
than 30 percent of households are without a vehicle,
and close to a fifth have no telephone service.

According to the 2000 US Census, 16.3 percent of
the Benton Harbor labor force is unemployed.

---

What would be the non-"silly" way to articulate
frustration at living in a slum in sad sad sad
poverty in the richest nation in the world?

Seriously.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#1646669 - 06/19/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Paid you are cool

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: Silly Negroes [Re: bivalve]
    #1646676 - 06/19/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I generally consider myself very liberal, and having done volunteer work in Benton Harbor, I know that the conditions there are indeed very bad (it's a poster town for those opposed to capitalism). But I don't think people should riot because some idiot killed himself on a motorcycle. I mean, is their point that the cops were unfair for chasing a black guy, or is it that the living conditions in Benton Harbor suck? If it's the first, I don't understand why cops can't chase someone who's black. If it's the second, then people were rioting for the wrong reason.

I know there's a lot of frustration in Benton Harbor, but call a turd a turd.

Edit: Your question is a good one - what should they do to articulate their frustration? I don't know.

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (06/20/03 12:40 AM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#1646701 - 06/19/03 11:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

heres my question......why was hee chased in the first place?

I heard when they found him he had weed on him, maybe thats why he ran?

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1646759 - 06/20/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That town is a poster town for an economic relocation program.

They should all get together and sell their town on eBay.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1646772 - 06/20/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

bidding starts at $2.53

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1646821 - 06/20/03 12:22 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder why there arent any jobs.

Maybe too many of the workers had bad attitudes. Maybe the people rioting ran off all the jobs.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1646830 - 06/20/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>>>What would be the non-"silly" way to articulate frustration at living in a slum in sad sad sad poverty in the richest nation in the world?

Move.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1646847 - 06/20/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hitler, I have a better solution.. the Final Solution if you will...
why don't we just kill 'em all and be done with it. problem solved?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1646879 - 06/20/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not paying for that much gas.

--------------------

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
    #1646883 - 06/20/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wouldn't they probably just end up moving from a slum
to a ghetto? Poor, black, nothing in the way of education.

I think "Move." is just a variation on, "They're just
lazy! They need to take some initiative!"* I don't think
that makes any sense.

* And not "My great-grandparents didn't riot when they
came over from Scotland/Ireland/Germany/France/wherever,
they worked hard and built something! Why can't these
coloureds do the same? Because they're lazy. I just
wish these goddamn Demmycrats would wake up and stop
coddling them. Maybe if we stopped pampering them they'd
start feeding themselves. I know what it's like to be
poor myself. Don't tell me I don't. When my dad lost
a bunch of his money daytrading last year we had to
cut down to only going out to eat three times a week
and downgrade from DSL to cable and we ate McCain's
Pizza Pockets instead of Pillsbury Pizza Pops. And,
listen, I'm not racist. Some of my best friends are
coloureds..." either.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1646923 - 06/20/03 12:57 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

They should do something besides blame other people for their problems because they are responsable for their own problems.

No, you're right. They should just pound their pud.

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: downforpot]
    #1646945 - 06/20/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
All the whites should have a riot [...]

They do. It's called, Spring Break... :smirk:

PS: Just so you all know, Baby_Hitler is NOT a racist -- nor more than the rest of us anyway; we're all racists, by the loosest definition of the word. Sadly the word gets overused, and kind of loses its meaning...

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Papaver]
    #1646953 - 06/20/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

:smirk: <-- That yellow face is racist.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1646974 - 06/20/03 01:13 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1647003 - 06/20/03 01:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ah, unity at last.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1647012 - 06/20/03 01:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

They should do something besides blame other people for their problems because they are responsable for their own problems.

But... do they have more problems then others? And if they do - why is it like that? Why are Irish, Jewish or others more sucessfull?
Because...
1. blacks are lazy & stupid.
2. the society makes it harder for them to succeed.

Answer 1 is a racists answer because it implies that they have lower capabilities and if 2 is correct then they have the right to protest.
Is there also a 3rd answer?

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Silly Negroes [Re: zeronio]
    #1647041 - 06/20/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

> But... do they have more problems then others?

Good question, but I think problems always arise when we cease to look at people as individuals and start looking at them as groups...

blacks vs. whites
rich vs. poor
educated vs. uneducated
hippie vs. goth
city mice vs. town mice.
etc...

I have always found, that as individuals, there are people in these groups that I like, and people in these groups that I try to avoid... I always try to see people as individuals, but it is hard when there are so many people in the world, and the mind always tries to group things for the expedience of linguistic exchange... :crazy:

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Papaver]
    #1647068 - 06/20/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly! I think that grouping people according to nationality makes the problems and is not relevant anymore. For example I have (probably) more in common with you (and other shroomerites) than with my co-national neighbours. :wink:

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#1647079 - 06/20/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zeronio said:
Exactly! I think that grouping people according to nationality makes the problems and is not relevant anymore. For example I have (probably) more in common with you (and other shroomerites) than with my co-national neighbours. :wink: 

j3s! 3x4c71y! :cool:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1647245 - 06/20/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Why do only some blacks have this problem and not others?

I believe that racism exists, but the actual racism that exists is nothing compared to the spectre of racism that exists in some of these (black) people's minds. Some of them want to believe that there is this nebulous force holding them down because it gives them an excuse not to try.

Some people are prejudiced against themselves for not being white. This is the most powerful form of racism in America today.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1647292 - 06/20/03 04:23 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Now I understand your point! :smile:

BTW Europe is probably the cradle of racism & xenophobia. I live very close to EU border and thousands from the 3rd world countires try to pass it illegaly every year. Last time I saw two cops arresting a black guy and they put on surgical gloves before they touched him! Crazy, ha?

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
    #1647583 - 06/20/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think there's anything "holding them down" on
purpose. There probably wasn't a racist conspiracy to
destroy their town and make them sad. But there has
to be a bit of a problem when the town just across the
river has a per capita income three times higher. It
has to be more than being scared to try.

There wasn't a racist conspiracy to destroy the town,
probably. But race probably has something to do with
why they're poor and desperate.

Racism as an excuse not to try might be a real thing
but I don't think it has much to do with why the town
was reduced to what it was and why there were people
rioting.

Race kind of a marginal issue in the whole thing,
anyways. It explains why they were rioting. The police
hate black people and black people riot a lot. (White
poor people aren't going to be rioting soon in America,
I think.) But the whole thing has a lot more to do
with class than anything else. Race is kind of a
red herring in the whole thing.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1648056 - 06/20/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bivalve said:
But there has to be a bit of a problem when the town just across the
river has a per capita income three times higher.

They should take the ferry and move!...what the hell are they thinking staying there when the town across teh river has a capita income three times higher?!

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1648097 - 06/20/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

By moving several kilometers and building houses,
they could spontaneously absorb the wealth of that
area?

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1648116 - 06/20/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bivalve said:
By moving several kilometers and building houses,
they could spontaneously absorb the wealth of that
area?

Well i was thinking more along the lines of getting a job over there, and slowly eliminating a non-prosperous town when there is one several kilometers away that is prospering.  And no, they couldn't just all go at once. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinedrfrei
journeyman
    #1648156 - 06/20/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Actually, what I'm laughing at is the inability of liberals to think for themselves, their lack of a sense of humor, their "we're more righteous than you" attitude, and their lack of faith in their fellow man.

Ummm, and how does that quote not describe right wingers, who are terrified of crossing the party line, who preach small, less intrusive government until it is a single person's right to choose something instead of a giant corporations and whose lack of faith in their fellow man to choose the way they think he should can easily be curtailed by laws (which giant corporations can then make money from).

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1649208 - 06/20/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

So, poverty in America could be solved by people
moving from places where everyone is poor to
places where everyone is rich?

There are probably hundreds or thousands of
towns in the United States that are nearly
identical to Benton Harbor. You can't just
look at its problems without context. Thirty
two point nine million Americans live in poverty.
One out of eight. (Conservatives respond: 'But
they have colour TVs, so they aren't poor!')
It's obviously not a problem of individual
psychology or even of a history of racial
oppression. Benton Harbor is one little bit
of a massive, systemic badthing that covers
the Western world.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1649379 - 06/20/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Im talking about choice. No all the problems cant be solved by poor people moving to rich areas or whatever your analogy was....

The fact remains that if I lived in benton harbour i would take what i have and go get a job in the other town...or at least try.

I agree with you on this though:
Benton Harbor is one little bit of a massive, systemic badthing that covers the Western world.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1649483 - 06/20/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bivalve said:
But the whole thing has a lot more to do
with class than anything else. Race is kind of a
red herring in the whole thing.

i think bivalve hit the nail right square in the middle of the head.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1651956 - 06/21/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Perhaps poor people ( black, white, whatever) should stop having kids they can't afford to raise and educate properly. That might be the single thing they can do to start on a road to prosperity. I'm sick up and fed of seeing the "poor" bitchin about I ain't got no job, so I can't feed my eight frickin kids. Probably never had more than a minimum wage job to start with, but feel the need to breed indiscriminately and expect me to feed their brood for them.
When I didn't have two nickels to rub together, the last damn thing I was thinking of was gettin some one pregnant.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1655803 - 06/23/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

But you have to admit....in todays society....its an acceptable excuse! :mad:

i agree with you though.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Silly Negroes [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1655830 - 06/23/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Realise when you're being sold a bunch of bullshit man. In thirties Germany you would have been saying "Damn jews got all the money - I read the other day about some damn jew rapist..". It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now.

People really havn't changed. There's always been a few people who'll have lots of kids when they're poor - back in the 60's no-one cared because life was worth living and we didn't need fucking scapegoats. Since 1980 economic policies have been deliberately followed to drive down wages, create pools of cheap slave labour, ramp up profits for the rich, destroy public services and amenties. It didn't just happen "by accident". That's your problem, not a few teenage girls getting pregnant.

Don't let yourself be fucking conned.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1655918 - 06/23/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

what a reCOCKulous thread.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1656044 - 06/23/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, damn rich people got all the money!

--------------------

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

#1656058 - 06/23/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

This right here my friend, is the funniest shit I've seen all day. I saved it. I think I want use it now when proving people wrong.

5 shrooms for you.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom