Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFyresong
Stranger

Green found... what should i do
    #1643277 - 06/19/03 01:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

In getting ready to move my babies I noticed some green on the outside of the box (weird I know) and was wondering what was going on. Cleaned it up good and looked on the inside. Somehow some crept in along the edge.

If you had read my other post I had said that mushies were coming up good on one side and the other was sorta empty.

Anyway I said screw it and took a spoon (sterilized of course) and dug around a bit. Contamination was underneath the casing. At this point on the first fruiting/flush Im not sure how to proceed. Being that I am having someone look after it for me it could be a bad time for them. Should I pick the few mushies that are close to the contamination to save them?

Should I remove the casing in that area and try to clean it up? It's a blackish green. I'm guessing future flushes are not a possibility.

Im almost tempted to try a transplant and cut the whole box in half and move the growing shrooms to a tuperware container or something (substrate/casing and all). Some of the caps are opening.. maybe just take them and make a few prints?

What do you think?
My idea.. take a big knife and saw the whole thing in half. With clean hands move it to a new container. Pray.

This bites big time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Green found... what should i do [Re: Fyresong]
    #1643326 - 06/19/03 02:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds pretty bad. Like you said "My idea.. take a big knife and saw the whole thing in half. With clean hands move it to a new container. Pray."
I think that is about all you have. I wouldn't keep any prints from them. Sounds like you may have to start over. That green shit is a mother fucker.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFyresong
Stranger

Re: Green found... what should i do [Re: Magash]
    #1643505 - 06/19/03 03:16 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well I took the advice of two people which was basically my thoughts... I transplanted and cut down..

question
the mycelium under the mushies and casing.. does it have a sorta blue tint.. (not green) in some cases?

Praying now

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip

Deleted [Re: Fyresong]
    #1643524 - 06/19/03 03:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

OfflineQuintessence
I am Hydrogen

Re: Green found... what should i do *DELETED* [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #1643537 - 06/19/03 03:33 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by NuggetsTheShaker

--------------------

OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
Re: Green found... what should i do [Re: Quintessence]
    #1643727 - 06/19/03 06:20 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, even cutting the casing won't help you. There are millions of spores from the green mold, they're already all over your casing. Likelyhood is you'll see it again on your casing in a day or two. I'd toss it outside.

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

OfflineFyresong
Stranger

Re: Green found... what should i do [Re: BetMomIsProud]
    #1644371 - 06/19/03 12:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hi all

Thanks for the help. Some of you are suggesting I put it outside and see if it will grow. Problem is my location in western Canada doesn't look to friendly for cultivation of these things.

I removed all the mushrooms this morning and doused it. (the caps were open and ready to pick) I think I might simply try to get a second flush going and if green rears it's ugly head I'll toss it away or if you think from the following info they might do ok outside I'll try that.

In the evenings the temp gets down to 46 - 55 degrees and during the day 75-80. Will this be conducive to survival? Maybe for a flush? I went over all the teq's I could but didn't find as much information for the situation that im in at the moment.

If you think it might do ok outside, should I plant the straw substrate/casing right into the dirt or what prep should I put down. Let me know if you can and I will do it after work today.

Thanks for the help people :-)

Offlinec_mathimatics
kaok
Re: Green found... what should i do [Re: Fyresong]
    #1644595 - 06/19/03 01:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you have a safe place to just keep your tupperware outside, that would be a good way to do it. Anything to keep that dark green from happening inside your place!!! It takes 3-4 months for their spores to lose potency and unless you're a professional cleaner, I've heard of entire rooms being scrubbed, bleached (down to the doornobs, ceilings, etc) and having it still creep back!!!

OfflineFyresong
Stranger

Re: Green found... what should i do [Re: c_mathimatics]
    #1644727 - 06/19/03 02:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I have to say, even though I've run into some difficulties it's been a lot of fun doing it. And the support group is great too :-)

I went home at lunch and noticed new pins coming up already.

If I keep the tupperware outside should I keep the clear lid on top or have it free breathing to the air?

FS

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation