Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHygrocybe
Walkin Wonderland
 User Gallery

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: SL28]
    #16430470 - 06/24/12 11:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The rational mind is long gone at 12g dry, you wouldn't know you were under the effects of a drug, but you claim you did. :thumbdown:

Quote:

I STRONGLY emphasized to her that 'mushrooms draw from your sub-conscious, any insecurities you have, any imbalance of emotions, anything negative you feel, any unhappiness you have with life will be multiplied one hundred-fold.

This isn't true, it's set and setting. A guided trip can be safe and therapeutic for psychological baggage.

Quote:

I kept talking to her about and repeating the simple facts that everything she experienced was induced by the mushrooms, it was purely chemical and did not open her mind to a second dark world

This contradicts the last statement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybeMAN
It gets so real sometimes.
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #16430486 - 06/24/12 11:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SL28 said:
I know and acknowledge this Nimpo. The main reason I posted was to hopefully hear stories from people that have gone through similar situations and how they turned out. If the break wasn't caused by the mushrooms, the situation could be very dire.

Wtf? You didn't ruin anyone's mind. This situation sucks, i don't think you guys should of upped the dose to 3.5. 2 grams is plenty for noobies. I'm currently fruiting a cake of cubes and am about to introduce my best friend (fiance) to them for her first psych experience ( except one experience with salvia that put her in an alternative universe supposedly ). This story makes me hesitant, I must admit. But I've done them a few time never superseding 2 grams, and though trips can seem difficult, Ive never had a psychotic break....

I'm so sorry that your dealing with this OP. It's not your fault, though I understand how you can feel responsible. But in the end she is a legal adult who made her own decisions... You should make this clear to the doctors and her parents. My fiancée parents are assholes and I could totally imagine what it's like to be in your shoes... I hope your fiance gets that much needed nights rest and can get passed the nonsense the doctors are feeding her... I'm sorry man.

OfflinepsilocybeMAN
It gets so real sometimes.
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: PeaceLove]
    #16430507 - 06/24/12 11:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nimpo said:
You ruined someones mind, OP.

All in the name of trying out a drug

Quote:

PeaceLove said:

As for Nimpo... do you usually kick a person when they are down and asking for help?

Yeah, fuck you Nimpo.

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
    #16430508 - 06/24/12 11:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

She needs a familiar environment, her parents and enjoying distractions that do not remind her of death (unlike an hospital). As you noticed, sleep is also very important. Obviously the doctors there are clueless anyway, so it would be wise to talk to her parents about getting her out, although this is probably a very tough thing to do.

Her world was shattered. Time to build it up again.

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-baked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Flag
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Lord_McLovin] * 1
    #16430547 - 06/24/12 12:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Another thing to consider is, crying is perfectly natural and holding it back and just overstressing about this in a major negative sense is gonna cause YOU to have a psychotic break! Don't forget that you can't help her if you don't take care of yourself. Stay strong, and there are people on here with hearts who care to offer possitive information. Later on, once you guys get past this and things clear up, then you can reflect on the things you shouldn't of done. But beating yourself up is not productive and only hurts the situation. You seem to have a strong mind and probably know this, judging from what you have written, but it doesn't hurt to have someone else tell you it.

--------------------
DFTBA Dont forget to be awesome

:mindblown:

Offlinehusmmoor
Invitro

#16430569 - 06/24/12 12:17 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybeMAN said:I'm so sorry that your dealing with this OP. It's not your fault, though I understand how you can feel responsible. But in the end she is a legal adult who made her own decisions... You should make this clear to the doctors and her parents. My fiancée parents are assholes and I could totally imagine what it's like to be in your shoes... I hope your fiance gets that much needed nights rest and can get passed the nonsense the doctors are feeding her... I'm sorry man.

x2

Thanks for sharing what happened here SL28. I really hope everything works out for your girlfriend.

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: PeaceLove] * 4
    #16430600 - 06/24/12 12:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You didn't kill her soul. Her soul cannot be destroyed. The drug caused a thought loop based on the realization of the truth/untruth of physical causality. Women are the intuitive and nurturing that which manifests life from causality. Men are the causality and enforce order over life. If the order is enforced over life to the point where intuition ceases, than life will no longer exist on this earth, because Love sustains life.

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#16430859 - 06/24/12 01:22 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SL28 said:
I know and acknowledge this Nimpo. The main reason I posted was to hopefully hear stories from people that have gone through similar situations and how they turned out. If the break wasn't caused by the mushrooms, the situation could be very dire.

don't listen to nimpo. that's a shitty thing for someone to say. im not going to say mushrooms can't cause psychosis... but given that psychosis took a while to settle in it's probably not a direct result of the mushrooms. she took it at a HORRIBLE time considering her grandmas death is around the corner and the bad trip probably just jiggled up ideas about death in her brain that prevented her from sleeping. im no doctor, but like gornyhuy said, a benzo might do some good. it can be used to abort trips so i'm sure it may mellow her out of her psychotic state and allow her to sleep some and relax.

anyways best of luck to you man, longterm psychosis from a single trip isn't too common so chances are she'll snap out of it. hopefully within the week but certainly within a few months at MOST would be my guess :shrug:

OfflineRen
Found in a World of Illusion
Male User Gallery

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Eywa_devotee]
    #16430992 - 06/24/12 01:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

SL28,

Your story is really heart wrenching. Most importantly I must emphasize do not blame yourself. Whatever caused your gf to break had little or nothing to do with taking shrooms. Furthermore, you are responsible for you and she is responsible for herself, period. She is suffering from intense latent problems. I wouldn't be surprised if he parents have experience little glimpses of this behavior in the past (but they will never admit it now). Remember that shrooms do not leave lasting physical effects on the brain, especially after a few uses.

I expect that your gf will fluctuate for the next few days. I am very confident she will get to sleep and get back to her old self. However, after the physicians are finished it is imperative to get her to a psychologist. Her behavior is manifestation of some type of mental dilemma. This could be genetic and/or linked to a traumatic event (I imagine involving death and or god). You yourself do not have the tools to dig up the past and help her resolve these issues. Again, you could not prevent or have caused her breakdown - it was inevitable at some point.

Finally, protect your heart. This will be a trying time, but you will be stronger afterwards. As sad as it is to think, thank goodness this is happening now before you perhaps got married and started a family...

Best of luck!

--------------------

This is a shared account, everything posted by us is entirely fictional for purposes of social experimentation and exploration.
For Trade and In search of Plant list

InvisibleLucid Dreaming
Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mid South Flag
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Ren]
    #16431021 - 06/24/12 02:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

Any advice, or comments I make are merely opinions, past experiences or completely fabricated fictitious stories. I'm not a doctor, or professional. If you read something I post and use it as motivation or an excuse to commit an illegal act, your doing so at your own risk! Be safe, use common sense.

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Lucid Dreaming]
    #16431110 - 06/24/12 02:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i cant imagine how horrible this situation must be for both of you. one time while on acid i got into a similiar thought loop and my gf at the time was also tripping hard, she thought i went crazy and started crying and freaking out, i in turn was convinced that i was crazy and was simply waiting for the guys in white coats to come bursting in and take me away, my worst trip to date. my point is that you handled this situation very well, and whether or not it seems like it at the moment you did ALOT of good by staying calm and collected, god only knows how it would have turned out if you broke down as well.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

InvisibleSL28
Psilonaut

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: psyconaught]
    #16431352 - 06/24/12 03:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the support. There was a visitation 2 hours ago and when I walked in she was talking into the phone, in a corner by herself. I look quizzically at the nurse and she says "Oh, don't worry, she's not talking to anyone. She's been doing that for about an hour." My first thought 'She didn't sleep last night, why the fuck is she not sleeping right now?' I hold back tears.

In the meeting room, her mom talks incessantly and treats her like an idiot. When I can get a word in, I speak frankly, and DO NOT treat her like she's insane. Everything she says makes sense if you understand where she's coming from. I listen to every word she says and repeat back to her things that don't make sense and work through them with her. Talking to someone like a baby when they are mentally crippled is like faking a limp with someone that is missing a leg. She slowly starts coming back around as the hour progresses, I shut her mom up and am able to get her to go to sleep. Then the hour is over, I have to leave, and know 15 minutes later she will be up and scared shitless.

Offlinesanx
Stranger

#16431689 - 06/24/12 04:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, I'm extremely sorry to hear about this. I have a friend who went through drug induced psychosis fairly recently, although the situation was a little different. My friend was an avid pot smoker, who got into LSD and compulsively abused both drugs for quite a few months. The process was quite gradual, so it took a while for people to catch on, but eventually it got the point where he started noticeably losing his grip on reality. I think he went through 3 or 4 psychotic breaks, lasting a few days each, he came down from each of them, but went into the next break as soon as he got his hands on some weed. He also wasn't eating or sleeping very much, as he had convinced himself that it was completely unnecessary to do so. Luckily his parents didn't freak out (they had experimented with psychedelics in their youth), and the closest he got to a doctor was an alternative psychiatrist with a lot of experience treating people in similar cases. He wasn't prescribed anything, and he came back to normal pretty soon after he stopped smoking pot and dropping acid. I'm not sure how well this case relates to yours, since the psychosis you are describing is darkness related, and in my friends case he felt he was becoming illuminated and living in constant euphoria. What eventually convinced him that he was losing touch with reality was the fact that he could no longer communicate with anybody, and everybody was extremely worried and trying to help him.
Besides not sleeping or eating very much, his speech was complete word salad, and his thought processes were so completely abstract that they couldn't interpret anything that was happening around him.

I hope your gf gets through her problem soon. All I can say is, that feeling guilty right now is only going to be counterproductive, and the most important thing is for you, and her parents(!) to help her through this showing her unconditional love. She WILL get through this. The fact that she is not sleeping is probably a major influence on her mental state, I can't believe the doctors aren't giving her benzos. From what I gather, your behaviour through this whole ordeal has been admirable so far.

I sincerely hope she gets better soon..

InvisibleSL28
Psilonaut

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: sanx] * 1
    #16431871 - 06/24/12 04:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for that sanx. Glad to hear your friend got better. I talked to a friend of mine, who is a pediatric neurologist, and he agrees it's curious that they never took down her family medical history. My biggest fear is schizophrenia brought to the surface by stimulating the 5-HT serotonin receptors. But I'm not doctor, so I guess I'm talking out of my back side. I hope they help her sleep, and I hope the creepy psychologist isn't making her more uncertain of reality than she always is. I'm going to talk to her tonight about him and make sure he is not one of those sicko psychopathic psychiatrists that fucks with patients heads to observe 'interesting' results.

InvisibleSL28
Psilonaut

#16431903 - 06/24/12 04:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There seems to be a lack of stories relating to people dropping off the deep-end from one mushroom experience. "We're trying to flush out the mushrooms" is what the nurse told me today. I've always believed that psilocybin has a pretty short half life in the system. If this is so, it seems screwy and counter-productive. They are treating her like a crazy drug addict when she has never abused a substance in her life. I'm feeling more and more that I should have seen a friend about obtaining the necessary prescription pills to treat her insomnia and then gotten S. a therapist after her sleep became normal rather than taking her to the crazy world of corporate medicine. Perhaps I'll end up hating myself more for that than giving her access to the shrooms.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#16432132 - 06/24/12 05:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I normally would say trust the doctors but this is a tough one... doctors don't know shit about these drugs generally. i guess tell the doctor to give her a benzo if they want to "flush the shrooms out" since that's what you normally do to abort trips. of course there's no shrooms to flush out but it may relax her a bit and bring her down from this.

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
    #16432179 - 06/24/12 05:49 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

When did you ingest the mushrooms? After 12 hours MAX there should not be any psilocin effects any more.
Have they given her any antipsychotics (e.g. Haloperidol) yet?
That would be standard procedure. She also needs to rest.

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Offlinexzylocybin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#16432470 - 06/24/12 07:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Someone who has never taken psychadelics before can get really freaked out by their first ego death, she did'nt know how to deal with it or what was happening so she freaked out and her brain explained it the only way it knew how, she thought her soul was gone but really her ego was just subsided for maybe the first time in her life, she had a temporary psychotic break because of this but I believe she will be fine with time once she can integrate her experience.

Some people (myself included) are more susceptible to psychotic breaks as a result of tripping, one time I had myself convinced that I had to die and was in fact dying during a trip and that my death would in some way help the world. After reflection (about a month) I could see that those thoughts were only my ego clinging to control and resisting the drug. You're wife will likely be fine she just needs to understand that these types of things can happen to some people who take psilocybin and that she should relax, know the thoughts she is having are only thoughts and not neccesarily true, eat, and get some damn sleep.

Taking her to the hospital or involving her parents will likely only freak her psyche out more, a therapist might be a good idea if the symptoms continue but sleep, food, and relaxing familiar surroundings with minimal stressors will likely have her back to normal soon. these are powerfull medicines that are at odds with our current ways of living and social conditioning, an uninitiated mind that likes control will have a hard time dealing with them.

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16432484 - 06/24/12 07:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I expect that your gf will fluctuate for the next few days. I am very confident she will get to sleep and get back to her old self. However, after the physicians are finished it is imperative to get her to a psychologist. Her behavior is manifestation of some type of mental dilemma. This could be genetic and/or linked to a traumatic event (I imagine involving death and or god). You yourself do not have the tools to dig up the past and help her resolve these issues. Again, you could not prevent or have caused her breakdown - it was inevitable at some point.

I believe this:whathesaid: OP She obviously has some underlying emotional/ psychological issues that were present long before the moderate dosage of p. cubensis.

Just keep being there for her, it sounds like you may be her only ally in a sea of modern medical ignorance. Also, pray for her.....can't hurt. I just did.:peace:M

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

OfflineSaint Marcus
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Complete psychotic break of friend [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16432538 - 06/24/12 07:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I am really sorry to hear what  you are experiencing. Honestly I know it probably doesn't matter to hear it but I feel u did absolutely everything u possibly could and you are doing your best. I can only imagine the torment and how much pain and burden u are carrying on your shoulders.

I have had a couple psychotic breaks myself and when a person doesn't sleep for that long it is always really bad news especially after a mind shattering psychedelic experience. I ALWAYS keep a few benzos on me in case of a bad trip.....As soon as I heard her starting to go in loops for more than 30 minutes I would have had her put a milligram of xanax under her tongue..

Also I can relate to how the doctors don't know shit about what is going on and want to blame it all on the drugs....has she ever had any issues with these type of things? Any mental problems like depression, anxiety, trauma (physical, sexual), manic depression anything that would be a type of precursor to this full psychotic break?

I think that it is very interesting that some of her thoughts r on the nature of the masculine and feminine as well as its relationship to God....Hmmm just makes me wonder about trying to discuss those particulars with her in hopes of laying a foundation of which she can establish a reality to navigate. just a thought

Also....sometimes on psychedelics the mind snaps.....and sometimes the only way to put it back together is to go back to this snapping point and try to mend it during another experience.....literally I have heard and known people that have experienced this....It is almost like state dependent learning.

Please keep us updated and I will be sending my love and positive energy to u both.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order