Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Single wedge shipping
    #1642893 - 06/18/03 07:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I was looking at the VVVVVVVV gets a free wedge thread, and I wondered how to transport a single wedge? Just cut a wedge out under a glove box and put it in a sterile petri dish???

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1643000 - 06/18/03 07:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i suppose, or a small ziplock baggy.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1644030 - 06/19/03 10:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

wedge --> baggie --> CD case.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: Jackal]
    #1645616 - 06/19/03 07:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yep, agreed, the c.d case is key :-)
But they also do well in a Zip lock bagie, in a padded envelope.

--------------------

Offlinedurka_durka420
Got Fungus?
Male User Gallery

Loc: the south
Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: Paid]
    #10108302 - 04/05/09 02:34 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

THIS NEEDS TO BE A STICKY! LOL yes i realize its 5 years old OH WELL! now i know how to participate in the free wedge thread :smile:

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: durka_durka420]
    #10108327 - 04/05/09 02:40 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

theres already a wedge thread stickied here
in the main post should include shipping tips though

I've actually done jail time over leaky packages while they were investigated
people need to learn to use bubblewrap, or ill smack a hoe.

InvisiblePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
 User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: CptnGarden]
    #10108395 - 04/05/09 02:54 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Baggies work... microcentrifuge tubes are much better. You can buy 1000 for $20. Tape the lids and bubble wrap them. Works like a charm.

Before you bump a thread this old please check to see if the information you're looking for is in a current thread.

--------------------
"When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing." - Tom Robbins

"Art should not whore itself to the marketplace, nor should it whore itself to the interior decoration industry. Art should set the agenda." - Terrance McKenna

My GH & Humidibucket Setup    Blue Oyster Bucket Grow    Pink Oyster Laundry Basket      Pioppino Shotgun Grow      EvilMushroom666's Wedge Tek

Edited by PitcherCrab (04/05/09 02:56 AM)

Offlinedurka_durka420
Got Fungus?
Male User Gallery

Loc: the south
Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #10110834 - 04/05/09 04:38 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i see nothing about shipping first 2 pages of free wedge thread and the other stickys....hence why i bumped this old ass thread....also not everyone wants to order shit online to ship wedges in or order shit online peroid.also when one has chex systems and cannot get bank account it makes stuff harder..and i love ordering online....so another reason why this post got a bump im sure everyone has CD cases....and whenever i do a wedge trade ill be double wrapping wedge and use bubble wrap/envelopes so it does not leak...maybe the shipping of wedges is in the market place i dunno i dont check the free vvv threads in there...unless a mod wants to add a sticky for shipping wedges tips/tricks/hints or somethin along those lines to clear up some things....

--------------------

Edited by durka_durka420 (04/05/09 04:42 PM)

InvisiblePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh
 User Gallery

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: durka_durka420]
    #10111417 - 04/05/09 06:33 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

You're right. CD cases are a good way for people who don't trade that often to ship wedges.

--------------------
"When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing." - Tom Robbins

"Art should not whore itself to the marketplace, nor should it whore itself to the interior decoration industry. Art should set the agenda." - Terrance McKenna

My GH & Humidibucket Setup    Blue Oyster Bucket Grow    Pink Oyster Laundry Basket      Pioppino Shotgun Grow      EvilMushroom666's Wedge Tek

Offlinefaffle
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #10115435 - 04/06/09 11:16 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I've been shipping whole petri dishes in a 6x10 inch "Ready Post Cushion Mailer" sold at the post office.  They cost me about $1.50 total to ship.

--------------------

Edited by faffle (04/06/09 11:16 AM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: faffle]
    #10146766 - 04/11/09 10:36 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Bump to that faffle! Ive gotten two trades now (from different people) that are simply a wedge put into a baggie and then shipped in an envelope.

The envelopes go through rollers at the post office, and on the other side what I receieved both times were a sludgy, liquidy, leaky mess. I did get the first culture to take off so no worries there, but the second one did not and looks like Im out the trade.

If your going to put a wedge in a small baggie, stick it in a petri or a cd case as mentioned above so it gets to the receiver in decent condition ... please. lol ..

Myself, I usually send whole colonized petri dishes. If I dont have one available I just take that same wedge and rather then putting it in a baggie to get massacred during shipment, I stick it on a pre-poured petri and send it that way. The end reciever only has to incubate it to let it grow out a bit and he has plenty to work with. Hell even if you dont have a poured petri, just stick it in a clean petri dish so its protected.

I send them in the same envelopes that the above poster does. Hes right, it costs $1.50 to send it to someone vs what ... 42 cents otherwise? lol ..

Do everyone a favor and send it in a petri, or in some other hard, protective cover so it doesnt show up a liquid mess.

Pretty please with cherries on top??  :grin:

lol ..

BTW - Pitcher .... those little vial things you use are pretty damn cool too. Small, protective... perfect.

Edited by OZZ (04/11/09 12:02 PM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: OZZ]
    #10149112 - 04/11/09 09:09 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

You know what guys ... I wanted to mention something. After doing some reading and talking with someone more experienced then I, Im wondering if maybe it was my skills that were the determining factor on this last trade.

I hear that many ship wedges in plastic baggies and envelopes and all has turned out fine? This last one there was just a small little amount of liquid in it so I thought that my best bet might be putting some cardboard (pasturized) in the baggie so that any mycelium that was in there could take off, rather then try to put it to agar ... since it was just liquid and not anything solid like a wedge to actually transfer.

Now Im wondering though, maybe I could have just put my sterilized scapel in the baggie, and streaked a petri dish?

For those of you receiving wedges in baggies like that, and in the cases where they come in liquified from shipment ... what are you doing with it?

Thanks!

Edited by OZZ (04/11/09 09:10 PM)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: OZZ]
    #10149129 - 04/11/09 09:14 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

ive been receiving leaky messes from users too, they just slap it in a sandwich baggy and put it in a regular envelope.
its been happening for years, thats why I mainly dont trade anymore, cause if I mention bubblewrap beforehand they get all pissy, and when it shows up all fucked up they usually dont replace it.

it costs like 1.39$ to ship a bubblewrap, its really not that bad!

the last package I got was exploding out the side of the envelope, as soon as I grabbed it out of the box I noticed slimey shit on my hands, and there was a note tucked into the hole it burst out of which was from the post office, which they wanted me to sign and dump back into the mailing slot, just incase there was an anthrax outbreak or something.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: CptnGarden]
    #10149633 - 04/11/09 11:33 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

haha I paid like $.30 CAD a dish for my dishes (ordered in bulk), I can't understand why you wouldn't do someone the kind favor of sending them a culture in a dish. I mean WTF? It's not too expensive to buy a lot of dishes and even if you buy them at non-bulk prices it probibly cost less than the cost of shipping to get the dish to put it in. If I give a free strain out you can sure as hell bet it'll be fucking professionally packaged.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Single wedge shipping [Re: ScavengerType]
    #10149648 - 04/11/09 11:38 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

either way, use bubblewrap! a sandwich bag is fine, just use freakin bubblewrap lol

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms