Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible?
    #1640931 - 06/17/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well these dude do. they want to make a propellentless propulsion system and it looks like a ufo. http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/gct_xprize_030615.html
ill believe it when i see it but it would be damn cool if it worked.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: blaze2]
    #1641050 - 06/17/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Given appropriate funding, GCT envisions flying an initial prototype of the Space Tourist around 2012. 

I had to laugh when I read that.  :wink:

Gravity control would be very awesome indeed, I think that it may even make time travel possible. 

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: psyphon]
    #1641494 - 06/18/03 03:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gravity control would be very awesome indeed, I think that it may even make time travel possible.

hows that?

i mean i know that gravity control would make friction a non issue and allow for extreme speeds and all that but how does that make time travel possible? im interested in this since i havent heard anyone else say it. please elaborate. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #1641504 - 06/18/03 03:59 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Is it possible to travel faster than "Time" itself?...if so..then I suppose thats how...

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1641513 - 06/18/03 04:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

welll if you travel at the speed of light then you dont really age while everybody else ages incredibly fast or maybe i have it backwards. either way its a one way thing there isnt a "rewind" button so i dont see how that could be used to "travel" through time.

although i just though of something. if you can defy gravity then a black hole couldnt stop so you. so someone could go find out what was up with the inside of that thing you know. i always wonder what really happens when you dive into one of those. peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1641593 - 06/18/03 05:49 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The way our current theories describe black holes, any rotating matter that collapses into a black hole will form a "ring-formed timelike singularity" at the center of the hole, which is impossible to visualize but mathematically it's a piece of spacetime which has infinite density and where time goes in a loop. A non-rotating black hole can be seen as a special case where this ring is collapsed into a point. Since all stars and galaxies rotate, non-rotating black holes seem unlikely.

If you fall into such a black hole you can never get back out through the same event horizon, but if the hole is big enough you could avoid being crushed to death at the singularity by passing through the ring. What happens next can't be determined or extrapolated from theory: you need to add additional information about what's on the other side of the singularity. That's where all the speculation comes in about wormholes that connect different parts of space and time and other parallell universes. And until someone sees something that could be the other end of such a wormhole (a "white hole") it will remain pure speculation...

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1641682 - 06/18/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Blaze, for a complete description on Einsten's theory on relativity and how it works, check out www.howstuffworks.com and search for "Relativity" .. it explains the time slowing down and what not to a T.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: nubious]
    #1643131 - 06/18/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Time travel could be possible through time dilation. Speed and gravity are what cause time dilation. The more gravity an object has on itself, the slower time moves for it. This means, if we had enough gravity, time would move so slow that we could travel at 400 mph, when in truth it would be much much much quicker. But relative to the people travelling it would be just 400 mph. But it wouldn't be per hour, because time would be so dilated. Do you understand?

Black holes have such a great mass that there's an infinite amount of time at the center. This is because gravity doesn't really exist. Instead, Eintstein said there is a 4th and 5th dimension, space and time. Imagine space time as a velvet blanket which everything rests on. Imagine planets and solar objects as little pebbles dropped on the velvet. The slope the pebbles create brings objects toward each other. This is known to us as "gravity". The same concept applies on smaller scales as well, such as Earth. Black holes are so heavy that they supposedly tear through the space time blanket, or if not that they sink into the velvet extremely far.

Also from time dilation, we're able to deduce that time doesn't exist. I know this has something to do with your position in the universe, your mass, and your speed. I wish I could elaborate more on this. Hopefully osmeone else can.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1643195 - 06/18/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have been interested in anti-gravity for a couple of years now.  I've done tons of research and reading about the subject and I am convinced it should be possible.  I have even come up with a few ideas but lack the funds to test them.  Hopefully one day.  However why is this in S&P? :confused:

I used to have hundreds of links to really good but hard to find site about anti gravity, free energy and the like, but my computer crashed. :mad2:  But here are a few links for those interested in further reading.

http://www.amasci.com/freenrg/antigrav.html 

http://members.aol.com/JNaudin509/  Very interesting site with videos!

http://www.cheniere.org/toc.html 

http://www.vasantcorporation.com/ 

http://www.americanantigravity.com/

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1643261 - 06/18/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've done tons of research ...

How does one research a non-existent technology? By watching Star Trek?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: Swami]
    #1643390 - 06/19/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

By reading. There have have been many claims of devices that claim anti-gravity. Hence, many things to research. If you go to http://members.aol.com/JNaudin509/ , you can see video demonstrations of "lifter's", although the jury is still out as to whether or not this is actually anti-gravity. Besides, ships in Star Trek employed warp theory, not anti-gravity. Which is still a real theory. Basically a large electromagnetic wave is constructed and used to push your ship like a surf board.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1643453 - 06/19/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I've done tons of research ...

How does one research a non-existent technology? By watching Star Trek?

How do inferiority complexes make themselves manifest? By asking demeaning questions?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: Malachi]
    #1643532 - 06/19/03 01:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

IOW there is no way to research this topic. Thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1643544 - 06/19/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

now I know that there is no way you can be friendly. Thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: Malachi]
    #1643549 - 06/19/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

So then, nothing can be learned by watching Star Trek (fiction), but only by reading fictional websites?

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1643571 - 06/19/03 02:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If you go to http://members.aol.com/JNaudin509/ , you can see video demonstrations of "lifter's", although the jury is still out as to whether or not this is actually anti-gravity.

What's on that site -- with the lifter -- has absolutely nothing to do with antigravity and everything to do with electrostatics. Calling that antigrav is like me lifting up a pen and going, "Look! Antigravity!"

Anyway. I think that antigravity may be possible, but I've been rather skeptical of any claims. Show me a working anti grav machine and I'll believe it, so long as it's reproduceable.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: do you think that anti-gravity propulsion is possible? [Re: Sev]
    #1643657 - 06/19/03 03:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

all matter has gravitational force, but antimatter....hmmm.
and as for stability, perhaps its time for outer ring gyroscopy.
but then, oh snap, what about ring dynamics, coliding nutrinos, matter-antimatter flux on the outer ring of the craft, theres your antimatter for the anti gravity, your circomfrencial rotation for gyroscopic stability, wow, the saucer shape may be a great idea after all. plus this would generate alot of nuclear energy.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1644328 - 06/19/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Modern physics is so weird so it has become impossible for the average financial investor to know what is good science and what is not. This has opened up new possibilities for both sincere crackpots and less sincere ones to teleport money from investors to their own pockets.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

#1644349 - 06/19/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

IOW there is no way to research this topic.

Main Entry: [1]re?search
Pronunciation: ri-'s&rch, 'rE-"
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French recerche, from recerchier to investigate thoroughly, from Old French, from re- + cerchier to search ?more at SEARCH
Date: 1577
1 : careful or diligent search
2 : studious inquiry or examination; especially : investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or practical application of such new or revised theories or laws
3 : the collecting of information about a particular subject

Swami, you are wrong. By research that is what I meant, I merely collected information. Why you are attacking me for saying that is beyond me. Just because they haven't been proven in no way makes them fictional. Now some of them certainly are, but I think others truly believe they have achieved it. One of the videos I lost was a guy that had constructed a box with one open end and when he placed objects inside of it, they would suddenly shoot to the top. It was a very convincing video, but of course something happened to his equipment and he has been unable to reproduce his results. But if gravity exists, and it employs some sort of particle or energy, there is no reason I see that would prevent a technology from reproducing the same effect in reverse.

Sev-- I was using the term too loosely. When I speak of anti-gravity, I mean something that is able to propel itself or another object without conventional technology. But can you tell me how gravity works? Lifter's do most likely employ electrostatics for propulsion, but we still don't know what gravity is, so to say this has no relation with it, is premature to me.

--------------------

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #1644387 - 06/19/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder