Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUrbz
I am We
Male

Loc: Oregon, United States of ... Flag
Hash Oil
    #16407100 - 06/20/12 12:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just let 36 grams of trim stem and bud soak in 91% iso for 24 hours. seemed like no more would go soak into the iso because it was so dark green already. Got it all threw my metal coffee filter and letting it evap. Should I run the trim threw another soak to get any more leftovers, or would I mainly be getting chlorophyll from the second soak?

--------------------
Weed DXM Shrooms Salvia LSA Coke LSD MDMA Morphine  Opium Herion Speed DMT MDA Whippets Kratom 2c-b, Mescaline, MDE, Ketamine, GHB, Datura, Iboga

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: Hash Oil [Re: Urbz]
    #16407111 - 06/20/12 12:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i do my soaks for about 30 seconds to a minute
interested in hearing how yours turns out
im guessing it will be harsh and contain a lot of cloryphyll but it should still smoke when evaporated

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineLegalLife420
Stranger

#16407120 - 06/20/12 12:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The first run with iso gets most the THC.

You should look into honey oil, bubble hash, or dry ice hash(kief) instead. I personally rate iso hash under all of them, but to each their own.

OfflineJimLahey
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C...
Re: Hash Oil [Re: LegalLife420]
    #16407202 - 06/20/12 01:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I love earwax or full melt... Earwax is my favorite

--------------------
"Why don't you get a life, Rick? Why don't you go to community college like Julian here? Hey! I got a good idea! You could teach Living In A Car and Growing Dope 101"

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hash Oil [Re: JimLahey]
    #16407207 - 06/20/12 01:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JimLahey said:
I love earwax or full melt... Earwax is my favorite

:lahey:

--------------------

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineUrbz
I am We
Male

Re: Hash Oil [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #16407336 - 06/20/12 01:53 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i would like to make better hash, low budget though haha, $5 for two big bottles of Iso.
I am new to hash and edibles and such, just now gettin used to the medical pot, i read up just now the honey oil thing about just shaking it up and draining to not get chlorophyll, next time will be better hopefully. trying to find better trim prices, got this 36gs for $40.

I am just using a recipe a old guy gave me how he did his, his didnt taste that bad.

I collected up all the stuff on the sides of the metal bowl on my finger and let it dry, that smoked ok, had it on some green but I'm pretty sure it gave me a higher state than the small nug would have

--------------------
Weed DXM Shrooms Salvia LSA Coke LSD MDMA Morphine  Opium Herion Speed DMT MDA Whippets Kratom 2c-b, Mescaline, MDE, Ketamine, GHB, Datura, Iboga

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
    #16408907 - 06/20/12 01:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You should have it evaporating in glass, not metal. It's gonna be hard to scrape off the metal.

And you soaked for WAY too long. Like others said, you only need about 30 seconds, tops.

I just run frozen solvent over my weed in a funnel/homemade ring stand, though. No shaking or soaking. Just find a way to support the funnel, put in a coffee filter and your ground-up weed then pour about 12 ml per gram over it. Let it run into a Pyrex pan and evaporate.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Hash Oil [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #16409030 - 06/20/12 01:31 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It is fine to do it for 24 hours. I have done it and the hash is still good
Make to pour out the remaining liquid on a ceramic plate and let it dry for a long. Preferably don't use any heating other than sunlight. And even if you think it is dried, let it dry for a day more just in case

InvisibleLucyLove
Re: Hash Oil [Re: topdog82]
    #16409096 - 06/20/12 01:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The green comes from chlorophyll btw, so only a small portion of that is THC.

--------------------
Is this real

OfflineUrbz
I am We
Male

Re: Hash Oil [Re: LucyLove]
    #16409267 - 06/20/12 02:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Its evaping in glass, used the metal mixing bowl to filter into, then poured into glass dish.
Most is evaped, have a heating pad on low under it with a fan running on it.
Right now it looks like there is alot of dark stuff settling on the bottom as it starts getting lower, black resin looking oil is dripping in from what dried on the sides and floating on top of the iso.

yes i know the green is chlorophyll.
my thinking when starting this was that soaking would get all the cannabinoids from inside the plant matter out instead of just washing off the surface crystals.
I knew this way would catch a decent amount of green usless stuff, but figured the extra thc would make up for it. guess i was wrong. but oh well, sure ill get high off it still!

and at least I didnt use resin from cleaning my bowls in it like the old guy that told me how its done lol

--------------------

InvisibleLucyLove
    #16409310 - 06/20/12 02:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Urbz said:
Its evaping in glass, used the metal mixing bowl to filter into, then poured into glass dish.
Most is evaped, have a heating pad on low under it with a fan running on it.
Right now it looks like there is alot of dark stuff settling on the bottom as it starts getting lower, black resin looking oil is dripping in from what dried on the sides and floating on top of the iso.

yes i know the green is chlorophyll.
my thinking when starting this was that soaking would get all the cannabinoids from inside the plant matter out instead of just washing off the surface crystals.
I knew this way would catch a decent amount of green usless stuff, but figured the extra thc would make up for it. guess i was wrong. but oh well, sure ill get high off it still!

and at least I didnt use resin from cleaning my bowls in it like the old guy that told me how its done lol

Don't let what I said put you down. I'm sure you will get plenty high off of it :grin:

I made some 91% iso hash with super crystally buds and i got a few STRONG hits of nice iso from 1g

--------------------
Is this real

OfflineUrbz
I am We
Male

#16409764 - 06/20/12 04:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i scraped down the sides that had been dry for alittle while, applied some heat to evap the rest.

it smoked ok and i got a nice buzz for sure. after the bowl was half smoked it started tasting a bit funky but not too bad.

I got a pic of what it looks like at the moment, will upload when i get back from my neck massage apointment

--------------------

OfflineUrbz
I am We
Male

#16413997 - 06/21/12 11:53 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, its all dry, pretty dark but still pretty good. got 4.6 grams, about how much of that do you think is probably good hash and how much is diluted fats and shit

--------------------

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger
    #16414069 - 06/21/12 12:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I read one time how to purify hash..I don't recall the exact steps...but it was essentially stiring in warm water and allowing the thc to seperate and be whipped together..I don't remember the source so don't quote me on that

But in the future 30 sec max soak for ISO hash...I've actually been thinking about doing a 1st run by basically just pouring the ISO freely over the bud so it only touches for a brief sec...

I fucked up a oz of dank by just letting the ISO set for a little too long...got some black nasty goopy shit.

Edited by Kief Ledger (06/21/12 12:16 PM)

OfflineUrbz
I am We
Male

Re: Hash Oil [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #16414834 - 06/21/12 02:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kief Ledger said:
I read one time how to purify hash..I don't recall the exact steps...but it was essentially stiring in warm water and allowing the thc to seperate and be whipped together..I don't remember the source so don't quote me on that

But in the future 30 sec max soak for ISO hash...I've actually been thinking about doing a 1st run by basically just pouring the ISO freely over the bud so it only touches for a brief sec...

I fucked up a oz of dank by just letting the ISO set for a little too long...got some black nasty goopy shit.

thats what I ended up with, i had a few pix on my fone but they arnt sending to my email for some reason or another.
Im pretty fuckin blasted off a 0.3 my bro and I just smoked, last night I couldnt even move after having took a 25mg flexeril 50mg hydroxyzine and 150mg ball of this black hash. (those are my daily meds for the past month or so. So i have a tolerance to the pills already)

Im too high to crush up these hbwr seeds, they keep moving around in the damn bowl and dodging me

--------------------

InvisibleLucyLove
    #16415461 - 06/21/12 03:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If you want it more pure you could do another iso wash or you could even use butane on it.

--------------------
Is this real

OfflineConnoisseur

#16415604 - 06/21/12 03:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ISO hash is legit as hell, not as good as water or butane but still gets the job done. At least you did it with some trim instead of wasting a bunch of bud.

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hash Oil [Re: Connoisseur]
    #16424325 - 06/23/12 05:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Connoisseur said:
butane.

daz-dat-dankity-der-dunskins
:fagface:

--------------------

Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineMichiganGrower
Watching Myself In 3rd Person
 User Gallery

#16424419 - 06/23/12 05:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hello friend. concentrates are my specialty lol.

The ISO method you used isn't bad but it is more or less used in the making of "Rick Simpson" hash oil. IN which you pulverize or let soak for 24-48 hours. This guarantees that most of the cannabinoids are collected not just from trichomes but also from inside the leafs and plant matter. The leaf and plant matter has a % of CBD and other useful cannabinoids which is why a soak is used before the evap.

However when making a normal concentrate such as QWISO/bubble/wax one tries to stay away from putting to much chlorophyll into there final product. which is done by shaking to lung (OVER 30 seconds) or soaking. Soaking is good for tinctures but not so much for concentrates. In concentrates you want JUST the trichomes to be collected. When you soak in iso it goes from the beautiful gold (the color you want) to a light green and then to almost a dark/blackish green.

What your going for is a QWISO extraction or Quick Water ISO Hash.

I do these all the time and am able to make stable (doesn't stick to your fingers and you can play with it) and shatter.

Now without writing a book here Ill just give you a quick 101 to the ISO hash.

1 Grab a large 1 quart mason jar with a lid.

put at least a 1/2 oz to an oz of(DRY) trim and bud.* in your jar with 99% ISO. pour until it just reaches the top.

MOST IMPORTANT PART:::: as soon as the water fills to the top of the plant matter. you rotated ONE rotation to help the alcohol get all the way through the plant (DON"T SHAKE DON"T LET SET) Immediately pour out through a mesh screen, then strain that through a coffee filter.
this guarantees all the unwanted stuff is out.

I like to grab another quart mason jar and put a coffee filter in it and secure it with the lid ring. (DO THIS BEFORE YOU ADD THE ISO TO THE PLANT MATTER)

Another important part: Don't rush the straining through the coffee filter. I've done this and screwed up many of times. put it out side or in a SUPER ventilated place to drip until all the liquid is separated. 

SAVE THE PLANT MATTER: Now save the plant matter in your mason jar and and label the jar with the final filtered liquid as 1 for your "First Run" the first run will be the cleanest dankest stuff.

Now preform a second run...This time rotating it only for 10-15 seconds. DON"T SHAKE*** simply rotate a few times and dump out again like you did with the first run. Save that in jar 2...

JAR 1: if done right should looke mostly yellow/goldish....if the quality of medicine isn't the highest or your took to long then there may be a slight green hue. THE GOLDER THE BETTER.

Jar 2: if done right should have a green hue but still noticeable level of yellow. If its green its alright just next time just mix less.

NOW you simply evap it.

SLOW WAY: sit it outside and wait for a day or 2.
Faster Way: boil up a pot of water (trichomes evap at above 300 where water boils at 200 so boil is alright)grab 2 pyrex baking dish with one being small enough to fit in the larger one.ADD boiling water to large pan at about a half inch then insert your smaller dish and then pour out just jar 1 into and every hour make sure the water is hot and if its cold take the small dish out and add more hot water....Or you can opt for a flat top electric skillet for 20$ and just put the big dish on that with the half inch of water. put it on 200 and add your smaller dish then the liquid.

After evaping everything there is two options.

a)If you don't care about how stable it is then just freeze over night (this evaps the leftover water that you can't see) then scrap with a blade in the morning
b)what I do is freeze it overnight. I take it outside (when its warm) and sit out in the sun and scrap it all to the middle and almost whip it like you would do with bho to purge it with out a vac. except I like to whip it a little bit (this pulls out even smaller bits of moister remember you used a 91% alcohol and not 100% this is why its so damn sticky and unstable...ever have resin on your fingers and try to wash it with water...useless right)then I spread it out into a super thin layer and set it right in direct sun light this brings it to a 50% 60% liquid where I bring it out of the sun and start whipping and playing with it again until it gets hard. I do this ALL DAY. by the end of the day you'll have completely stable iso that's the consistency of wax and shatter.

The most low maintenance thing you can do is after evaping just letting it set for 3-4 days minimum. when you scrap it up it won't be stick at all and very much stable. with almost no work. other then patients.

*Don't bother with freezing the trim/bud, I've seen no increase
**91% is fine just make sure the other 9% is water and not other crap
***shakeing does nothing. Trichomes are oil soluable and iso is like acid to it. The second it comes in contact it melts into the iso.

Edited by MichiganGrower (06/23/12 06:20 AM)

OfflineMichiganGrower
Watching Myself In 3rd Person
 User Gallery

Re: Hash Oil [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #16424428 - 06/23/12 06:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Connoisseur said:
ISO hash is legit as hell, not as good as water or butane but still gets the job done. At least you did it with some trim instead of wasting a bunch of bud.

It's not waste. Its medicine. More concentrated medicine. A dab of my wax or iso is 1 joint of someone elses weed.

Its also not a waste if you grow. I convert all my bud but 2oz into various concentrates. Flowers don't do my pain any justice so concentrates is where its at....if a plant is 20% thc its not the leafs that is tested its the bud. Sugar leaf are preferred though but buds you get a greater yeild and superiors quality. That's like making beer with the leafs of the Hops and not with the hops.

When making rick simpson oil to fight cancer you use the entire plant.

People have been juicing there pot raw latelly. The CBD is 600% stronger in dryed cured plants but that is a long and a dif discussion. i digress.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom