Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIndoorDreams
Testing IndoorDreams
weillis?
    #1639356 - 06/17/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i was wondering if anyone has been finding weillis yet?

i went last fall to Ga and hunted sucessfully,but i dont want to drive 3 hours if there are no fruits yet.

i have several patches,and im sure they will be producing when the season starts,last year i found over 300 caps in one patch.

is the season started yet?

i did a search,but no new weilli posts exist.

-L

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: weillis? [Re: IndoorDreams]
    #1639401 - 06/17/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Been finding them for well over a month and I have posted a few threads with pics here if you just do a search.
They aren't up and fruting strong yet, I've only found about 100 for the year so far from various patches, the most one pacth has produced for me this year so far was 30 mushrooms. So if your going to drive that far, wait for a while, you probably won't find much right now.

LK,

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: weillis? [Re: IndoorDreams]
    #1639402 - 06/17/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There have been only a few posts with pictures that are confirming the findings of Ps. weilli this year.

They are probably up, but not in as large of numbers due to climate conditions not being optimum. However, I live some 2,000 miles away to the nearest weilli so I might not be right. :smile:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: weillis? [Re: Lizard King]
    #1639753 - 06/17/03 01:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lizard King said:
So if your going to drive that far, wait for a while, you probably won't find much right now.

I'd have to agree. They are fruiting sparsely right not but not enough to warrant making a trip down here for them. I'd wait untill August-November to make that trip to come pick them.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: weillis? [Re: Gumby]
    #1640054 - 06/17/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, the current amount of weilii fruiting right now is right on target as usual. Up unitl this time last year, I hadn't had near the yeilds I have had so far this year, so we are actually doing better this year, I promise. Our lakes in GA are up above their average levels. We had record setting amounts of rain last month in May, and this time last year we were offically still in a 4-5 year running drout that has eneded the beggining of this year, or in my opinion last fall when we were getting swamped during prime season and lovin it :smile:

Psilocybe weilii just isn't a big spring or summer fruiter, its prime peak season is late summer to early fall, when the nights are still warm but the highs have dropped during the day in to the 70s-80s.

I haven't been posting a pic for every find I have made this year so far, like I have in the past years, so it may seem like they aren't fruiting as they should, but they are. Remember also that this time last year no one but me on these boards had found weilii. It was during prime season last year, after I had dropped so many hints for 3 years that a 2 year old shoulda been able to find a freakin weilii, thats when everyone started to catch on. Plus we were pulling out of a drout and they were becoming more common and abundant :smile: So it made last fall seem better than ever, which in some ways is the case, because it was one of the better years I had seen for Ps. weilii with all the precip. we got.

They'll be here soon, the temps aren't all that bad yet and we are getting some nice rains, 5 inches last night(my neighbor had a tree fall on his house during the storm) I predict lots of pics and find coming this weekend or early next week sometime. We are forecast to have rain everyday for atleast the next 5 days.

LK,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies