Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Covering cased containers with airtight lids...
    #1639802 - 06/17/03 03:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The containers that I've seen that seem to be ideal for casing's are the rubbermaid ones that measure, roughtly, 12"x6"x10". They come with lids that snap down onto them. I was wondering, if I cased 10 jars in this style container and put the lid on them, would this be a beneficial thing?

The theory goes something like this. With the lid on, the CO2 levels would be very high, their would be no light, the moisture would stay in, and the risk of airborne contams settling on the casing layer would be negated. This, of course, assumes that the lid is thoroughly cleansed and disinfected. The only problem I could see would be the CO2 levels being too high and the mycelia not colonizing the sub-casing layer, but I don't think that would be a problem.

The way I'd work this, I'd let the lid stay on there and the container in optimal mycelial growth conditions, remove the lid after about 5 days, patch case and immediatly initiate fruiting. I've tried this with alum foil being put over the casing, and my contam rate was really low.

In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Covering cased containers with airtight lids... [Re: lysergic]
    #1640275 - 06/17/03 07:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, this works a lot better for me when I am colonizing the casing; I fan off every other day, though, to eliminate stagnant air pockets.

I put srarn wrap over it, though, when I fruit it, and fan/mist every day.

Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation