Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Possible pan sub find in sw chicago
    #1639240 - 06/17/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Today i found anout 2 acres of heavily, heavily fertilized field. I was literally walking on shit. anyways to make a long story short, i found a bunch of mushies, but i found four worth noting. They were found within 1 foot of eachother, and no others like them were found in the hour or so i spent hunting this giant field. they were atop a heap of matted horse dung and straw. they are all about an inch tall, the stem is a light brown, and i can see where the veil tore, the gills are light brown. the caps all under the size of a quarter and larger than a dime are brown with rings on the outer rim ranging from light brown to dark red. these specimens were all pretty dry and i am not very positive i can get a spore print. pictures are coming soon

please help me identify these mushies and let me know if there is any other information you need :smile:

by the way i am new here and any advice on finding pan subs would be helpful, also what is their legal status? 

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1639272 - 06/17/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Pan subbs season is over for now. IT would be extremely rare for anyone to find any right now.

mj

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1639302 - 06/17/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

HA, I found some this morning. Panaeolus subbalteatus will grow through october in these parts of the southeast, they just slow down a bit during the hot months.

--------------------

OfflineIndoorDreams
Testing IndoorDreams
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: Lizard King]
    #1639352 - 06/17/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

pan subs are still out here as well :smile:

the season dont end until the fall as LK said.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: IndoorDreams]
    #1639448 - 06/17/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well here are the pics, please help me out here
thanks for all the quick replies,
if i didnt mention before these specimens were quite dry

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: Lizard King]
    #1639459 - 06/17/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes LK and then again you do not live in Chicago either. The Pan subb season is basically over. They are a spring and fall mushroom and in the centeral USA from Central California to NEw York and north, their season is over. Yes a few might pop up in your region (Georgia and Florida) but it is now definately not their season anymore until the fall rains. It is very hard for them to fruit in extremely hot weather. AND again. There primary habitat is hay copmpost and horse manure when mixed and left out with stable shavings and seashells or nut shells and left out all winter to compost.

Cow and horse manure by themselves are a secondary habitat and exteremely rare in the manure of cows, although they do occur as such.

The person who started the thread was inquiring about Pan subbs in Illinois, not in Florida or Georgia.
have a shroomy day,

mj

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1639491 - 06/17/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i live in NS and picked a whole bunch the other day, and i normally pick them all summer whenever it rains, especially after thunderstorms. but it is true that they fruit most abundantly in spring and early fall.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1639553 - 06/17/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i agree with mj that they fruit much more abundantly during the spring and fall. no trace of them for the last 2 months at least around here.

but the p. castens are popping up.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Possible pan sub find in sw chicago [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1639689 - 06/17/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

These are probably what you found;
Panaeolina foenisecii;

They are not active.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder