Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
What Blue Brusing Look-alikes can be found in the South West
    #1638990 - 06/17/03 06:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone, this is my second post here at the shroomery, anyways, i have read many times that mushroom hunters should be on the lookout for blue brusing lookalikes :shocked:. i was wondering what kind of lookalikes can be found in the southwestern united states, specifically the gulf of mexico areas.    Pictures are a plus    :laugh: 

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: What Blue Brusing Look-alikes can be found in the South West [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1639278 - 06/17/03 11:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

THere really are no blue brusing look-a-likes to PSilocybe shrooms.

The shrooms which stain blue are not gilled shrooms but belong to Boletus and have spongy porous bottoms rather than gills.

There are also a few Stropharias which are blue green naturally.

Chlorophyllum molybdites has green gills and are toxic. In Florida it is often accidently consumed as P. cubensis although there is little macroscopic similarities to magic shrooms inthis species.

mj

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: What Blue Brusing Look-alikes can be found in the South West [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1639331 - 06/17/03 11:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That is not true. I used to say the smae thing, but I found a gilled mushroom that stained blue and was NOT at all magical. I found the gilled bolete and it stained very blue. But it was still obvious that it wasn't a Psilocybe.

LK,

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: What Blue Brusing Look-alikes can be found in the South West [Re: Lizard King]
    #1639339 - 06/17/03 11:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hello Shroomers,

This is a such a tricky question to answer in a simple manner.

I suppose that the mushrooms made it this way, to benifit only those people who have the patience to study all of the many different exceptions to the "blue bruising" rule..

Keep shroomin,
GG

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: What Blue Brusing Look-alikes can be found in the South West [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1639450 - 06/17/03 12:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I should have added more to that question. There are no blue look-a-like shrooms to Those which grow from manure in the Southeast USA or in the soutrhwest USA. This is about the Sourthwest USA and there usually are not any magic shrooms growing in that region unless grown indoors. And if they are there it is extremely rare to find any or people would be posting about them all of the time.

If you do not live inthe PNW, USA or the South to Sourtheast (Texas to Florida and some portion of SOuth Carolina to Florida, chances are that you probably will not find any magic shrooms worth writing home about or posting here int he shroomery. Outside of those states they are basically extremely rare.

Yes maybe a pan sub or two but not like the big patches found by Joshua (apparently a one-time-only massive lawn fruiting. They have not since returned since he found them o efr a year ago), Me (Such as the ones in Oregon and on Maui) or Angry Shroom who found a large compost heap of Panaeolus subbalteatus in Central North California. Or Mitchnast stuck on Cape Breton Isle in the north of Nova Scotia.

And yes, you might find a lone Gymnopilus or two here or there, but I do not recommend anyone puick the Guymnopilus or the Inocybes becasue of too many toxic look-a-like species int he Galerina family and inthe Inocybe which most have high concentrations of muscarine.

And int he southwest there is rally nothing. I once found a small lawn with Panaeous castaneifolius and they too never returned the following year.

mj
Yes there might be a few popping up here or there but not usually aenough for a good high in most places where they are found.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #1639492 - 06/17/03 01:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i ment to say the southease, aka flordia, but oh well

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification