Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBardo_being
I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!!
    #1638680 - 06/17/03 12:46 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hello people. Here's my problem, i need to know what u all think and if u have any advice.  I ordered a grow bag and syringe last month and everything looked like it was going fine. On about the third week of colonization i came in the chat and asked others how they thought my crop was coming. All of the grain in the bag was completely covered white. Someone advised me that at about this time i should break up the grain within the bag without opening it any, and 5 days later to start giving it 12 hours of light everyday. I did this but didn't break up the grain too much, it is basically in several large chunks and am now on about the fourth day of giving the bag light exposure. However since i have broken up the grain in the bag I haven't seen any signs of further growth. Before this, the colonization was coming on quite quickly (the white material was spreading pretty rapidly) but since then it seems everything has come to a stand still. I've noticed also that there is a little bit more moisture in the bag than before, not a lot but more than what was there.  Any advice on what the problem might be and if there is anything i might be able to do to save the crop (i.e. maybe try dunking it or something). As u can see i am just a beginner at this. I totally appreciate all of your time and hope to hear from some of u soon. Thank You :confused: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!! [Re: Bardo_being]
    #1638686 - 06/17/03 12:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So when you broke it up you exposed uncolonized substrate (it wasn't white)? Did you change the environment you have the bag in? What kind of substrate are is in the grow kit? If it is BRF and Verm (kinda brown, granular) then you should just put the bag in a warmish area if it is not fully colonized, as close to 85 degrees as you can. When you break a BRF cake apart, it is not totally white inside. How hard was it to break up the cake? If it was difficult then most likely you are fully colonzied and you need to lower the temperature to 74 degrees for pinning and then fruiting (you can also cold shock it,. do a search on that). I hope this helps...

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#1638687 - 06/17/03 12:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, listen most f the time halted groth is becasue of low humidty. Try to up the humity and drop the temp a bit. When I first started out I did the MycoBag growing but found it to be expensive and low crop. If you know what I mean. Seriously if you are looking for a step up try PF-TEK. Its very nice, with even better results. Think about Treasure Coast by the piles from 36 1/2 pint jars. My friend went apeshit. Anywho Good Growing :laugh:

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!! [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #1638711 - 06/17/03 01:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds fine to me, as long as the inside was white.

Might take a while to fruit; maybe weeks even. Once it is "ready" it will start "knotting up," or forming bumps, and then in a few days or so you should see little pins.

Dropping the temperature can't hurt, either; if you want you could always put it in the fridge overnight -- might speed things up a bit.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineBardo_being
Re: I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!! [Re: micro]
    #1639434 - 06/17/03 12:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you so much people. Yea the bag was brown and granular before injection. And the brick was pretty solid and hard when i broke it up, i'd say a good 90-95% of the grain was covered white when i broke it up. But now it seems as if the white (mycelia?) has ceased to spread on the grain. A lot of people in here are sayin' i might have slowed down the colonization process, but to me it seems that it has just plain stopped.

Invisiblekoraks
    #1641653 - 06/18/03 08:59 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It happens sometimes after a chunk of mycelium being treated roughly, growth stalls for a couple of days. You could see it like this: The mycelium has to get used to the new growing conditions, and this takes some time. After a few days, it'll probably start growing again.

OfflineBardo_being
Re: I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!! [Re: koraks]
    #1642338 - 06/18/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well i am starting to see something happening now, what does it mean if little brown bumps or dots start to show up here and ther? Thanks for the help people.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1642363 - 06/18/03 03:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

if i hear you right you have one of those one pound rye bags, if thats the case you neeed to case it, and put it in a terrarium.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Mycobags, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation