Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEthanEdwards
In which Dorisgets her oats

sporeworks
    #1630024 - 06/12/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, I ordered a bunch of syringes from sporeworks some time ago and I prepared some jars and...well, nothing. I was wondering if this is a common reaction. Before anyone says that I haven't waited enough time or that maybe I made a mistake I should tell you that it has been two weeks since inoculation and there are absolutely no signs of growth, and that each prior attempt at growing using the same method (pf tek) have been succesful, so I can only assume that it is the spores that are at fault. Any thoughts?

--------------------
Everybody must give something back for something they got.- Bob Dylan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineourdeathwish
Poo
Re: sporeworks [Re: EthanEdwards]
    #1635234 - 06/15/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I know nothing of sporeworks. A few comments though. You said you ordered them awhile ago, spores do not last indefinitely though I cannot provide a timetable. You mentioned that there was no growth which likely indicates error(s) from you. Bad spores will at least provide little growth. Read through the TEKs VERY carefully looking for any little detail that could have set you off, such as using filtered water instead of spring or stream water (i.e. filtered water doesn't remove the chlorine).

OfflineEthanEdwards
In which Dorisgets her oats

Re: sporeworks [Re: ourdeathwish]
    #1635859 - 06/15/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

When i say that i ordered them some time ago, i mean that i received them and used them some time ago. i used them the day after they arrived in the mail. i dont think i made any errors since i have grown a number of times before. no growth could indicate an error on their part, which is what i'm assuming. I haven't had any contamination growth which means that i followed the proper sterility protocal. the only other option is that i fried the spores, which i didnt because i didnt provide a situation where they could be fried.

--------------------
Everybody must give something back for something they got.- Bob Dylan

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: sporeworks [Re: ourdeathwish]
    #1636068 - 06/15/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You should have seen some type of growth by now but some strains are a little slow. if you don't see any growth in another week you may want to contact the vendor, but it may be your fault and your bizz wasn't clean enough. either way, if the vendor is a good buisiness man he will send you out another syringe at no charge. but thats just my opinion.

Offlinegourmetbog
Mr. Bog

Re: sporeworks [Re: DSD]
    #1638615 - 06/16/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've ordered from sporeworks and my spores were fine. I've also innoculated jars that have done nothing for up to 3 weeks, mind you these jars were innoculated when I was an impatient fool and didnt practice sterile procedures, but mycelium did grow, along with green mold and cobweb mold.

--------------------
George Bush Is Gay

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: sporeworks [Re: gourmetbog]
    #1638671 - 06/16/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nah, it most likely isn't the vendors fault or your fault. Mail irradication is being used in full swing now in most of the country to prevent terrorism. The post office sends the packages through a radiation chamber to kill off any other spores than may be harmful to humans.. ie anthrax. So mushroom spores are part of the process. I have heard a few people complain about this recently, including one friend of mine who is an EXCELLENT and seasoned grower, he never had this problem once in his years of growing.. but recently with two differnt vendors he has had the same issues, no growth!

So this may be your problem.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #1639113 - 06/17/03 07:20 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

from the sticky thread at the top of this forum:
Quote:

2. Have you contacted and recieved an answer from the vendor you ordered from?

It is my experience that all the respected vendors here (sporeworks definitly being respected) will do their customers right for all reasonable, and many unreasonable complaints.

Even though sporeworks does not sell their spores for anything other than microscopy, I bet if you told them that you weren't able to see any spores on the microscope slide you prepared, they would send replacements.

Always contact customer service 1st if there is a problem....

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlineu4ia
enthusiast

#1640101 - 06/17/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I placed an order from sporeworks awhile ago.

The spores, by the time I got around to research, were already 8 months old. For whatever reason, and my lack of sterile procedures, they barely grew. I thought there was an issue with the spore lifespan, etc.

I just ordered a strain from TLG, and battled it against my over ONE YEAR OLD strain (same strain) from Sporeworks. Needless to say, once I changed my sterile procedures, and got a bit better with my skills, they are moving at the EXACT same speed.

So it looks like my old ass 1yr old spores, are going just as good as my few week old spores.

--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Anonymous

#1640377 - 06/17/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Vendor is excellent.

Just tell them you had a problem. " I put solution on some slides and no spores were present, can you help!!!"

Offlinebarefootfiddler
trippin hippie

Loc: Califuckinfornia
    #1642954 - 06/18/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

My friend recently ordered 2 syringes from sporeworks and had the same problem. Tried two seperate batches, no growth at all. First batch was made within days of receiving package. Second batch done two weeks later. Nothing. And he's grown on and off for 2 years, so he's not a complete idiot when it comes to shrooms...
Either they sent out some bad syringes or the post office is really blasting the mail with them rays. Either way, it really sucks.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: sporeworks [Re: barefootfiddler]
    #1645290 - 06/19/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have the same thing going with my Sporeworks spores not growing. No contamination, they are in a fucking heated terrarium, what the fuck? I just reinoculated them with another syringe.
I usually order from TLG, but their mail-orders have been closed, and now the credit card is closed too. I was in a hurry, so I couldn't sign up for paypal, so i ordered again from sporeworks.
this mail irradication tthing has me worried.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: sporeworks [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1645680 - 06/19/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I usually order from TLG, but their mail-orders have been closed, and now the credit card is closed too.

Not true, we are accepting credit card orders.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: sporeworks [Re: boxtop703]
    #1650286 - 06/21/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I think the mail irradication thing is the culprit, which really sucks for all of us!  I don't have any way of getting spores other than mail orders..  so if the spores I supply for my Iguana to grow at his farm are no good I guess he will have  to end his career of growing mushrooms..  which really sucks. 

I just placed an order with Ralphster, we'll see..  if I get no results this time around i'll know for sure it's the mail being blasted.  Every jar can not have any germination.. no way, i've been growing to fucking long, i've got the procedure down cold.  I can't be anything other than the post office fucking us.  :frown:

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: sporeworks [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1655287 - 06/23/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

maybe you should check out your sterilization and make sure your work areas are clean before you start going off on some conspiracy therory shit ! - mel is that you ?

Offlinebonghittr
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: sporeworks [Re: DSD]
    #1657432 - 06/24/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

a FOAF had the same probs with syringes from sporeworks.... other vendors worked great..

bong-

Anonymous

#1659814 - 06/24/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I have ordered and received spore syringes from Sporeworks and they were always in great condition. In my view they are the best vendor at the Shroomery.

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: sporeworks [Re: ]
    #1661106 - 06/25/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that's my opinion as well, mr_m.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: sporeworks [Re: Raadt]
    #1801102 - 08/11/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Syringes I ordered from Sporeworks came UPS, not postal service. Are they irradiating too? Inspection of a stringe of Mazatapec with a magnifying glass showed a descent amount of spores in solution. If you don't have a microscope, check them with a mag glass. Too early to tell if they worked or not, in incubation for 8 days now....

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: sporeworks [Re: flybynite]
    #1818412 - 08/15/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I ordered with Ralph a few weeks ago, bham, 3 days I had germination on Rye, 8 days I had full colonization of quart jars.

Haven't ordered from Sporeworks in a few years, they were good but the time on shipping was kind of slow. I don't order spores all that much cuz I reproduce my own usually, but when I do Ralph always gets my order because of his quick shipping and quality product.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1822249 - 08/17/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sporeworks is a great vendor as are all the shroomery sponsors. The inability to see the spore print under your microscope can be caused my many many things and is usually not the vendors fault.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom