Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Birthing Casing?????
    #1638511 - 06/16/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

OK - My friend has a casing in a clear container and noticed pins on the sides as well as a few on the top. Would it be benifical to take the casing out of the container, or will these pins work their way to the surface? Its popcorn cased with straight verm. He doesnt want to risk damaging the casing but is worried that these little guys may not make it or may start to rot if they arent removed.
He realized clear containers arent great for a casing, but he ran out of black paint and needed to use something.

dizz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: Birthing Casing????? [Re: dizzim]
    #1638606 - 06/16/03 09:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

from what I undertstand of casing, damaging it is a decent concern. How deep under the casing layer is it pinning, no hope it will climb through the casing? Also, you can duct tape the container in lieu of painting.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

OfflineAarondx
FUBAR
Loc: Just East of Uranus
Re: Birthing Casing????? [Re: dizzim]
    #1638723 - 06/16/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That's a serious concern. Yes the mushroom may rot, and yes you may cause problems if you dig into the casing to get the little guy out. If the pin isn't too deep I'd probably yank it. Otherwise leave it in and hope for the best. Your friend can always choose to dig it out later if you can tell it starts to rot.

Cultivation is a learning process. Lesson learned today is: No more paint = find another way to block the light.

--------------------
I was so poor growing up ... if I wasn't a boy ...I'd have nothing to play with.
--Rodney Dangerfield

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies