Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Music causing nausea on shrooms?
    #1638451 - 06/16/03 11:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This is something that has boggled me just today. I've tripped 4 times on shrooms, and 3 out of those times I have puked. Now, normally I wouldn't think music would have caused me nausea, but it's odd.
1st trip, I started listening to music after the effects were kicking in. About 30 minutes later, nausea began to grow and I puked 10 mins after that. Turned music off and went back to camp. 30 mins later I listened to some music again, without any problems.
The second time I had started coming up, slight nausea. Decided to listen to some music, but for some reason it just didn't make me feel too good, and I could feel the nausea growing. I turned the walkman off, and the nausea went away fairly quickly. This was the only trip where I didn't puke. Also used ginger pills here.
Third time, was in a very loud environment, chaotic almost, loud music blaring, puked not far into the onset. Never had to puke this quick before, it usually happens further into the trip.
Last trip, took ginger pills again, and dosed. Lay down to listen to Tool on the stereo, quite loud. Was listening to a 2 hour and 12 minute concert off the computer, and started listening around 30 minute after ingestion. About an hour or so into the concert (first part was great, no nausea, ginger seemed to be working, just a bit uncomfortable, but mainly because it was a larger dosage than I normally have taken, and was CEV galore) a sudden wave of nausea popped up and hit me. It was completely unexpected, I've never felt nausea this far after dosing. I had to run to the toilet and puke.

Now, I'm not saying that it's definite that music seems to be causing nausea, but rather the circumstances seem odd at best. Has anyone else here encountered nausea that seems to be triggered by music, and when you turn it off in time, it seems to fade away?
I'm keen to do an experiment :
Next time I dose, with no music in the first 2 hours, and no ginger pills.

I want to see if it is the shrooms that make me feel this sick, or is it the environment.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Music causing nausea on shrooms? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1638536 - 06/16/03 11:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Umm, I dunno about shrooms but I've noticed if I *really* high and not really moving or talking and listening to music, especially loud music I'll start feeling sick...

Offlinepsilyhunter
Big Nerd
Loc: Wherever I am
Re: Music causing nausea on shrooms? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1643142 - 06/19/03 01:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It occurs to me that you may have associated the music with the nausea and thus created a feedback loop. Escape from a feedback loop is only a thought away. Decide it isn't the music and you'll be fine. Decide the nausea won't bear fruit and focus your attention elsewhere. Energy flows where attention goes.

Another important element is what type of music you are listening to. If I put in Phish its a very different trip than if I'm listening to Tool.
Dark or aggressive music may mix with that first 45 minute roller-coaster ride that is the body's histimine response and make your naseau snowball.

As we sow, so shall we reap.

psily me

--------------------
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chart your own course... but only from here to there.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Music causing nausea on shrooms? [Re: psilyhunter]
    #1643688 - 06/19/03 05:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've thought about that, but it really didn't occur to me until the other day, after all these trips. Listening to music on trips is indeed one of the greatest pleasures, and I love it to death. I just thought it seemed like a coincidence. However, I will try the mind thing; tell myself that it isn't the music.
The weird thing however, is the first hour before vomiting, was perfectly fine. I was REALLY enjoying the Tool show. I had no sign of any nausea before it just hit me like a tonne of bricks. It really came out of nowhere.
Thanks for the tips though, I'm going to give it a shot next time.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1644628 - 06/19/03 01:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i have had kind of mini-anxiety attacks on psychadellics from loud, bass-heavy music like at raves a few times, but it has never been bad enough to turn my experience for the worst [though some of the people around that scene have, but that's another story].

set and setting are a verry strong factor for most people.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1645433 - 06/19/03 06:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

music can control one's trip WAY MORE than one realizes at times.

btw, hell if ya need to puke, then go for it :smile: its only happened to me on ayahuasca but man I felt great afterwards and was glad I didn't sit there trying to hold it down :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (06/19/03 06:02 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Phish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience