Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehupecat1
Stranger
 User Gallery
still some freeze problem here
    #16381312 - 06/14/12 02:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hi..

i am in my first steps extractions..
did one with ShellSol-T instead of Naphpta, which should work pretty well for this, at least the is no leftover after evaporating a bit to check.. completely gone...  Pull 1 and 2 just brought  fairly little amount of white small chrystals which i got with a coffee filter.. white ones)  .after that let the shellsol-T evaporate and this was the leftover then

4th pull is in the freezer now in a large pyrexdish looking better.. (still little bit of shellsol-T left..

then i tried a new extract with Zippo Lighterfluid..
same process, but as i used a little smaller bottle now, i used less Zippo than i did before with the shellsol-T, because i read i maybe have had too much naphta in my jars before...
the freezer is damn cold, but still (after 30 hours now) just milky naphta, no real visible chrystals..

i jar i try to do a slow freeze, fridge, room, fridge, room, fridge, freezer.. .. i am just putting it in the freezer now, but it still looks just kind of thin milky...

my solvent was always completely clear, no yellow taint..

I was doing a STB-Tek(Lazyman), asa it sounded pretty simple for me as a beginner, to figure out what iam doing....

maybe its still too much naphta for freezing??
please any advice on this!!

Edited by hupecat1 (06/14/12 04:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFriendlyFace
Falling, with style

Loc: The Q Continuum
Re: still some freeze problem here [Re: hupecat1]
    #16381337 - 06/14/12 02:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Evaporate what you have down to a half/third of what it is now, then put it back in the freezer. If it's milky but the crystals wont crash out it means your solvent isn't saturated enough with little dmts.

Also, it may not be a coincidence that this happened when you switched to a new solvent.

Edited by FriendlyFace (06/14/12 03:01 PM)

Offlinemaynard444
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Time
    #16381356 - 06/14/12 02:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That's odd.  The evaporation process is used to concentrate the crystals if they exist in the solvent.  Are you pulling as much solvent as you can every pull?

What was your original ingredient list and how much of each?

What procedure did you use for mixing the Base solution and the solvent?

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question Authority. ~ Timothy Leary

Offlinehupecat1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: still some freeze problem here [Re: maynard444]
    #16382020 - 06/14/12 05:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

this is the tek i follow
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6931010
Lazyman

just calculated all the values down for use of 100 g bark,, as i am beginner i thought make smaller ones, and try some different techniches...

even tried out with warming my solution in waterbath before pulling the naphta..which seemed to make a little difference as you can see in Pic number 2, which is 4th Pull after 3 days but always used the same solvent for it..

the switching to zippo happened into a complete  new extraction, so no mixing...

but how less naphta should be in the jars for preciptating.. i read ca 80-100 ml, if you look on the 3rd Pic i posted here, you'll notive it not even been 50-60 ml, and no results..??

here are my frozen jaars in my 1st extract with ShellsolT, which looked rather good in first place, but endresult was nearly nothing...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16336829#16336829

i just ordered some Xylene, which i heard the yield qould be a bit smaller, but it also pulls out some other alkaloide for jungle spice..

will give that a try now..so, will leave everything another night in the freezer now,
Also had a 4th pull in which i used less Zippo than before, it seems to change to a little yellow now.., even when not much..witich i'm currently mixing every now and then for the last 24 hrss. give it a heat ATH NOW FOR AN HOUR, and then pull that...

i always used an eydropper for pouring the naphta from the bark, as far as possible (leaving 1/2 to 1 mm left in the bowl..)

Offlinehupecat1
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #16382113 - 06/14/12 05:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Anyway, this is my 4th Zippo Pull i m gonna give a heatbath now after 25 hr of mixing whenever i found some time...
its a 750 ml bottle, and you can see how less Zippo i used this time... mso, will shake once again, give heatbath, maybe shake again heatbath shortly again, let it cool down an hour and then do the pull
then this bottle will pu aside aswell as the first one, trying the Xylene next week..,

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder