Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
ITCHY FINGERS ???
    #1634672 - 06/15/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This question seems slighly bizarre even as I ask it, but a friend of a friend says that when he does mush, he often gets a real annoying feeling that the tips of his fingers are itching, sometimes intensely. This can even happen on a mild dose of 1 - 2 grams. And scratching does no good, since it appears that the mushies are causing it, from "inside".

Just to clarify....he assured me there is no other external cause for this, like some allergy to a soap, or hand lotion ,or anything like that. He has gone out of his way to be sure of this. It appears to be DIRECTLY correlated to the mushies. And, to validate that further, the itch disappears as they wear off....

He really wants to know if anyone else has experienced this, or something very similar......and if it is a common reaction ? Also, if there is a remedy (something besides not doing mushies anymore) ?

THANKS for any feedback.....

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHafrican
Mega-ultrachicken

Loc: SW Azerbaijan
Re: ITCHY FINGERS ??? [Re: Mike Elium]
    #1635994 - 06/15/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Jim's ex-girlfriend used to get horrible twitching anytime she any psychedelics ('cid, mush, etc.). It was like she blew a trash bag full of speed ....
Jim himself this past weekend had some bad itching of his head after eating 4 grams. Jim's friends will occasionally grind their teeth in their sleep during the night after, or have other, unusual physical fixations (e.g. yawning, stretching). Jim has no explaniation for this -- empirically, sometimes it happens to him, sometimes it doesn't. He notices that if he doesn't think about it too much (he knows that is hard!) it oftentimes goes away.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: ITCHY FINGERS ??? [Re: Hafrican]
    #1636343 - 06/16/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard that this is a hystamine reaction. Try popping a benadryl or two (following the dosing instruction on the box) about 20 minutes before dosing.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1637267 - 06/16/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

An antihistimine might help, but some people are just prone to certain discomforts whilst on mushroom. I for example get really bad muscle cramps and shooting pains in my legs in arms. Doesn't happen all the time, but happens enough to cause me discomfort.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1637521 - 06/16/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think your friend is just restless.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
Re: ITCHY FINGERS ??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1647419 - 06/20/03 05:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks everyone.

With regard to the antihistamine recommendations.....I'll tell my friend to try it, he will be very glad for a possible solution. I assume that some of you have actually tried this, and there should be no bad effect from the antihistamine/ mushie drug interaction .....?

Strumpling,
My friend assures me this has nothing to do with being restless, hyperactive, a "type A" personality, or anything like that. And he has no underlying psychosis, neurosis, history of mental illness, or some kind of guilt complex from his past that is manifesting itself as itching.

This is a clear, identifiable, and specific sensation of pure "itching" in the tips of his fingers, sometimes VERY irritating during the experience. (he tells me the itch can be relentless, like one from poison ivy, if you ever had that....) And it appears after the onset of the mushrooms, and disappears as their effects disappear, so it is directly correlated to the mushie effect.

If anyone else has experienced something similar, or has found a solution that has worked for them, please add your post. My friend will appreciate any and all recommendations very much......I'm sure he will try anything that is advised, until something works for him. To me, the antihistamine idea sounds like a good shot.

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Edited by Mike Elium (06/20/03 05:41 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies