Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCenterfinger
George Clooney is a Spy!
Male

Loc: earth
will shrooms from the same cake have same characteristics?
    #16365743 - 06/11/12 01:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I had a cake that produced 1 gnarly mutant that I felt had increased potency over my other cakes.  The mutant cake is now starting some new pins and I'm wondering if the next round will have similar characteristics to the mutant in terms of potency.

Any thoughts?

My other cakes have far better pin sets so I want to clone my best option.  Good pins or better potency. What would you do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: will shrooms from the same cake have same characteristics? [Re: Centerfinger]
    #16365944 - 06/11/12 01:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'd isolate a good fruit producer before I isolated a high potency producer. A lot of people feel like mutants are a bit more active than others though.

VV

OfflineXeonen
The Kingslayer
Male User Gallery

Re: will shrooms from the same cake have same characteristics? [Re: VaeVictum]
    #16366340 - 06/11/12 03:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Depends, if you have taken a spore print from the mutant, the F2 generation will have both mutants and non-mutants but if you have taken a tissue sample from the mutant and used them to create F2, your new generation will be all mutants.

--------------------
P. Eq and P. B+ Grow Log

InvisibleJoeMama1992
Asleep at the Wheel

#16366369 - 06/11/12 03:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Quote:

The mutant cake is now starting some new pins and I'm wondering if the next round will have similar characteristics to the mutant in terms of potency.

As long as it's from the exact same mycelium that produced the potent fruits, then yes. But, with multispore, there are quite a few different genetics on each cake, so there will be varying potency amongst even the same fruits from the same flush.

On the topic of cloning for potency, how can you tell which fruit to clone? After you eat them, there's nothing left to clone! :tongue:

Do you just take clones from some nice fruit producers, then test each batch individually for potency?

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: will shrooms from the same cake have same characteristics? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #16366515 - 06/11/12 04:26 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I always thought when someone saw one that bruised really really blue compared to others they cloned from that. :shrug: That's just something I've read though and don't claim that there's any validity to it.

VV

OfflineCenterfinger
George Clooney is a Spy!
Male

Re: will shrooms from the same cake have same characteristics? [Re: JoeMama1992]
    #16366537 - 06/11/12 04:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks joe, your info was just what I was looking for. I'm just now thinking about cloning which is why I posted the question. all the current cakes are multi spore.  The cake with the potent mutant is producing more now, thats a why I wanted to know if I should clone the next fruit. Even though its the same cake the other fruits may not be similar to the mutant. I can't wait until I'm done with multi spore and moved on to a good isolate.

Much appreciated.

Edited by Centerfinger (06/11/12 04:34 PM)

InvisibleJoeMama1992
Asleep at the Wheel

Re: will shrooms from the same cake have same characteristics? [Re: Centerfinger]
    #16366608 - 06/11/12 04:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:
I always thought when someone saw one that bruised really really blue compared to others they cloned from that.

Sounds kind of like an old-school idea, I've seen a lot of posts from recent years about the blue bruising not necessarily showing the presence of psilocin/psilocybin.

Quote:

Centerfinger said:
I can't wait until I'm done with multi spore and moved on to a good isolate.

You're definitely not alone there, not a big fan of never knowing what to expect from a cake, and as far as agar goes, it's just too much to get into right now.

OfflineCenterfinger
George Clooney is a Spy!
Male

#16366644 - 06/11/12 05:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have my agar dishes ready to rock, just waiting on a candidate.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#16366701 - 06/11/12 05:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JoeMama1992 said:
Sounds kind of like an old-school idea, I've seen a lot of posts from recent years about the blue bruising not necessarily showing the presence of psilocin/psilocybin.

Good to know.  :irishtoast:

VV

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #16367177 - 06/11/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Do you just take clones from some nice fruit producers, then test each batch individually for potency?

Yes.

Take clones from each of your samples and label them accurately.  Then, when you test the samples and know which one(s) are best, go back to that petri dish and grow it out to grains, bulk substrates, etc., and to fruiting.  Make a master culture slant to save it.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleJoeMama1992
Asleep at the Wheel

Re: will shrooms from the same cake have same characteristics? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #16367408 - 06/11/12 08:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well thank you, good sir, especially for the links included like that. Once I'm able to, I'll be purchasing your DVD, I feel like such a cheapskate using only the samples, and the clips help out so much!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale