Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Loc: Canada
This is what I did...
    #1635271 - 06/15/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was using a grow kit originally, but when I got to the spawning phase (where the mycelium is supposed to totally cover a test tube with a grain mixture in it), the mycelium seemed to stop growing. Confused and disappointed I asked what do do on this forum. I was informed that the Tek way is a much better alternative to the Homestead method, I originally assumed using a kit would be simplier.  :tongue: . I didn't want to give up on what I had already started (I didn't have any spore syringes and since it wasn't contaminated or anything) so I transferred the small amount of mycelium that had begun in the test tubes into a couple of jars with the standard mixture of vermaculite and brown rice flour. I also transferred it into some birdseed/whole bran filled jars too, to try and stimulate growth. Do you think that this will work? Will the mycelium start to grow in these jars? What should I do to help them along? What should I avoid?
Thank you.  :grin: 

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: This is what I did... [Re: Dionysus]
    #1635286 - 06/15/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

nope dont think this will work on brf jars maybe your grain if it was prepared corectly

--------------------

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

Re: This is what I did... [Re: FallenShroom]
    #1635295 - 06/15/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Are you serious? It won't work in the vermaculite/rice flour (I assume this is brf jar)? How should the grain be prepared? I hope I did it correctly, it would be a shame to lose everything now!
(I do still have a sporeprint, could I make use of that?)

--------------------
"To arrive at the edge of the world's knowledge, seek out the most complex and sophisticated minds, put them in a room together, and have them ask each other the questions they are asking themselves."

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#1635315 - 06/15/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

you need a multi point injection for brf jar so it will colonize faster placing some grain in there would take months if at all.... contams would have there way with this be4 your network would be complete

--------------------

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#1635321 - 06/15/03 03:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

grain to grain transfer should work if you sterilized it corectly give it a good shake in few day watch for smells and hopefully you have a filter on your grain jars for air exchange

--------------------

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

#1635340 - 06/15/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What kind of filter are we talking about here?
How much grain should be put in the jars? Fill it up almost?

--------------------

OfflineDionysus
Initiate

#1639971 - 06/17/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Interestingly enough, the grain I put in the brf jar seems to be colonizing very quickly, it's even taking the vermaculite/brf mixture.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder